• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD PCR & Antigen test in Melide

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peligro

I walk between cafe breaks
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés ’15-’19
Primitivo ’21
VF ’23
Portugués ’24
I just contacted Clinica Medica Rosalmar in Melide by WhatsApp to ask if they do COVID tests with certificates for travel and they responded yes, PCR and Antigen, and immediately a woman from the clinic called me. She was concerned I would be taking the test too far in advance of my flight. She told me no appointment is necessary and they are open from 9am to 8pm and encouraged me to come.

My understanding of the US requirements is that the test is good for three days prior to the flight whether it is a PCR test or an Antigen test. The woman at the clinic seemed to think otherwise (I think she may have thought only two days) but I have read and reread the US requirements which say:

When do I need to get a test to travel to the US and what kind of test do I need?
Get tested no more than 3 days before your flight to the US departs. Make sure to be tested with a viral test (NAAT or antigen test) to determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19. Also make sure that you receive your results before your flight departs and have documentation of your results to show the airline.

I hope this post is helpful and doesn't lead anybody astray. I'm just sharing my research as I find it. If anybody wants to contact Clinica Medica Rosalmar in Melide directly, the WhatsApp number is +34 696 422 484.

My thinking is that if I can get my test knocked out in Melide and it will work for my flight home three days later, then I don't have to worry about it when I get to Santiago.

Don

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Or… walk a double stage and hop an earlier flight?

As someone who will eventually have to return home out of a larger city (Madrid, Bordeaux, Lisbon or Porto — who knows), I will only have to time things relative to my departure from whichever larger airport. I can’t get directly home from SdC.

Can Americans?

I ask because if there’s a layover in some place like Madrid or similar, it may be the *international* flight that matters and not the commuter flight inside Spain…

Can an American clarify that point for current travellers?

[I have no idea how I will arrive back at home. For the time being I can’t get a direct flight at all for Madrid in January and must transit through Frankfurt. Looking at how things are now, I don’t think that will change. Air Canada needs to be able to get as many people across the pond on a flight as possible, and straight to Madrid in January won’t likely cut it this coming year.

I do hope not to have to think about a layover on the way home.… Even if I have to take a train to arrive at a point of aviary departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back