• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD PCR test in Santiago.

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natale

Time of past OR future Camino
Ivar, can you please tell me where I can get a PCR test in Santiago? Tomorrow 27 May 2021 I arrive in Santiago but I'm told that I need a pcr test in order to get a flight from Santiago to Naples Italy where I live. I have my two vaccines already. Please advise. Thank you Natale

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have a look here.. don’t know more since I never had to take one :
Hi Ivar.
I am sorry, but your reply is unacceptable to me.
sYates has done a good job in providing the list of testing labs, but I think that you, as the person who runs this forum and as a Santiago resident, should provide a well researched list of such labs, with their opening hours, prices and addresses to all forum members. As you pointed out in your YouTube broadcast of yesterday (Monday, June 07), the number of pilgrims arriving in Santiago is on the increase, and inevitably so is the number of those who fly out of it - and they all need to be tested 72 hours prior to flight. Although I am planning on doing the Portuguese Way in September, this point is the one that keeps me most worried about.
Thanks in advance,
Yoram Cohen, Israel

Hi Ivar.
sYates has done a good job in providing the list of testing labs, but I think that you, as the person who runs this forum and as a Santiago resident, should provide a well researched list of such labs, with their opening hours, prices and addresses to all forum members. As you pointed out in your YouTube broadcast of yesterday (Monday, June 07), the number of pilgrims arriving in Santiago is on the increase, and inevitably so is the number of those who fly out of it - and they all need to be tested 72 hours prior to flight. Although I am planning on doing the Portuguese Way in September, this point is the one that keeps me most worried about.
Thanks in advance,
Yoram Cohen, Israel
Sybil has created this great list. So no need for me to do it again.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For all Europeans flying to France after 9 th of July , Minister of transport Mr Djebbari said on CNews that PCR is not needed anymore if you are fully vaccinated or had COVID and antigène tested .The green pass is going to be extended all over Europe

Hi Ivar.
Thanks in advance,
Yoram Cohen, Israel
Hi Yoram, I just finished my Camino and this is the lab I went to for my rapid test in order to fly out of Spain and back home to Italy. If you or anyone needs a PCR or rapid test I recommend this place. The cost is 40 euro for the rapid test printed results within 15 minutes. The PCR is 90 euros results back within 24hrs.
Revimedic PCR or Rapid test.
Rúa de Santo Domingo de la Calzada, 6, 2ºC, 15701 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain. All one has to do is call 349 8159 5223 and make an appointment. I called and got an appointment within a few minutes. Buen Camino

Hi Ivar.
Thanks in advance,
Yoram Cohen, Israel
You might like to learn some manners, no one owes you anything.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Ivar.
Thanks in advance,
Yoram Cohen, Israel

You might like to learn some manners, no one owes you anything.
I agree with @Doughnut NZ ! Ivar provides us with this wonderful forum. How rude to expect anything more.

Hi @Yoram Cohen : I contemplated if I would react to your post because the last thing I want is to stir things up.
I decided to post it here and not through a pm. And I do take into consideration that maybe English is not your native language ( like it is not mine ) so maybe some context gets " lost in translation"
First of all Ivar does not have to do anything special to facilitate you.

Secondly : the search bar in the right upper corner is a good tool to find more detailed information. Given by many of our esteemed forummembers.

Thirdly : I do hope that your next Camino will be one of openness, kindness and patience.

And lastly : I see that it is your first post on this forum. Do take the time to browse through this wonderful source and familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of it.

Buen Camino!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Ivar.
Thanks in advance,
Yoram Cohen, Israel
Hi, @Yoram Cohen : I am sorry, but your reply is unacceptable to me.

Edit: IMHO you need to shape up your behaviour and attitude. You are not entitled to nothing but help/an assistance to your questions/needs/worries on this forum. Many pilgrims are willing to help you here. Attcking the forum owner is pointless.

I love to meet pilgrims on the way. You are not on my list now. I hope it will change.

Last edited:
For all Europeans flying to France after 9 th of July , Minister of transport Mr Djebbari said on CNews that PCR is not needed anymore if you are fully vaccinated or had COVID and antigène tested .The green pass is going to be extended all over Europe
Hi,

First, I would like to apologize if this comes out as someone questioning your statement above. I have no intention to do that. But can you please direct me to a link that shows that France will not require a covid PCR test prior to entering their country? According to https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/FRA/7002 they do still require PCR Covid test from Orange countries (USA being one of them). Searching for "July 9 france covid" reveals nothing of the news above.

Thanks for your help.

But can you please direct me to a link that shows that France will not require a covid PCR test prior to entering their country?
@Rozenn wrote about all Europeans flying to France.

According to both Reopen Europe and this document issued by the French government, updated on 2 June 2021, all of the EU is green and most of the rest of the world is orange, and the requirements are:
  • Fully vaccinated people travelling from an EU country to France: No testing requirements for them.

• Fully vaccinated people arriving from "orange" countries, such as from the USA, in France: They must take a pre-departure COVID-19 test.
Both the colour scheme and the requirements scheme have been set up by France. Other EU countries do not share these schemes. France doesn't use the ECDC colour scheme.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back