• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

PCR test labs in Santiago

1spiritedmom

Time of past OR future Camino
Hola! I am looking for a recommendation for PCR test lab in Santiago with English speaking/results available electronically.
I am finishing Monday and will need this test in order to fly back home.
Thank-you!
#buencamino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yours looks better!! Certainly, the hours are.
I've been to that hospital when I needed some stitches removed. It's very nice, and they have an English speaking liaison person, though I don't know if that's for the Covid tests too.

There are several threads on this subject, and recently someone said that they stopped by the Pilgrim House in Santiago, and were given places where tests are offered.

I did mine at the airport - super easy and efficient - no lines. I went there 2 days before my trip to the USA and I had my results within 24hrs - it was about €80.

Here is a link to schedule the appointment. However it is totally unnecessary as the walk in process takes 2 minutes and is hassle free

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola! I am looking for a recommendation for PCR test lab in Santiago with English speaking/results available electronically.
Thank-you!
#buencamino
We used Clinica Revimedic. They are maybe a 10 to 15 minute walk from the cathedral and we had results in 5 hours! English speaking and very professional. Super impressed. Results sent electronically.

I've been to that hospital when I needed some stitches removed. It's very nice, and they have an English speaking liaison person, though I don't know if that's for the Covid tests too.

There are several threads on this subject, and recently someone said that they stopped by the Pilgrim House in Santiago, and were given places where tests are offered.

I have just returned from Santiago. Pilgrim house is helpful for resources. What’s important is for you to know the exact type of. OVID test you need as most folks are looking for rapid/antigen tests. The labs in Santiago do not seem to be open on weekends.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We used Clinica Revimedic. They are maybe a 10 to 15 minute walk from the cathedral and we had results in 5 hours! English speaking and very professional. Super impressed. Results sent electronically.
PCR results in 5 hours? That's not the norm... usually they take a minimum of 24. Interesting!

We used https://lifeclinic.es/promociones/pcr-con-toma-de-muestra-por-saliva/ in September. Less than a 10 minute walk from the Cathedral and open until 6:00 pm with results by 3:00 pm the next day. The only caution - the clinic is on the second floor so you need to ring the doorbell to get entry. They used the saliva testing method so no up-the-nose discomfort. Highly recommended

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have just returned from Santiago. Pilgrim house is helpful for resources. What’s important is for you to know the exact type of. OVID test you need as most folks are looking for rapid/antigen tests. The labs in Santiago do not seem to be open on weekends.
Canada requires PCR as do several
other countries. Check out TravelDocs. It’s a great website that indicates what each country requires.

As far as I am aware if you live within Europe, including Ireland and now the UK as they have also signed up to the EU vaccine passport as well. Basically if you have had both doses of a recognised vaccine more than two weeks ago and you have a copy of your digital Certificate you don't have to have a PCR test at the moment. If your not vaccinated then PCR tests are compulsory and double check which tests your airline/country except as there is still confusion of Antigen Testing.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As far as I am aware if you live within Europe, including Ireland and now the UK as they have also signed up to the EU vaccine passport as well. Basically if you have had both doses of a recognised vaccine more than two weeks ago and you have a copy of your digital Certificate you don't have to have a PCR test at the moment. If your not vaccinated then PCR tests are compulsory and double check which tests your airline/country except as there is still confusion of Antigen Testing.
Thank-you!
#buencamino
I arrived in Santiago and went to the tourist bureau. They have a list of places that provide PCR and other tests. Returning to Canada I definitely required the PCR test. I found the list had various locations the cost up to 225 Euro and up to 36 hours to get your results. By asking around, I found the best option was at the airport. I immediately took a bus to the airport. I received a PCR test and it cost 95 Euro and had my results in 45 minutes. For peace of mind, I would get the test done the day before your departure. It was definitely a relief to finally confirm the Negative test results and enjoyed my last night in Santiago.

Much easier to book at Clinica Revimedic. Close by and results guaranteed that same day. We just came back to Canada and it worked beautifully. It’s close by and $90 euro.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank-you!
#buencamino

Are you flying home from Santiago?

If not the test lab at Madrid airport was fast and efficient for me on Oct 20th. I went to airport the evening before leaving, walked right up to lab and had results 20 minutes later.

Much easier to book at Clinica Revimedic. Close by and results guaranteed that same day. We just came back to Canada and it worked beautifully. It’s close by and $90 euro.
This is good news - I'm also flying back to Canada....good to hear they accepted the results from this lab. Thank-you!

Thank-you!
#buencamino
Thank-you!
#buencamino
I had the same problem. A really great option right in town …Went to Pilgrams Hostel
+34 981 585 788
Rúa Nova, 19
15705 Santiago de Compostela
La Coruña, Spain

Great to help you with everything. I booked a site on Facebook about a15 minute walk out of town with their help. Clinic professional, Fast and got results in 2 hours for $ 90 . Go there to relax etc. also great to leave your backpack for most of the day if you want to go around town. Great people.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
WARNING. I used Revimedic and they screwed up the Certificate and the airline would not allow me to fly. (Canada / Nov 2021).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This is good news - I'm also flying back to Canada....good to hear they accepted the results from this lab. Thank-you!
Clinical Revimedic failed to indicate on the certificate that my test was a PCR test. They indicated nucleic acid test, and although that is legitimate per gov.ca, SATA would not allow me to board my flight today. Very disappointed.

Thank-you!
#buencamino
If home is America the rapid antigen is enough. I did mine 3 hrs before my flight at Madrid airport cost €29 results 15 minutes

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.