• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pedra Furada - Staying with Antonio in Portugal

Vakond

We arrived to Pedra Furada on the day of the World Cup final, so it was decided that we stay over there that night.
The owner Antonio took great care of us, speaks little English, was very helpful and fortunately he had his 2 beds free for us. After 3 sleepless nights it was a bliss! Clean, tidy, fair price, there is also a restaurant joint with the house. It was very convenient, could recommend it to anyone and from here you can easily walk down to Lugar de Corgo, where Fernanda and Jacinto would welcome you!

Best stage of our walk!

K

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
*this has been edited to be a bit clearer*

I canºt recall the address, but Pedra Furada is a small place (albeit with a lot of outlying houses & farms across a larger area) so you shouldnºt miss Antonio! You'll pass a sign for the town a long time before getting to Restaurant Pedra Furada, which Antonio operates with his sister (the wooden sign youºll see straight ahead in a tree as you approach a t-junction saying Restaurante Pedra Furada 2km is that for Antonio´s place). Kilometres later, youºll walk up the hill into a solid stretch of houses, etc. The restaurante cafe is on a corner with a small stone part directly in front of you, and another sign for the restaurante points left. The cafe, though, is entered directly off the caminho path, and has a big window, dark peach coloured masonry, and an Ola icecream sign.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We stopped at Antonio’s restaurant in Pedra Furada for a break on our way to Barcelos. Had we not had reservations ahead, we would have been very happy to end our walking day here. The restaurant/bar was lovely and the smells coming from the kitchen heavenly. Since it had been raining off and on all day, stopping 10 km short of Barcelos would have been most welcomed. The next day, we went on to Casa Fernanda which was one of our Camino highlights. If you do want a bed at Fernanda’s, I’d suggest you call ahead and reserve one. With a limited number of dorm beds and one private room, and seeing how popular she is, it may take a reservation to get in unless you get lucky and arrive early. Her hospitality is second to none. Photo below of Antonio at his bar.
E5838FB1-A3D1-42C5-87F4-A181351D0CBB.jpeg

We stopped at Antonio’s restaurant in Pedra Furada for a break on our way to Barcelos. Had we not had reservations ahead, we would have been very happy to end our walking day here. The restaurant/bar was lovely and the smells coming from the kitchen heavenly. Since it had been raining off and on all day, stopping 10 km short of Barcelos would have been most welcomed. The next day, we went on to Casa Fernanda which was one of our Camino highlights. If you do want a bed at Fernanda’s, I’d suggest you call ahead and reserve one. With a limited number of dorm beds and one private room, and seeing how popular she is, it may take a reservation to get in unless you get lucky and arrive early. Her hospitality is second to none. Photo below of Antonio at his bar.
View attachment 105741
We visited in 2018. Didn’t realize that the original posts were so old.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.