• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pee Cloth - leave no trace

MaidinBham

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances SJPP to Muxia, April (2014)
Camino Portuguese Lisbon>Santiago, April/May (2016)
Hi to all. Perhaps some of you gals are familiar with "pee clothes" But for those who aren't familiar with them, they are a anti-microbial cloth used for wiping after you pee. Much better than a hanky, and weighs less than having to carry TP (and having to pack it out) or panty liners. Here is link to the product I use https://animosa.co/p-off-cloths There are other brands such as Kula cloth, to find on internet just search for "pee clothes".
Please leave no trace on the beautiful Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi to all. Perhaps some of you gals are familiar with "pee clothes" But for those who aren't familiar with them, they are a anti-microbial cloth used for wiping after you pee. Much better than a hanky, and weighs less than having to carry TP (and having to pack it out) or panty liners. Here is link to the product I use https://animosa.co/p-off-cloths There are other brands such as Kula cloth, to find on internet just search for "pee clothes".
This brings up a question for this newbie: How often is this necessary? Are there no facilities along the way at all? Or is this related to emergency use only?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I agree the price is kind of high, but it is a high tech fabric impregnated with silver or something to keep odor and bacteria at bay. And it does seem to work better than the hanky I have used as it is not really absorbent and does retain odor unless you rinse it out after every use and hang on backpack to dry. I have also used panty liners but that is added weight in your pack versus the weight of one cloth.
Janice

I agree the price is kind of high, but it is a high tech fabric impregnated with silver or something to keep odor and bacteria at bay. And it does seem to work better than the hanky I have used as it is not really absorbent and does retain odor unless you rinse it out after every use and hang on backpack to dry. I have also used panty liners but that is added weight in your pack versus the weight of one cloth.
Janice
I simply wash my cloth out each night with soap and water. Have used the same one for years. It doesn't smell.

This brings up a question for this newbie: How often is this necessary? Are there no facilities along the way at all? Or is this related to emergency use only?
The only "facilities" I saw on Camino Francis going over the top in the Pyrenees were the hunter's blinds. We are trekking through rural areas, drinking lots of water to stay hydrated, so yes there will be times where you have no choice.
Janice

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Maybe it's an age thing but if I drink coffee in the morning, I'm going to have to pee 1/2 hour later on the trail. On some stages, there are plenty of bars along the way. On others, you'll be using the bush. I've walked nearly every year since 2006 and have never once had to poop on the trail. I get that done in the albergue before leaving. (pardon my language but it is what it is).

Facilities along the way will be cafes/bars where you should buy something to use. Usually every few kms. Depends on your own bladder, how much you are drinking (don't get dehydrated by restricting liquids), and so on. Sometimes they are just not located where needed. Trees are generally available for hiding behind except in meseta area. Best to be prepared but don't sweat over it.

Facilities along the way will be cafes/bars where you should buy something to use. Usually every few kms. Depends on your own bladder, how much you are drinking (don't get dehydrated by restricting liquids), and so on. Sometimes they are just not located where needed. Trees are generally available for hiding behind except in meseta area. Best to be prepared but don't sweat over it.
Thank you! My Camino is three months out but I’m already adjusting to ‘needing’ less coffee in the morning. Water however is not being restricted. I’m adjusting to increased amounts of that. Thank you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I can see why the fancier anti microbial pee cloth would be great on a hiking and wild camping trip were access to facilities is minimal. But I think I will be sticking to my cheap pee rag from an old bandana for the camino, it's easy to wash out each day and hanging it/keeping it in outside mesh pocket on rucksack. On Frances and Portuguese caminos I only used it a handful of times as mostly there were enough bars etc normally to meet toilet needs. On other routes with more limited facilities a pee rag was a really useful addition to kit.

A bandana cut in fourths and washed out with my laundry each night is enough for me. I cannot justify the price of those Kula cloths when any cloth can be easily washed. They do not stink.

I simply wash my cloth out each night with soap and water. Have used the same one for years. It doesn't smell.
I have also read on other backpacking blogs that if sunny, and your bandana is tied to the outside of your pack and dries out, that any odor or bacteria during the day is no problem. I assume a true statement but I'm not sure.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I can see why the fancier anti microbial pee cloth would be great on a hiking and wild camping trip were access to facilities is minimal. But I think I will be sticking to my cheap pee rag from an old bandana for the camino, it's easy to wash out each day and hanging it/keeping it in outside mesh pocket on rucksack. On Frances and Portuguese caminos I only used it a handful of times as mostly there were enough bars etc normally to meet toilet needs. On other routes with more limited facilities a pee rag was a really useful addition to kit.
Yes, I can see where it might be useful where you have no place to wash out a cloth

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was thinking of buying period underwear and using them for this purpose. My daughter has used them for years for their intended purpose (along with a diva cup) and loves them.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Unfortunately with the current exchange rate plus postage to Australia makes them far too expensive. I use a cheap microfiber cloth.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For my fellow Australian's, I just found this at our local Paddy Pallin. I'm mostly happy to shake but my 9 year old daughter isn't :)

That's a very expensive item at $37+ for just one. You gave me an idea to improvise with a kitchen hot pad.😅 (Just saying tongue in cheek, please take no offense.)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That's a very expensive item at $37+ for just one. You gave me an idea to improvise with a kitchen hot pad.😅 (Just saying tongue in cheek, please take no offense.)
I was thinking something similar, surely it would be quite easy to make something like this, at a fraction of the price, I live in rural Victoria so adding postage on top for 2 makes for an expensive addition to our packs.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well I see it has a dollar $ sign in front of it, so I assume so. In post #1, the link is posted in blue text if you care to go back and take a look.
Works out to about A$25 plus postage which I couldn't find to Australia. Be good if PP could sell those ones. They look a better size as well.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was worried about this whilst preparing for my first Camino (July 2018). I think the amount you need to pee also depends on the time of year and how much you are perspiring! In the month I was walking I rarely got caught short. I only drink decaf which also helps, I did not deprive myself of fluids and refilled my water several times a day so was drinking plenty, and probably perspiring out the majority of it as I certainly did not pee as much as I was drinking! I wouldn’t worry about it. However, a pee cloth sounds like a good idea as there’s nothing worse than being confronted by the sight of loads of toilet paper and paper hankies 😩😄👣💞

Do I miss something? I always have paper handkerchiefs ( packet of ten ) close by. After use into a ziplockbag or designated pocket of trouser. When reaching village or town and garbagebin available I throw it away.
It's a discussion female hikers have had for years about peeing outdoors. On the camino it's very possible to use tissue and a ziplock bag to throw it away on reaching a bin. But in other hiking circumstances other options such as dripdry/jiggle or a pee cloth make more sense (eg multi day hike in wilderness area with no facilities). And as my pee rag is recycled from on old damaged bandana it's a simple way to reduce, reuse, recycle too

Do I miss something? I always have paper handkerchiefs ( packet of ten ) close by. After use into a ziplockbag or designated pocket of trouser. When reaching village or town and garbagebin available I throw it away.
Same. I always take tissues and a roll of doggie bags on Camino to dispose of waste / rubbish of any kind at next bin along the way. Leaving no trace. Easy. 😎

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Cloth is more environmentally friendly than single use tissues, and less likely to be intentionally or unintentionally left behind a bush for someone else to find. But I fail to see the need for an expensive high-tech version - it seems really silly when a small lightweight cotton hankie or bandana will do just fine.

Before I discovered the Pibella I used child sized cotton handkerchiefs, put them in a zip lock plastic bag and rinsed them out at night. Any thin cotton will do, and it is dry by morning.

A warning to those relying on panty-liners. If you get the slightest inkling of something rubbing - stop and adjust or take it off! Never have I had such pain as a blister in a very intimate place.

Cloth is more environmentally friendly than single use tissues, and less likely to be intentionally or unintentionally left behind a bush for someone else to find
That’s true. Tissues may not be the ideal. But I feel ok about using a few tissues each day. At home I’d be using loo paper. And I’m vigilant about not leaving rubbish anywhere anytime. As many others are I’m sure - but not all. When we walk in our local national park we always take a rubbish bag with us and pick up as much as we can of other peoples discarded rubbish. It’s sad to see how uncaring people can be when it comes to leaving their rubbish behind. 😢

Last edited by a moderator:
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I’m just wondering why one needs a “pee cloth” at all? I just jiggle around a bit and the job is done…..not sure what all the fuss is about?? Please enlighten me!! :)
I thought I hit the jackpot when I learned how to squat and pee without taking off my backpack - now I have to jiggle too?!:p

I was worried about this whilst preparing for my first Camino (July 2018). I think the amount you need to pee also depends on the time of year and how much you are perspiring! In the month I was walking I rarely got caught short. I only drink decaf which also helps, I did not deprive myself of fluids and refilled my water several times a day so was drinking plenty, and probably perspiring out the majority of it as I certainly did not pee as much as I was drinking! I wouldn’t worry about it. However, a pee cloth sounds like a good idea as there’s nothing worse than being confronted by the sight of loads of toilet paper and paper hankies 😩😄👣💞
I had the same experience in September 2018. It was very hot most days, and I was drinking a lot of water but only had to seek a bush to hide behind once or twice.

I’m just wondering why one needs a “pee cloth” at all? I just jiggle around a bit and the job is done…..not sure what all the fuss is about?? Please enlighten me!! :)
Ewwwww..... LOL!

Well this thread is giving me a good laugh... which I needed!
Thanks, Ladies!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If every woman walking the Camino pees just once a day in the wild, tossing her used TP into a plastic bag, that adds up to 1000s and 1000s of plastic bags! Isn't it better not to add to that plastic mountain?
I wash out my plastic bag that holds my bandana pieces along with the cloth.

Ewwwww..... LOL!

Well this thread is giving me a good laugh... which I needed!
Thanks, Ladies!
Me, too!😅
I hate jiggling cuz those extra seconds on the Camino take too much time if someone walks by, I'm impatient anyway, and it doesn't really work too well for me. Even one missed drip feels yucky on my undies...TMI perhaps.🙄

Since we’re talking about pee, I’m waffling on whether or not to bring an FUD. I have one and I’ve practiced with it at home, but I wonder sometimes if it’s going to be more bother than it’s worth, getting it out, making sure its aimed properly while also trying to not accidentally hit clothing, etc.

This is one of those things where the other plumbing definitely has its advantages. 😆

Since we’re talking about pee, I’m waffling on whether or not to bring an FUD. I have one and I’ve practiced with it at home, but I wonder sometimes if it’s going to be more bother than it’s worth, getting it out, making sure its aimed properly while also trying to not accidentally hit clothing, etc.

This is one of those things where the other plumbing definitely has its advantages. 😆
You just listed all the reasons why for me they are useless on the Camino. I'm always in a huge hurry to finish before possibly being seen. Too much of a hassle for me, but some gals love them.

In my nine years of walking the Camino Frances, I only had to use a bush one time...plenty of opportunities to visit a bar.

€83,-
In my nine years of walking the Camino Frances, I only had to use a bush one time...plenty of opportunities to visit a bar.
Mileage on the bladder may vary.

Before I had my son, I went twice a day. End of.
20 hours into a 37 hour process, I was given an epidural and then I was forgotten by the nurses. When they got back to me, my bladder was holding a full night's worth of ice-chips and water. 1.5 litres.
The bladder was injured and has been painfully sensitive ever since. It's not a matter of incontinence. It's a matter of severe pain that would simply destroy my walk if I could not relieve myself.
I would imagine other women may have similar concerns/experiences.

Some of us will sometimes find that the bar simply isn't close enough.
I think in the 790K of the CF I had to pee outside 3 times, but I heard of women who went outside every day. That's just how it is...

Strategies are needed for those "no services for 12+ km" days.

I have washable bamboo cloths, each the size of a TP square. And a porta-bidet for washing up on the go because nope nope nope: Not gonna "drip dry" and I don't like the various "options" (liners aren't made to hold the acid of urine; an incontinence pad would be overdoing it *for me*).

I did try out the FUD on my first camino and ditched it very quickly. Useless with trousers...

Maybe it's an age thing but if I drink coffee in the morning, I'm going to have to pee 1/2 hour later on the trail. On some stages, there are plenty of bars along the way. On others, you'll be using the bush. I've walked nearly every year since 2006 and have never once had to poop on the trail. I get that done in the albergue before leaving. (pardon my language but it is what it is).

Poop poop.

Before Atapuerca had to go.

Stomach roiling.

Quiet spot found.

It was a liberating experience.

BTW: No jiggle I. Can’t shake it off.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you! My Camino is three months out but I’m already adjusting to ‘needing’ less coffee in the morning. Water however is not being restricted. I’m adjusting to increased amounts of that. Thank you.
Fortunately, you can get a healthy dose of caffeine in a concentrated drink called a "cortado": one shot of espresso, one shot of milk. Does the trick and it's lovely but won't overload a bladder. That leaves you room for other things to hydrate with and keep your electrolytes balanced. Don't forget that you may need to pay more attention to sugars and salts to keep going day after day. Many walkers have found out that they need more than water.

€46,-
Yes i do the same but a close friend who is a conservationist taught me to use a stone! Yes they work. Just look for a smooth decent size stone, wipe gently and throw to one side when finished. Obviously only when peeing!

Wow! This is quite the discussion, and honestly, something I had not even considered talking about; to me it makes sense to have a few squares of tissue paper with you - just in case, and the baggie to pack it out and eventually dispose of properly! I've been pretty fortunate to come across a bathroom in time and haven't had an experience like this while walking on the Camino:)

€46,-
I don't know.
I can't see the difference in those $18 cloths and an old bandana I wash out each night, but to each her own. I think I'm feeling grouchy today.
Although there are many ways to manage that task during our Camino days, I have used them on a few caminos and they are a great idea. They are hygienic( silver ions in cloth), convenient and less expensive to buy on Amazon than the brand names.

Such a curious and interesting conversation. Men don't have this concern, so why do women worry about it? Do we really NEED to wipe after we pee? I know we were taught to wipe, but why? If the jiggle is good enough for the boys, why isn't it good enough for the girls? When I have to pee on the trail, drip dry is good enough for me. LOL!

Janice
Agree! I have a Kula cloth and I’m amazed at the absorbency and lack of odor. I snap it on my pack and can use it over and over. For me it’s been worth the cost.

Such a curious and interesting conversation. Men don't have this concern, so why do women worry about it? Do we really NEED to wipe after we pee? I know we were taught to wipe, but why? If the jiggle is good enough for the boys, why isn't it good enough for the girls? When I have to pee on the trail, drip dry is good enough for me. LOL!
Because it feels gross, and the dried urine smells worse, not to mention it stains my underwear.

I was thinking of buying period underwear and using them for this purpose. My daughter has used them for years for their intended purpose (along with a diva cup) and loves them.
I love that you are all challenging yourselves to be better pilgrims. You all have some great ideas to try out. Don't let anyone discourage you from giving your idea a go. We all have different bodily needs. For example I will be using a stand up and pee this trip. I am now 60 and taking the pack off after hours of walking and bending at the knees I expect to be challenging this time around. I also will be trying out some of your suggestions as well. The period panties I want to comment on, as a take into account info, the elastic around the legs can cut with so much walking. I tried this and it would have been a good idea if the leg cut had been higher. Now I know! Deb

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
One challenge with the stand up and pee FUDs is that trousers / pants are not really designed for ladies anatomy (hence we end up dropping everything and squatting). There are various brands of pants out there (I'm thinking ziphers shorts/leggings/pants) that change that and have a front to back zip / similar which means that we don't suffer from over exposure when going for that 'wild wee'. Has any one use them?

My concern about the period panties (which I love) is that they tend to take ages to dry - but that might be just my cold bathroom! Ideally to the camino you'd want them to dry overnight and mine definitely take several days.

(I'm generally a jiggler and just wash the panties each evening)

Totally agree on all counts

Interesting ideas, and thread. But I think I’ll stick with taking ultra thin panti-liners, and doing the camino jiggle if I have to pee in the bush. I can carry a pack of 40 and they weigh next to nothing, just a bit bulky, but I squeeze them all, vacuum-packed, into a ziplock bag. Wear one every day and toss it every night. The thought of carrying a pee rag makes my toes curl up 🤣.

€46,-
Thank you for the info! I'm hiking my first Camino starting April 18th this year. I like the idea of an anti-microbial cloth. As a nurse I would be concerned about getting urinary tract infections if not cleaning yourself correctly or wearing panty liners that could cause chafing or sweating. I read in some replies that a old wool sock was used. Wool? sounds rather scratchy for a sensitive area!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
One challenge with the stand up and pee FUDs is that trousers / pants are not really designed for ladies anatomy (hence we end up dropping everything and squatting). There are various brands of pants out there (I'm thinking ziphers shorts/leggings/pants) that change that and have a front to back zip / similar which means that we don't suffer from over exposure when going for that 'wild wee'. Has any one use them?

I've ordered a pair of ZipHers. I'll let you know what I think when they get here.

If you're wearing a skirt and don't have chub rub, something like petals panties might work for modest peeing without an FUD.

I think all pilgrims, both men and women, appreciate your discussion and attempts to find ways to lessen the impact of bits of toilet paper found along the trail. There’s nothing that ruins a beautiful setting more than finding bits of TP left behind after someone did their business

I would be concerned about getting urinary tract infections if not cleaning yourself correctly or wearing panty liners that could cause chafing or sweating
There is absolutely no chafing or sweating by wearing an ultra thin panti-liner.

At the next stop convenient stop after a pee the liner gets tossed into a bin.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Anatomy

Anatomy. Indeed. And uric acid. And laundry… and panty liners were not designed to draw uric acid away from very delicate tissues.
And I haven’t known quite how to address this idea that one can just “drip dry” other than to say that as a person who has to teach about sexual health and anatomy, that not every female person can easily “drip dry”.
It really, really bothers me that people make commands or assertions (that can come off as very smug) about bladder control, holding capacity, or being able to shake and have nothing left to deal with…

Humans have variably anatomy. Many women would be helpless to “drip dry”. Without wiping, uric acid can get into places that you really do not want it to be — especially if one is “older” and does not have the same level of protective body fluid that she had in her youth.

I’m sorry to have to do a health lesson here… and I really was sitting on it lest I be disciplined for offering ”medical advice” — honestly though, this is just hygiene information to prevent injury and to ask people to consider that their “just do like I do” can come across as “what the hell is wrong with you?” And women have enough of that to deal with as it is.

“Why carry a pound of toiletries?! I only need a comb and a toothbrush!” opine the men. Well, my friends… weigh your “feminine hygiene products”. Oh says another, “Just buy them in Spain! It’s not a third world country!” Sure… but people have favourite brands… and so yes, they might carry a half pound or more of packaging… that will at least diminish over the trip (Probably. …most 6-week trips will mean a diminishing supply).

Not everyone is past the age of managing ”feminine concerns” on a through hike.

I wish that people would be cognizant of the fact that age, reproductive stage of life, previous injury or illness, and the desire not to cause new injury do equate to needing individual attention. One size does not fit all in this area.

I say this with compassion for anyone who can’t comfortably manage the 17K without a rest stop in a bar…. For the person with PCOS who may want to go on a through-hike (even if it comes with decent beds and plumbing along much of the way, the physical aspect of camino is a through-hike)… for the person who has survived bladder cancer, a hysterectomy, pelvic floor issues with ageing….

Please, please… be gentle with each other.

What an eye opening and interesting post, Faye; it's seriously been very enlightening to me. Although I do not struggle with the majority of issues you mention, my biggest take away is that we ladies may be very different from each other "down under". I applaud you for speaking out. Hopefully we can better understand why we each "say what we say" on this thread. Thank you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
if anyone does use TP why don't they just bury it - it is easily biodegradable in soil.... better than thousands of extra plastic bags being dumped in Spanish litter bins for locals to pay for to go to landfill cos its not biodegradable - because its been put in a plastic bag.... ditto dog poo.....!! :rolleyes:😌

I bring a couple of dog poo bags to put my kleenex in. At ends day, empty bag appropriately and reuse! works for me!

I used pee cloth and also reusable panty liners that you can wash out each day. I was disgusted with the amount of toilet paper discarded in the bushes. Seriously use pee cloth and if you do something that requires toilet paper carry a doggy bag and dispose thoughtfully.

€149,-
After 4 Caminos and now aged 75 I still haven´t found a solution. My first Camino I could walk most of the day without needing to pee, that is no longer the case. I always carry TP anyway as you often come across toilets without any, and a re-usable ziplock bag to put it in. A cloth sounds like a good idea. I would love to try an FUD, it sounds like a good solution, especially when your knees don´t bend so well anymore. Unfortunately they are unavailable where I live. I made myself one out of a small pop bottle but am not sure it works all that well!

My concern about the period panties (which I love) is that they tend to take ages to dry - but that might be just my cold bathroom! Ideally to the camino you'd want them to dry overnight and mine definitely take several days.

(I'm generally a jiggler and just wash the panties each evening)
That is a really good point. Thank you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've ordered a pair of ZipHers. I'll let you know what I think when they get here.

If you're wearing a skirt and don't have chub rub, something like petals panties might work for modest peeing without an FUD.
Thank you I am very interested in how they work. Please let us know. Some may think this a topic of little concern, but hygiene is my first priority, not only personal but environmentally.

After 4 Caminos and now aged 75 I still haven´t found a solution. My first Camino I could walk most of the day without needing to pee, that is no longer the case. I always carry TP anyway as you often come across toilets without any, and a re-usable ziplock bag to put it in. A cloth sounds like a good idea. I would love to try an FUD, it sounds like a good solution, especially when your knees don´t bend so well anymore. Unfortunately they are unavailable where I live. I made myself one out of a small pop bottle but am not sure it works all that well!
I suggest you practice in a safe place such as your own shower. I bought a SheWee and was very keen. Easy enough to use while naked but I never managed to keep my clothes dry :eek: Abandoned the whole idea!!

I too dislike damp 'knickers' and prefer to wipe dry. I don't bother with a plastic bag for tissues used for urine - I just fold the paper over and put it in a pocket (it's only urine after all!) and discard in a bin - please don't put face tissues down a toilet as they don't dissolve like toilet paper and can cause a blockage. Great that we can discuss this most relevant topic:)

I have been trying out most types of fuds on and off the camino. Sheewee was unreliable because it can bend creating backflow. Pibella was successful sometimes - eek! But I have found my solution - the pstyle does not bend and so helps puah clothing out of the way and so far I have been unable to get it wrong. Well worth a try - I am 64 by the way… 👍🤞😬

Me too! I mean - I do prefer to wipe - but I would rather drip dry a little and pull up my panties. I shower and wash my panties as soon as I arrive at an albergue anyway! Can't stand the thought of putting a "pee rag" on or in my pack haha. And heck - one less thing to pack! (I say that - but I do carry a little emergency toilet paper just in case I can't make it somewhere to take care of my other business - rarely happens - but when it does.... and yes, pack it out even though that is gross too). On a day hike I have also just used pads - but I don't want to have to carry pads for my Camino. I had a Uterine Ablation - so don't have to worry about pads/tampons/diva cups/period panties anymore otherwise. I am sure to buy panties that dry very fast and don't hold odors too. Also - most of the time I manage to make it to actual toilets anyway.

Ha ha - I was the same. I just spent 2 days trying to make the pstyle let me down (my leg 🙄🤫) and I cannot. It is working every time - in skinny jeans, leggings - you name it….I am joyful!!! The solution is that it doesn’t bend!! Brilliant! 👏👏👏😍

€149,-
I just got my pstyle a few days ago... practicing at home, success! No pee on underwear or jeans. It is hard to get it into position when wearing jeans, because of the zipper being higher up than in men's jeans (I think). Practice makes perfect, though. I'm looking forward to trying it outdoors.

I just got my pstyle a few days ago... practicing at home, success! No pee on underwear or jeans. It is hard to get it into position when wearing jeans, because of the zipper being higher up than in men's jeans (I think). Practice makes perfect, though. I'm looking forward to trying it outdoors.
Good for you - it is a real sense of freedom when it works!! 👏👏 What eorks for me is yo pull jeans down a bit and pants to the left - one less layer of fabric sgsinst the device… 😃🤞

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.