• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pelegrino Passport Idea

BeastofEast

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino in April, 2016
Hi all!

It's wonderful to be able to look at these forums after getting done my camino. It's a great way to revisit it.

I still have my pelegrino passport, and was thinking of how wonderful it would be if, along the camino, instead of just collecting stamps, you collected drawings or memories in the passport. So, with each person you walked with, you could ask them to draw something small in the passport, in place of one of the stamps. Looking back on it now, I really wish that I had done it! It would have brought back even more memories.

Buen camino!

Jeff

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On my last walk I did a drawing or watercolour picture every day in a wee journal and also added a stamp of wherever we were staying. One quick sketch was of a guy playing flamenco guitar - he signed it for me!

I "manufactured " my own credential/memoria using one of the Camino notebooks Ivar sold me.
It had sellos and comments from people along the way. I had inserted the frontispiece and prayer from an official credential in the front along with a few other prayers, a map of spain marked with the route I had intended to take, and distances between the major places on the various Caminos involved. (I ended up going differnt in the last weeks).
I had done this before but this gime I had to be a bit persuasive to get the pilgrims officeto accept it. I won't try that again but I am pleased that it worked. I would suggest using a normal credential to show where you started and the requisite last 100k's sellos and something like mine for a sello/note/comment.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have seen pilgrims do parallel credenciales-- the official one, and a notebook one which held sketches, etc, as well as the sellos. Either way, I am informed that they are great for an alibi. Should you be under investigation for some offence, you can always tell the detective that, on October 4, you were in the refugio in Belorado, and you have sketches to prove it, as well as the sello.

It takes a bit of courage to ask, "May I join your table?" Perhaps, "will you draw in my book" would be easier...

Hi all!

It's wonderful to be able to look at these forums after getting done my camino. It's a great way to revisit it.

I still have my pelegrino passport, and was thinking of how wonderful it would be if, along the camino, instead of just collecting stamps, you collected drawings or memories in the passport. So, with each person you walked with, you could ask them to draw something small in the passport, in place of one of the stamps. Looking back on it now, I really wish that I had done it! It would have brought back even more memories.

Buen camino!

Jeff
n

That is a great idea.... I did the camino two years ago from Leon to Santiago and I carried my wooden stick with me.

So, I asked the people that I was meeting along the way to write down their names. Some of them wrote down a little note, too.

Now I have almost all names of the people I interacted along the way on my wooden stick, right in my bedroom bringing me happy memories.

In 9 days I plan to do the camino Portugese from Porto to Santiago, so please share your thoughts on other means of memorabilia!

:)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi all!

Buen camino!

Jeff
Hi Jeff, what a wonderful idea. Definitely going to do this on my next Camino in 2017. Camino greetings

On my last walk I did a drawing or watercolour picture every day in a wee journal and also added a stamp of wherever we were staying.
I met a fellow in Negreira who had just completed the Camino Ingles. He sketched on tee-shirts. In Muxia I came upon a tee-shirt he had done in a previous year on display in a bar.
T08700-HOR.jpg T15800-HOR.jpg

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.