• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pensión Corazón Puro question please

NJoisygirl

Please enlighten me!
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino (2013)
Has anyone stayed at Pensión Corazón Puro on the Camino Francés, in Bizkarreta, Navarra? I am excited to read there is a new pensión that picks you up in Pamplona, provides bed and breakfast and then drives you to SJPdP the next morning… all for a very reasonable price! If you stayed there, is it as wonderful as it seems?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Yes, I stayed at Corazon Puro or 'Pure Heart' in early April of this year.
And yes it is definitely as good as it sounds or better.
It is an intimate experience, and is run by a really lovely couple who also do their own cooking and sit down to share the evening meal with you while also sharing stories of the local area.
Both of them have personal knowledge of the Camino, including the extra trips to Finisterre and Muxia.
Be sure to ask them to tell you 'The love story'
I can say without hesitation that it was the best and most enjoyable place I stayed during my Camino.
If I can be of further help please ask.

I stayed at Pension Corazón Puro just last week, and it really is a lovely place with fantastic pilgrim hospitality.

Two things to comment on, in the spirit of full disclosure:

Corazón Puro is more of an albergue/pension blend than a full-on pension. It's a subtle distinction, which means that while you will get a lovely shared meal( uncommon in a pension), you will also need your own sleeping bag or sleep sack, as sheets are not provided (as they are in a pension).

The other thing to note is that light sleepers may have some trouble with the beds. The mattresses are the spring-y jobs that poke you more and more as they age, and the bed frames are the super squeaky kind. One move and everyone's awake. (Maybe it was just my room!) The good news there is that each of the five rooms has just two beds.

In all, a great start to your Camino, for one night.

Enjoy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stayed at Corazon Puro in early June and enjoyed my entire stay. The couple are so friendly, warm and extremely helpful. The moment I walked in the door I was offered hot tea ( it had been raining and I was chilled) and showed my room before doing any paper work or payment. The meal was home cooked with attention to specific restrictions for one of the guests. We talked at the supper table ad shared experiences on the Camino. The place was very clean and the bathroom had a tub! I whole-heartedly recommend Corazon Puro to any peregrino who wants a place to stop on their way. The price was reasonable when I was there. 18€ included dinner and breakfast with your room of two beds. I wish there were more places like this later on my Camino.

~Bic

Thank you all so very much!
I really appreciate your informative replies!
I am hoping to get picked up from the Pamplona airport, stay overnight at Pensión Corazón Puro and then be driven to SJPdP the next morning.
This will be a WONDERFUL way to start my camino!

Thank you all so very much!
I really appreciate your informative replies!
I am hoping to get picked up from the Pamplona airport, stay overnight at Pensión Corazón Puro and then be driven to SJPdP the next morning.
This will be a WONDERFUL way to start my camino!

---This is my plan as well!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I just stayed there Tuesday night. Very nice and gracious hosts!
Biennial Camino!

May I give the very kind people at Corazon Puro a punt (English slang for a promotion)?

I am provisionally booked to stay with them next Spring.
When I first referenced them on this site at that time I gave an incorrect web address for them.
I think, but am not sure, that I have corrected my web address references in all my threads but here, just in case I haven't, is the correct address.

Bizkarreta/Navarra - Calle San Pedro 19
Tel:+34 948 392 113
E-mail:corazonpuro@corazonpuro.es
www.corazonpuro.es

Do contact them they are a delight to deal with.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.