• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pension or Hostal in Zamora?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Possibly the best albergue I have stayed in.

I was given a key (no time limits) - no other people staying whilst I was there. Stayed a couple of nights. Great kitchen. Good views.

You would be a fool to pay for a pension, or hostal in Zamora. But, there are plenty of good options from €18. When do you expect to be there?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Actually, the request is for a small group of 20-somethings who are going to be exploring that part of Spain this year in March, not walking. So they will not be in the albergue. I'm kind of their go-to person for advice, and I thought that some of the Vdlp folks might have stayed in a decent pension that would suit their budgets.

Thanks, Laurie

Laurie,

when I was in Zamora in the autumn there were some problems with the albergue having very restricted times which meant I couldn't access it. These have now been resolved, but I stayed in (I think) the Hostal la Reina just off the Plaza Major. It was cheap, basic, and run by a very caring French woman.

Andy

...but just in case you get crazy, Zamora has one of the finest and most reasonably-priced paradors in Spain, right in the center of town! Worth a look inside, even if you´re not staying there.

Reb.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
peregrina2000 said:
a decent pension that would suit their budgets.

Thanks, Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I stayed at Hostal Chiqui last fall. It is on the second floor at this address: Calle Benavente, 2
49014 Zamora.
If you google it you'll have map of the city and its location. It's very near the Plaza Mayor (two minute walk). There are two other hostales in the same building, which together could accommodate your group of twenty at a good price.
Enjoy your visit at Zamora and make sure to go down the paseo down by the river under the walls, enjoying a few tapas with the famous local wine (Denominacion TORO) on your way back .

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back