• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pension or hotel in Llanes?

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hope it's ok for me to ask for a hotel/pension recommendation for my son, who will be vacationing in northern Spain, but not walking the Camino this summer. When I walked the Norte in 2007, we stayed in the old, somewhat charming Pension La Guia, right in the middle of town. He's checked on prices there, and they are close to 100 euros, which is more than twice what we spent. Maybe we just got some good walk-in rates, I don't know, but it's not a terribly fancy place.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone who has recently walked the norte has a place to recommend in central Llanes that wouldn't break the budget of two starving grad students.

Thanks, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My in-laws stayed here for 10 days last summer. They said it was really nice and about 10-15 mins walk into town centre. Currently about EUR 65 per night for 1st July. You can usually hold a reservation through Booking.com and cancel up to 2 days before arrival with no charge (if you want to hold a room(s) while you decide or look for alternatives). Just check the cancellation policy next to the room rate before booking.

View on Google Maps and zoom out of Street View to see location in relation to LLanes.

Regards
Mig

We stayed at the Gran Paraiso in low season. Costs vary so again Booking.com is the best way to check availability and prices. They list 34 hotels in and around Llanes

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks, mig and Tia,

The prices really skyrocket in summer, not surprisingly. The nights of 12-14 July, prices for the Villa de Llanes are at $120/night, and the Paraiso almost $150 -- both very nice, though!

I don't see any pensiones listed on booking, so I'm hoping someone who has walked through on a tighter budget may have some recommendations.

Does anyone have the CSJ guide with some listings? Thanks, Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I spent 3 nights at the Hospedaje Casa del Rio, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in July 2010. I had a double bed, not ensuite, for 25 euros a night. The German couple I was with paid 40 Euros for their room. They are very basic, but were clean, full of light and breezes, it had double shutters leading on to a balcony with views of the picos. My credencial stamp does not give much details, but on google search it has the address as San Pedro 3, the pensions web link is not working. It is very central.

Mike

there is a private Albergue by the railway station-very central "La Estacion" 12 euro in Sept
tel 985 40 14 58 two clean crisp linen sheets and pillow cases-with kitchen and internet-I enjoyed my stay there
the guide lists a HSR* Venezuela, Villahomes tel 985 40 72 90 don't know how central it is
good luck
Ian

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back