• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Video People of the Camino (short video series)

Raggy

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
2017, 2018, 2019
Who are the people whose homes we pass on our way to Santiago? What lives have they led? And what do they think about us?

Here is Isabel Dominguez from Domiz near Lugo - one of ten people featured in this series of shorts:

The rest of the series should be on this channel but you need to sort through some other stuff:

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Wonderful to see this beautiful short film. Thank you so much for posting! I'll look for the others. I've always thought that the camino book I'd like to read is one about the people who live (perhaps for generations) along the way. Their lives, history of their place and how they feel about the people who walk through their communities. It's one of the reasons why I loved Rebekah Scott's book 'A Furnace Full of God', with it's honest and heartfelt stories of life in a small meseta village on the camino.

Wendy Werneth

Pilgrim
Thanks for sharing this series, @Raggy , I just came across it myself today and was about to share it here before I saw you had beaten me to it. :)

The third of the 10 interviews has now been released. It's with Carmen Mougán, who was an hospitaleira in Outeiro for many years. I wonder if anyone here knows her?

Here is the link to the full playlist, where all 10 videos will be added as they become available:

Raggy

Veteran Member
2017, 2018, 2019
Well, I'm loving this series a little less than I expected to. I think that the people interviewed and the life experiences that they are willing to share are extraordinary. Some episodes are perfectly balanced, but the format strikes me as too lightweight for weighty issues like the violent oppression of women and the raw wounds of recent bereavement.
These are absolutely topics that a documentary-maker should be exploring and I'm impressed that the makers of this series got people to speak so sincerely and openly, but they deserve a different sponsor than a board of tourism that wants to end each piece with warm platitudes and a clippety-clop melody.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Latest posts