Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

People of the Camino (short video series)

• Thread starter Deleted member 73526
  • Start date
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wonderful to see this beautiful short film. Thank you so much for posting! I'll look for the others. I've always thought that the camino book I'd like to read is one about the people who live (perhaps for generations) along the way. Their lives, history of their place and how they feel about the people who walk through their communities. It's one of the reasons why I loved Rebekah Scott's book 'A Furnace Full of God', with it's honest and heartfelt stories of life in a small meseta village on the camino.

Wendy Werneth

Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
Thanks for sharing this series, @Raggy , I just came across it myself today and was about to share it here before I saw you had beaten me to it. :)

The third of the 10 interviews has now been released. It's with Carmen Mougán, who was an hospitaleira in Outeiro for many years. I wonder if anyone here knows her?

Here is the link to the full playlist, where all 10 videos will be added as they become available:

D

Deleted member 73526

Well, I'm loving this series a little less than I expected to. I think that the people interviewed and the life experiences that they are willing to share are extraordinary. Some episodes are perfectly balanced, but the format strikes me as too lightweight for weighty issues like the violent oppression of women and the raw wounds of recent bereavement.
These are absolutely topics that a documentary-maker should be exploring and I'm impressed that the makers of this series got people to speak so sincerely and openly, but they deserve a different sponsor than a board of tourism that wants to end each piece with warm platitudes and a clippety-clop melody.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads