• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

People of the Camino (short video series)

• Thread starter Deleted member 73526
  • Start date
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wonderful to see this beautiful short film. Thank you so much for posting! I'll look for the others. I've always thought that the camino book I'd like to read is one about the people who live (perhaps for generations) along the way. Their lives, history of their place and how they feel about the people who walk through their communities. It's one of the reasons why I loved Rebekah Scott's book 'A Furnace Full of God', with it's honest and heartfelt stories of life in a small meseta village on the camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for sharing this series, @Raggy , I just came across it myself today and was about to share it here before I saw you had beaten me to it. :)

The third of the 10 interviews has now been released. It's with Carmen Mougán, who was an hospitaleira in Outeiro for many years. I wonder if anyone here knows her?

Here is the link to the full playlist, where all 10 videos will be added as they become available:

Well, I'm loving this series a little less than I expected to. I think that the people interviewed and the life experiences that they are willing to share are extraordinary. Some episodes are perfectly balanced, but the format strikes me as too lightweight for weighty issues like the violent oppression of women and the raw wounds of recent bereavement.
These are absolutely topics that a documentary-maker should be exploring and I'm impressed that the makers of this series got people to speak so sincerely and openly, but they deserve a different sponsor than a board of tourism that wants to end each piece with warm platitudes and a clippety-clop melody.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back