• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

People starting Camino Portugués in September 2018

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My friends and I (two from Canada, two from the U.S.) will be starting from Porto on September 12th. We will be at Casa Fernanda (yeah!!!) on the 15th, so hopefully might see Albertinho there.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello! I have changed my Camino from the CF, which I did in 2014, to the Portuguese route, starting September 2nd from Lisbon. I wanted to try something different and I am excited about my change! Hopefully, I am planning a stop at Casa Fernanda! I have planned 28 days from Lisbon to SdC. I am looking forward to the new adventure!

Hello! I am going to start Camino Portugues at 28th or 29th of September this year. If someone plans the same, just let me know :)

Dates and détails for those walking the Camino portugues in September 2018.[/QUO

RYAN..... John has just booked our accommodations in Lisbon for the night of Sep4. Daniele is also staying there that night. We just need Blister John to book his room. We will do a short day on the 5th. Our plan is to get to Porto by the 20th....this is still your starting day from there?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My friends and I (two from Canada, two from the U.S.) will be starting from Porto on September 12th. We will be at Casa Fernanda (yeah!!!) on the 15th, so hopefully might see Albertinho there.
My friends and I (6 of us from US) will be at Casa Fernanda on September 15th also. We are leaving Porto on the 11th and going along the coast for 2 days.

My friends and I (6 of us from US) will be at Casa Fernanda on September 15th also. We are leaving Porto on the 11th and going along the coast for 2 days.
I'll look forward to meeting you there.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm starting in Porto on the 29th September. Planning on doing the central route and have a couple of weeks to do it in.

We are starting in Sao Pedro de Rates on 10 Sept and hope to reach Santiago on the 21st (with a rest day in the middle).

Hi. I start walking from Porto on the 14th September. I wondered how long it would take to walk to Matoshinos . I am thinking about going to Mass at Catedral Se at 11.

Starting from Barcelos on 16th Sept as far as Casa Fernanda (DG) and only God knows after that. Ponte de Lima seems too close and Rubiàes too far for the following day. Any advice?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Beginning from Porto on Sept 13th...walking ( crawling ) very slowly now with an injured knee...but hope to meet some of you along the way. Casa Fernanda on 9/22... Walk with Joy!

Starting September 10th from Lisbon, gammy hips of late and a dicky knee no less, so likely to be a bit on the slow side, ill get there

Starting on 12th sept with 8 others, from scotland

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Starting in Porto on the 18th.. well, getting there 18th, start walking 19th..

Hello, I will be starting in Viana do Castelo on the 9th. My plan is to get to Santiago September 18th. I would like to stick to the Senda Litoral as much as possible, so no Casa Fernanda for me :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm Canadian / Scottish, I'll be starting from Porto on September 14. Planning to do the first 2 days on the coast then to cut across to the central route. I'm booked at Casa Fernanda on September 17. Hope to see some of you along the way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Will be starting from Porto on September 13 with my sister, a friend and her son and daughter in law. Plan to stay at Albergue de Peregrinos de Porto. Looking at starting on the Coastal and taking the river road at Caminha to Tui. Bom Caminho to all! Ultreia!

I’m in Porto now (dog sitting)!
I plan to start The Camino from Porto September 10th. Excited, but not a light traveler!! If you see me passed out somewhere, drag me to next alburgue please!
Hit me up if you start before then. I’m in a little fly by the river! We can take “Sunshine” for a walk!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Starting to walk from Porto on September 10 on Senda Litoral first couple of days then on to Santiago using coastal and/or central where it fits :)

Starting to walk from Porto on September 10 on Senda Litoral first couple of days then on to Santiago using coastal and/or central where it fits :)
You will love Porto!! Make sure you do the “hop on, hop off” bus tour around city and the boat cruise up and down the river is great too!

I’m going to do the Coastal and probably the “Espiritual” leg also, then on to Santiago. I want to do half the Spain route, but I have to go to Gran Canaria for 2 weeks in between

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Starting in Porto on the 19th alone...First Camino a mix of excitement and a bit of fear

Starting in Porto on the 19th alone...First Camino a mix of excitement and a bit of fear
What day do you get to Porto? I'm there 18th to meet up with a forum buddy and we set off on 19th.. you're more than welcome to come say hi

I'll be there from the evening of the 17th and aim to start walking on the 19th thanks very much for the invite I might take you up on it

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Seven days in September

I have seven days which have popped up free in my diary and am going to fly to Oporto on 19 Sept and start walking north.

My idea (not a fixed plan) is:

· to walk by the seaside as far as Vila do Conde
· switch to the coastal route via Barcelos/Ponte de Lima/Rubiaes as far as Tui
· BUS to Pontevedra
· to walk the Variante Espiritual and boat to Padron

Although my purpose is contemplative and spiritual & I hope to attend mass in Santiago before flying home, I am not looking for a Compostela.

Advice or comment my route would be welcome.

My regards
Peter

Last edited:
Arrived Porto on 13.sept. But TAP lost my backpack in Lisboa :(
Got it today 15.sept. Going to cathedral for stamp and start walking :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back