• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

people

emilio.pennati

Hi!

I walked two years ago from SJPP to Finisterre and what I really appreciated was meeting people. I'm planning to walk from Oviedo to Santiago next summer, alone as I was last time, but I'd like not to be the only one in the albergue. I was told, and it's also said on the Internet, that there are few people there and you can walk two or three days without meeting anybody. Is it true?

emilio (italy)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi; to answer your question, I've no idea!!!!!!! But you're brave enough to take the Camino in your heart, so there wil be no problem.

Buen Camino

Brian

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello Emilio,

It all depends on which month you decide to do it, but it is a route that is becoming more and more traveled. Here are the number of people from last summer that arrived to Santiago via the Camino Primitivo and went to the Pilgrims' Office:
June: 234
July: 502
August: 814

Stats taken from: http://www.archicompostela.org/Peregrin ... nacion.htm

Saludos and happy holidays!

Alex

Emilio,
I walked this route starting from Oviedo on 5 October last year. There was a group of 4 Belgian pilgrims whom I met in Aviles and whom I saw from time to time all the way to Santiago. Except for them I saw 2 walking pilgrims and 2 cyclists between Oviedo and Mariz, and another 4 walking pilgrims between Mariz and Arzua. After Arzua there were too many to count. Reading the notebooks in the refuges there seemed to be several people staying on most nights in September. I walked the French route last year and much preferred the isolation of the northern route.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Back