Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Percetage of pilgrims.

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
Re: Percentage of pilgrims.

Francisco J. Garcia said:
What percentage of pilgrims begin in SJPP and end in Santiago de Compostela in 32 days consecutives?Buen Camino!!
Francisco, several statistics are recorded about pilgrims by the archdiocese, and you can see a summary here:
http://www.archicompostela.org/Peregrinos/Estadisticas/estadisticas2006.htm
I can see from the list that I was one of 162 Kiwis who received a Compostela in 2008! And in 2008, 15,273 began in SJPP, out of 125141 pilgrims who received a Compostela. However, nobody ever asks how many days it took you....
Margaret

Re: Percentage of pilgrims.

KiwiNomad06 said:
Francisco J. Garcia said:
What percentage of pilgrims begin in SJPP and end in Santiago de Compostela in 32 days consecutives?Buen Camino!!
Francisco, several statistics are recorded about pilgrims by the archdiocese, and you can see a summary here:
http://www.archicompostela.org/Peregrinos/Estadisticas/estadisticas2006.htm
I can see from the list that I was one of 162 Kiwis who received a Compostela in 2008! And in 2008, 15,273 began in SJPP, out of 125141 pilgrims who received a Compostela. However, nobody ever asks how many days it took you....
Margaret

Margart,

Thank you very much..

I wll walk The camino Frances in sept for my first time, and I am searching for information..

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The Pilgrims Office in St Jean publishes stats on how many pilgrims register with them. These might be passing through pilgrims - who have started elsewhere on the chemins - and also those that are starting at St Jean.

http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/-SA ... ml?lang=fr

sillydoll said:
The Pilgrims Office in St Jean publishes stats on how many pilgrims register with them. These might be passing through pilgrims - who have started elsewhere on the chemins - and also those that are starting at St Jean.

http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/-SA ... ml?lang=fr

Silldoll,

Thank you very much..I want to start in SJPP and arrive to Santiago in 31 days, and that is the reason why I am looking information in this matter, there is a doubt if I can or can not...I will make it? I want it and I will do it.!!

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
You will do it!!
Just take it easy the first week. Don't divide 800kms into 31 days and try to average 26kms per day. Start off doing less kms and build up as you get fitter and into the groove of walking each day.
I walked from Roncesvalles to Santiago in 27 days in 2002 and although we didn't have any problems it was a bit of a slog.
Have a wonderful walk!!

sillydoll said:
You will do it!!
Just take it easy the first week. Don't divide 800kms into 31 days and try to average 26kms per day. Start off doing less kms and build up as you get fitter and into the groove of walking each day.
I walked from Roncesvalles to Santiago in 27 days in 2002 and although we didn't have any problems it was a bit of a slog.
Have a wonderful walk!!

Sillydoll,

Wonderful advice, first week is is the hard test if I will make it or not the Camino?, once I pass the first week is going to give me confidence and strenght to do it as I can imagine..

Thank you very much.

Francisco J. Garcia
Mexico.

NANINACAMINO

My husband and I will also be doing the entire camino from sjpp , starting Sept 4. Hoping to do by Oct 4, maybe we will meet. We are from Vancouver, Canada.

NANINACAMINO said:
My husband and I will also be doing the entire camino from sjpp , starting Sept 4. Hoping to do by Oct 4, maybe we will meet. We are from Vancouver, Canada.

Nanina,
I am planning to start the 3rd or the 4th of september from SJPP, because I want to arrive to SC in saturday or sunday..
See you there..
Francisco J. Garcia
Mexico.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg