• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Percetage of pilgrims.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Re: Percentage of pilgrims.

Francisco J. Garcia said:
What percentage of pilgrims begin in SJPP and end in Santiago de Compostela in 32 days consecutives?Buen Camino!!
Francisco, several statistics are recorded about pilgrims by the archdiocese, and you can see a summary here:
http://www.archicompostela.org/Peregrinos/Estadisticas/estadisticas2006.htm
I can see from the list that I was one of 162 Kiwis who received a Compostela in 2008! And in 2008, 15,273 began in SJPP, out of 125141 pilgrims who received a Compostela. However, nobody ever asks how many days it took you....
Margaret

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Re: Percentage of pilgrims.

KiwiNomad06 said:
Francisco J. Garcia said:
What percentage of pilgrims begin in SJPP and end in Santiago de Compostela in 32 days consecutives?Buen Camino!!
Francisco, several statistics are recorded about pilgrims by the archdiocese, and you can see a summary here:
http://www.archicompostela.org/Peregrinos/Estadisticas/estadisticas2006.htm
I can see from the list that I was one of 162 Kiwis who received a Compostela in 2008! And in 2008, 15,273 began in SJPP, out of 125141 pilgrims who received a Compostela. However, nobody ever asks how many days it took you....
Margaret

Margart,

Thank you very much..

I wll walk The camino Frances in sept for my first time, and I am searching for information..

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The Pilgrims Office in St Jean publishes stats on how many pilgrims register with them. These might be passing through pilgrims - who have started elsewhere on the chemins - and also those that are starting at St Jean.

http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/-SA ... ml?lang=fr

sillydoll said:
The Pilgrims Office in St Jean publishes stats on how many pilgrims register with them. These might be passing through pilgrims - who have started elsewhere on the chemins - and also those that are starting at St Jean.

http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/-SA ... ml?lang=fr

Silldoll,

Thank you very much..I want to start in SJPP and arrive to Santiago in 31 days, and that is the reason why I am looking information in this matter, there is a doubt if I can or can not...I will make it? I want it and I will do it.!!

You will do it!!
Just take it easy the first week. Don't divide 800kms into 31 days and try to average 26kms per day. Start off doing less kms and build up as you get fitter and into the groove of walking each day.
I walked from Roncesvalles to Santiago in 27 days in 2002 and although we didn't have any problems it was a bit of a slog.
Have a wonderful walk!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
sillydoll said:
You will do it!!
Just take it easy the first week. Don't divide 800kms into 31 days and try to average 26kms per day. Start off doing less kms and build up as you get fitter and into the groove of walking each day.
I walked from Roncesvalles to Santiago in 27 days in 2002 and although we didn't have any problems it was a bit of a slog.
Have a wonderful walk!!

Sillydoll,

Wonderful advice, first week is is the hard test if I will make it or not the Camino?, once I pass the first week is going to give me confidence and strenght to do it as I can imagine..

Thank you very much.

Francisco J. Garcia
Mexico.

My husband and I will also be doing the entire camino from sjpp , starting Sept 4. Hoping to do by Oct 4, maybe we will meet. We are from Vancouver, Canada.

NANINACAMINO said:
My husband and I will also be doing the entire camino from sjpp , starting Sept 4. Hoping to do by Oct 4, maybe we will meet. We are from Vancouver, Canada.

Nanina,
I am planning to start the 3rd or the 4th of september from SJPP, because I want to arrive to SC in saturday or sunday..
See you there..
Francisco J. Garcia
Mexico.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back