• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

PeregrinaLX bar in Lisbon

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Time of past OR future Camino
Some in the past; more in the future!
On the next street from where I live in Lisbon, there is a bar called PeregrinaLX (LX being a common code for Lisbon). In the last couple of weeks, that street has been part of the city's 'A Rua é Sua' ('The Street is Yours') campaign, where several streets are closed to traffic on weekends and the bars/restaurants put out tables on the street. It creates a great vibe (even in COVID times) and we've been to the Peregrina bar on the last couple of weekends. Yesterday we asked the waiter about the name and he said the owner also has a business in Madrid that is apparently unrelated to the camino but which is also called Peregrina, so she wanted to name this bar Peregrina as well. Maybe we should donate some of our camino memorabilia to camino-fy the place a bit and make it worthy of the name!

(Also I'm a bit tempted to take some chalk and write 2000 after the Peregrina!) ;)

IMG_1244 2.jpg

IMG_1241 2.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Things are pretty steady at the moment, thankfully. There was a time in early July when the daily infection numbers were back over 400/day for four straight days and there had been a general slow rise over the previous month after the country had opened up again. But since then the numbers have slowly been going down and we're at about 200 new cases per day now. Totals are about 55,000 cases and 1800 deaths.

The sangria at PeregrinaLX!

View attachment 81510
sigh - swoon - smile - I shall be ever grateful for Lisboa, Portogallo, its people... and the food and vinho of course too.
hope we shall meet again , and again ...in good health inside-out. Insh'allah - GodWilling -
Thanks so much for sharing this.
very best wishes - C

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back