• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Peregrinas, make up, toiletries...

Chacharm

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Frances (2012) Vie Del Norte (2015) Via Frances (2016) Le Puy (2017)
On my first camino I had EVERYTHING I could possibly need.
I had tinted moisturizer and blush and mascara and shampoo and conditioner and lotion and blah blah. Had to send my super heavy pack ahead.
There were other peregrinas wearing full face make up every day - hair coifed and nails done. I am flatly not going to do that on Camino.
On the other hand, I don't want to feel as though I look like hell every day either. So someone recommended this stuff and I must say - it feels great and looks fine and travels light and easy. I am definitely a fan.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=boom make up
Even if just the moisturizer.
Also, I found out that I really hate going to bed with wet hair. So I bought a little French travel hair dryer. In France I will buy some cleansing towelettes and I will take a few travel size bottles of shampoo that I will alsouse as body soap and laundry detergent and I will pick up more along the way as needed. A small deodorant and I think I am done with it. A single change of clothes and my tevas and sleeping bag and 2 extra pairs of socks for the rest.
I am so excited to do this light and easy!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am planning my first Camino for June and July. I plan on bringing a Dr. Liggett's Shampoo bar. I regularly use this bar in normal life. It doesn't have all the chemicals that some liquid shampoo's have. Furthermore, the shampoo bar can be used for body, face, and clothes. I felt that the soap was too drying for my face, so I will be bringing a little sliver of this charcoal soap I usually use for my face. In addition, I will be making a mesh bag to put my soaps in. That way I can save more of the soap and keep it from falling on the floors.
It sounds like you are on the right track on cutting your bag weight down.
Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I had one of those on my first camino. The soap turned to mush and it sort of fell apart but was useful as a loofah. This time I am taking a small travel size net scrubber thing and liquid shampoo/soap that will also be used for clothing.

I had one of those on my first camino. The soap turned to mush and it sort of fell apart but was useful as a loofah. This time I am taking a small travel size net scrubber thing and liquid shampoo/soap that will also be used for clothing.
Did it never dry? Just curious on why it fell apart. I will be making my bag today, and using it for the next two months so I can see how it works in my shower.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
No - it stayed fairly damp most of the time, I guess. And I don't remember what sort of soap it was - I bought it at The Container Store and put my own soap in it. Probably Cetaphyl.

Well it is always best to test things out before you get on the Camino, so I will do just that. Thanks for the heads up!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.