• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Peregrino meetings in the UK

Ver

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino ingles 2014, planning Portugese or Norte in 2016/7
Walked the Camino Ingles in 2014. Planning another walk. Would like to meet up with other peregrinos. Are there any groups that meet in Oxfordshire?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I live in Gloucestershire. I haven't found any meetings locally as yet.

There's a screening of 'Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago' in Oxford next Sunday, the 14th, followed by a Q&A session with Adam Wells of discoverthecamino.com. There are at least 30 people going, and I'm one of them. It will be an opportunity to meet some fellow peregrinos.

https://www.ourscreen.com/screening/40613

Maybe see you there?

I live in Gloucestershire. I haven't found any meetings locally as yet.

There's a screening of 'Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago' in Oxford next Sunday, the 14th, followed by a Q&A session with Adam Wells of discoverthecamino.com. There are at least 30 people going, and I'm one of them. It will be an opportunity to meet some fellow peregrinos.

https://www.ourscreen.com/screening/40613

Maybe see you there?

Thanks Julia. I would love to come but unfortunately I am working this Sunday. If I am able to swap I will let you know.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Walked the Camino Ingles in 2014. Planning another walk. Would like to meet up with other peregrinos. Are there any groups that meet in Oxfordshire?
Hi, Inwill be walking this year September. I am in Fairford. Would love to go to the screening, not sure if I can get off duty. It's at 6pm isn't it?

The screening is at 12 noon.

Well, Ver and Carreen, there's three of us already - we could maybe meet up sometime? Start our own group maybe!

I live in Nottingham, but on the 14th I am actually travelling to Aylesbury... so I am now quite tempted to stop "on the way" to see this screening.:)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The screening is at 12 noon.

Well, Ver and Carreen, there's three of us already - we could maybe meet up sometime? Start our own group maybe!
Good idea. Careen I checked the website. The screening is at 12 noon

A little far to travel mybe but we meet occasionally down here in Devon. You are welcome to join us any time - just watch this thread - Camigos in S Devon 2016

I live close to Brighton and it would be lovely to meet with other pilgrims. Will hopefully leave on friday to Santiago and walk The English Way (again). I've only got a week off... so I've got to make the most of it. Buen Camino :) Caesar

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi all
The CSJ office in London coordinates with some regional groups - I help to run a group in the North West. Have a look at their web site - there is a page for local groups.
Ned

We had a joint CSJ - Forum meeting in Exeter in October (2015) and JennieH of this forum has put a report in the latest 'CSJ Bulletin' -thanks Jennie.

Hi all
The CSJ office in London coordinates with some regional groups - I help to run a group in the North West. Have a look at their web site - there is a page for local groups.
Ned

Thanks Ned. I have found the events page on their website.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We had a joint CSJ - Forum meeting in Exeter in October (2015) and JennieH of this forum has put a report in the latest 'CSJ Bulletin' -thanks Jennie.
Thanks

I live close to Brighton and it would be lovely to meet with other pilgrims. Will hopefully leave on friday to Santiago and walk The English Way (again). I've only got a week off... so I've got to make the most of it. Buen Camino :) Caesar

I have only done the English way and found it quite a challenge both physically and mentally. I am planning to either do the Norte or Portugese. Need to think about it. Any thoughts? Buen Camino

A little far to travel mybe but we meet occasionally down here in Devon. You are welcome to join us any time - just watch this thread - Camigos in S Devon 2016
Hello Tia, thank you. I had come to one of your meetings before walking the Camino Ingles. I did enjoy meeting you and the others who had similar experiences. It was very encouraging. As you say coming to Devon is a long way. I would love to join if I am down south at some point. I am planning to do another Camino. Either Portugese or Norte. I saw you have done Norte. Maybe we could chat sometime.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I can't make the screening next Sunday but I'd be interested in meeting at an Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire get together if another one comes together. I'm based in North West Hampshire so only an hour or so in the car (or 15 hours walking ;)). I'm happy to help organise. Or how about a walk some time along the Thames Pilgrim Way from Radcot Bridge to The Trout at Tadpole Bridge and back (approx 8 miles).

If you are in the area, I can also recommend the Camigos meetings down in Exeter, which I have attended a few times.

Hello Tia, thank you. I had come to one of your meetings before walking the Camino Ingles. I did enjoy meeting you and the others who had similar experiences. It was very encouraging. As you say coming to Devon is a long way. I would love to join if I am down south at some point. I am planning to do another Camino. Either Portugese or Norte. I saw you have done Norte. Maybe we could chat sometime.
Yes, I remember meeting you :). Feel free to PM us , it is actually Terry (@TerryB who has walked more of the Norte than I have, but we are only to happy to answer any questions that we can.

I can't make the screening next Sunday but I'd be interested in meeting at an Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire get together if another one comes together. I'm based in North West Hampshire so only an hour or so in the car (or 15 hours walking ;)). I'm happy to help organise. Or how about a walk some time along the Thames Pilgrim Way from Radcot Bridge to The Trout at Tadpole Bridge and back (approx 8 miles).

If you are in the area, I can also recommend the Camigos meetings down in Exeter, which I have attended a few times.

Interested in organising a meeting in the area. I will probably make it to the screening. Might meet others who will be interested in meeting up. We can take it from there re a walk/meeting.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have only done the English way and found it quite a challenge both physically and mentally. I am planning to either do the Norte or Portugese. Need to think about it. Any thoughts? Buen Camino
@Ver, I found two sections of The English Way a bit of a challenge.. physically but I went through it. I've done the Portuguese two (?) years ago and its very good. One rather hard climb but the others are ok-ish. Haven't done the Norte (yet) and it looks like this will be my real challenge. Also the Primitivo. The weather for later this week all over the areas I hope to walk is... RAIN... but that can change. So wish me luck. However, walking in the rain is beautiful too. Buen Camino

Good idea. Careen I checked the website. The screening is at 12 noon
I have been able to sort work out, so will come to the screening. A friend of mine will also be joining. She is considering doing a walk later on this year.

@Ver, I found two sections of The English Way a bit of a challenge.. physically but I went through it. I've done the Portuguese two (?) years ago and its very good. One rather hard climb but the others are ok-ish. Haven't done the Norte (yet) and it looks like this will be my real challenge. Also the Primitivo. The weather for later this week all over the areas I hope to walk is... RAIN... but that can change. So wish me luck. However, walking in the rain is beautiful too. Buen Camino

Thanks. I did the Ingles in December and it rained on some days. Other days the weather was amazingly clear. Downpour on the last day. But it was good too. Rained so much I did not bother about being wet any longer. It is amazing how things change. I learnt to appreciate what I previously took for granted. Even a simple coffee. The views were beautiful in December too. Buen Camino. Let me know how it goes.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I live in Nottingham, but on the 14th I am actually travelling to Aylesbury... so I am now quite tempted to stop "on the way" to see this screening.:)
Will be going. Will you join?

Thanks. I did the Ingles in December and it rained on some days. Other days the weather was amazingly clear. Downpour on the last day. But it was good too. Rained so much I did not bother about being wet any longer. It is amazing how things change. I learnt to appreciate what I previously took for granted. Even a simple coffee. The views were beautiful in December too. Buen Camino. Let me know how it goes.
I hear you loud and clear. And that's what I love about being on the Camino. I start to appreciate the little things in life. The sight of a cafe after a long slog for example :). Or a drink of cold water when I'm tired and thirsty. Sure, will keep you posted. Buen Camino :) Caesar

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
One in Hackney Monday 22 feb at 6 pm

Will be going to the Oxford one this Sunday. I was able to sort work. Hope also to meet others and maybe plan a meeting.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So Ver, I will see you tomorrow! Is there any way I will be able to recognise you?
I'm blond-ish, 50-ish. I haven't decided what I will wear yet, though it will be black trousers!
And I will wear a silver scallop shell on a silver chain.

Hi all! For those in London there is a screening of Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago at Hackney Picturehouse on Monday 22nd February 2016 at 18:00. For this to go ahead 2 more tickets need to be sold by end of play today. Really hope this is possible as it'll be a great starting point for my journey (and I'm sure that of many others!).
https://www.ourscreen.com/screening/40615?transactionId=17673
Look forward to hopefully meeting some of you there x

So Ver, I will see you tomorrow! Is there any way I will be able to recognise you?
I'm blond-ish, 50-ish. I haven't decided what I will wear yet, though it will be black trousers!
And I will wear a silver scallop shell on a silver chain.
Hi Julia, I have short dark hair. Will be in jeans and probably wearing a brownish puffa RAB jacket with pink and blue scarf.

€46,-
apologies, I had to leave as soon as the documentary ended. I enjoyed and am glad I came. I learnt alot from just watching it. So thank you. I am sorry we were unable to meet. Will try and organise something so we can all meet.

I looked out for you, and didn't spot anyone in a brown puffy jacket. I asked a couple of women with short dark hair if they were you - one had on a blue scarf with pink spots. I'm glad to have seen the film, and enjoyed it.

Hopefully we'll manage to meet up one day, go for a nice long walk!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.