• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Peregrinos from Costa Rica

mikecr

We just completed the Camino and returned home to Costa Rica and would like to organize a lunch or dinner with other pilgrims from or living in Costa Rica and anyone planning to do the Camino.
It will be fun to meet and share experiences.
If interested please contact Mike at me_ n_cr@yahoo.com and let's arrange something.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Mike. I sent you a PM. Anne

If someone would pay my air fare I would be delighted to join you. :lol:

Hope it works out for you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I lived and taught in Costa Rica from 1993 to 1996: Heredia first and then down to Corcovado and Drake Bay. Paradise... Not a road or a car in sight: just me and my horse, endless jungle and wonderful turtle-clad beaches. I would just like to say Pura Vida to all of you. What a wonderful country. I have great memories! Have a "Cacique" on me! (Whoo...!)
Tracy Saunders

Priscillian said:
I lived and taught in Costa Rica from 1993 to 1996: Heredia first and then down to Corcovado and Drake Bay. Paradise... Not a road or a car in sight: just me and my horse, endless jungle and wonderful turtle-clad beaches. I would just like to say Pura Vida to all of you. What a wonderful country. I have great memories!
Of course Costa Rica has changed a lot since your last stay here. As much as the Camino de Santiago (Francés) has changed over the past years.
Publicity of a "best kept secret", through books, blogs, videos, films, etc. inevitably attracts more visitors and "adventure" seekers, possibly without sacrificing too many comforts.
The Camino de Santiago infrastructures still allow for experiencing the spirit of pilgrims walking towards the tomb of St. James.
Costa Rica still has beautiful remote areas for nature lovers.

As you may check at the Camino Calendar, we hope to arrive in Jaca on 17th September to start our pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela the next day. :D

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Oh I do so hope you will leave a bit of time for The Little Fox! I´d LOVE to catch up on news from Costa Rica!
Tracy
0034 686 315 328

Anybody interested in organizing a Central America meeting sometime this summer?
I will start doing the Camino Frances next week and will travel back from Europe mid June.
Anytime after that I would be in for a meet-up on a weekend :D

All the best wishes from Managua/Nicaragua
Claudia

hueppi said:
Anybody interested in organizing a Central America meeting sometime this summer?
I will start doing the Camino Frances next week and will travel back from Europe mid June.
Anytime after that I would be in for a meet-up on a weekend :D

All the best wishes from Managua/Nicaragua
Claudia
Hello Claudia. We live in Costa Rica, near Heredia. There are several Pilgrims from Costa Rica - usually on the average 30/36 per year.
When you return from your Pilgrimage, do get in touch! My husband Adraan (fraluchi on the Forum) will be leaving on11th May and will be accompanying a group of disabled Pilgrims on a very slow walk from Sarria to Santiago, but he should already be back in C..R. By 1st June. Who knows, you might just see the group. Anne

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thursday evening, 12th September, Camino de Santiago pilgrims will meet for dinner at 7:00 pm at La LLuna de Valencia, North of San Jose. Past and future pilgrims are welcome!

Mea maxima culpa!:oops: I made real booboo on the date: it's tonight, Thursday 5th September 2013 that we're meeting. Will report on who turned up. Various past and future "caminantes" confirmed their presence. :)

We were 14 past and future Caminantes, enjoying a delicious dinner with the following menu:
Pulpo a la gallega, chistorras con huevitos de codorniz, salpicón de mariscos y papas bravas; paella de carnes o una mariscada; crema catalana o peras al vino - con un orujo de hierbas; vino y sangría.
We ended the "fiesta" with cremat catalá and a QUEIMADA gallega.
All in style.
Next meeting, Thursday 31st October 2013. Same place, same time.
Welcome to new members!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As you can all see, we had a great meal with great company. One couple had done the Camino with their 18 yr old son, who was also present last night! Anne

OK folks, the upcoming meeting at La Lluna deValencia (between Barva and Santa Barbara - in the Central Valley of Costa Rica, of course) has been confirmed for Thursday 31st October 2013 at 19:00 hours (7 pm). Those who need directions can mail to me at Fraluchi@yahoo.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wish i lived closer! Hope it was great fun and you are both well after our adventures .

Hi krazeekuban. We're having nicer weather here than the cold we suffered during our last days in Santiago. Probably better than Phoenix too ?! We guessed that you enjoyed the pleasures of Santiago, apart from the Amigo efforts. That certainly was a positive experience.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I live in Costa Rica and would be interested in finding out more about the 'coast to coast'

Welcome! We're having a meeting in Sto. Domingo de Heredia on the 27th December and discuss a walk from La Suiza to the East around the 15th January. Drop your e-mail address and we'll let you know the details in due course.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I realize this is an old thread, but I will give it a try...
I live in Costa Rica and would enjoy meeting with fellow pilgrims.
Do you still get together?

[...]Do you still get together?
Yes we do occasionally. Mostly at the "La Lluna de Valencia" whose owner Vicente is a real Camino fan. This coming autumn will see one pilgrim starting from Lourdes, and Annakappa will probably walk the invierno with me early October. We live in Santo Domingo de Heredia.:)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Great! I live in San Mateo near Orotina. I would enjoy staying in touch with folks.
Thank you,
Shawna

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Greetings. I am Australian and am interested in El Camino de Costa Rica. I have friends in CR and am thinking of walking the Camino in 2022 or 2023 or whenever I can travel internationally again.
I note that there are no recent contributions to this forum so ask what might help me get up to speed about this trail. Clearly no rush.
Muchos gracias
Mike

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Greetings. I am Australian and am interested in El Camino de Costa Rica. I have friends in CR and am thinking of walking the Camino in 2022 or 2023 or whenever I can travel internationally again.
I note that there are no recent contributions to this forum so ask what might help me get up to speed about this trail. Clearly no rush.
Muchos gracias
Mike
Hi Mike,
El Camino de Costa Rica is a 280 km trek primarily composed of rural roads, some asphalted roads, footpaths and trails through forests. It has a wide variety of terrain, altitudes, and microclimates and affords an up close and personal view of many different rural subcultures.

It is divided into 16 stages and it is best done in a small group with a guide. The hike can be done in either 12, 14, 15 or 16 days depending on the strength of the hikers in the group. It’s the same route it’s just a matter of how much Territorry the group covers each day.
If you are not joining a group and doing it solo you should study the Wikiloc trace of the camino to understand the altimetry challenge. Check out this trail on Wikiloc! https://www.wikiloc.com/hiking-trai...-mar-caribe-al-pacifico-via-tsiobata-57171637 (El Camino de Costa Rica Atlantico ( Mar Caribe) al Pacifico via Tsiobata)1642859885008.png
Muchos gracias
Mike
and buy the guide book on amazon

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back