• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Perfect day

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
I just finished walking from Puente Duero to Ciguñuela on 24 May. It was wonderful singular journey, the only other pilgrim I saw was the one who shared the albergue with me in Puente Duero. I am the only pilgrim at the albergue in Ciguñuela. This is pure heaven if the only conga line you wish to see is the bah-bah type.

Attachments

• 0E014CF8-744D-4AB3-979B-DC9657542C21.jpeg
    0E014CF8-744D-4AB3-979B-DC9657542C21.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 54435FEB-173C-40C0-9130-5C0BCE495BA1.jpeg
    54435FEB-173C-40C0-9130-5C0BCE495BA1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Don, the peripatetic peregrino, it's hard to keep up with which camino you are on! I was on this camino years ago in May and agree with Annie about the poppies. And when combined with those emerald green fields, wow. Buen camino, Laurie

p.s. no one has reported on Sr. Braulio Martin in Castromonte, and I fear he may have left his bar. If you stop there (it's another 4-star albergue), please let us know.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...e-bar-owner-now-almost-100.42686/#post-437191

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Don started on the Norte, was frustrated by the weather, then took a bus to head south. He is determined to have a good Camino experience, no matter what he has to do to accomplish it.

He can be single-minded...o_O

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Enjoy the Madrid Don! I am also a bit confused as the last I read you were on the Norte.
Tom was right and the crowd was making finding a place to stay quite a challenge. I had originally planned on walking canals in Spain and France this year to avoid major climbs. I started the Canal Castille in Fromista heading south, nothing there after the first stage. I would recommend to anyone to head north from Fromista and go to Potes. My next stop was to see Oliver in Puente Duero and head north on the Camino Madrid. Alas, best laid plans failed. Oliver was no longer there but here I am on my second stage headed to Moratinos to visit Paddy and Reb.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Tom was right and the crowd was making finding a place to stay quite a challenge. I had originally planned on walking canals in Spain and France this year to avoid major climbs. I started the Canal Castille in Fromista heading south, nothing there after the first stage. I would recommend to anyone to head north from Fromista and go to Potes. My next stop was to see Oliver in Puente Duero and head north on the Camino Madrid. Alas, best laid plans failed. Oliver was no longer there but here I am on my second stage headed to Moratinos to visit Paddy and Reb.

Sounds like a good plan Don. Say hello from me.

@timr beautiful pictures. I guess I will need to walk once in the spring. Although I like arid landscapes while walking, seeing an occasional flower would be nice.

p.s. no one has reported on Sr. Braulio Martin in Castromonte, and I fear he may have left his bar. If you stop there (it's another 4-star albergue), please let us know.

Hi Laurie, when Annie, Ginette and I checked into the fabulous albergue in Castromonte on Easter Sunday (we had it all to ourselves!), we asked the hospitalero about a bar, and he said there was only one. It is on the right hand side of the road, as you walk towards the church, so not Bar Cariba. However, it’s possible Bar Cariba was closed because it was Easter Sunday. So sorry for not checking it out for you. (I had even made a note on my printed out notes . . . . :oops::oops:.)
Jill

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
By the way, we were also in Wamba on Easter Sunday, in the morning, having walked from Cigunuela. We had huge cafés con leche in the bar about 10am, and while we were at the church later, a nice young man opened it all up (about 11am) and gave us (and several others) a very comprehensive (in Spanish) guided tour, including the Ossiary. One of the highlights of the Camino de Madrid for me.
Jill

Hi, Don, the peripatetic peregrino, it's hard to keep up with which camino you are on! I was on this camino years ago in May and agree with Annie about the poppies. And when combined with those emerald green fields, wow. Buen camino, Laurie

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...e-bar-owner-now-almost-100.42686/#post-437191
I am at Castromonte tonight and it remains 4 star. I am the only one here. How I got here from Peñaflor in 7 hours is another story; one wrong turn and I was headed south to Torrelobatón, a very lovely place but quite a bit out of the way. Albergue keeper said only one eatery in town, just north on the albergue. I am hoping I can watch the Championship match between Real Madrid and Liverpool there in a few hours.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.