• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Perhaps the Nicest Albergue You Will Ever Find

lindam

Time of past OR future Camino
Fr, VDLP, Invierno, Port, Madrid, Ingles, Aragones
We have now returned home following our journey along the Camino del Norte. I wanted to share contact information for perhaps the nicest albergue you will ever find: Albergue Xabarin, Avenida de Galicia, 28, Abadin. reservas@albergueabadin.com, +34 690 18 18 11 or +34 982 50 80 25. Only 15 euros a night (including breakfast) and if you reserve in advance, you may be able to reserve their only room for 2 people (the other rooms are small dorms). A beautiful place with a welcoming and friendly host, along with a fully equipped kitchen, gets a full five star rating from me.

Also recommended is Pisos de Uso Turistico Lacer +34 981 787 534 or +34 699 372 684 in Sobrado dos Monxes. It is possible to reserve a private double room which includes use of an equipped kitchen, shared bathroom and free washing machine (with detergent) for the price of 35 euros. They also offer a private room for one for 25 euros or a double room with en suite bathroom for 45 euros.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I second the vote for Albergue Xabarin as one of the nicest albergues you'll ever find. The host Daniel was super accommodating and the place was immaculate. It's located between 2 supermercados so it's easy to make use of their kitchen.

Xabarin is spotless, indeed, a real luxury!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We have now returned home following our journey along the Camino del Norte. I wanted to share contact information for perhaps the nicest albergue you will ever find: Albergue Xabarin, Avenida de Galicia, 28, Abadin. reservas@albergueabadin.com, +34 690 18 18 11 or +34 982 50 80 25. Only 15 euros a night (including breakfast) and if you reserve in advance, you may be able to reserve their only room for 2 people (the other rooms are small dorms). A beautiful place with a welcoming and friendly host, along with a fully equipped kitchen, gets a full five star rating from me.

Also recommended is Pisos de Uso Turistico Lacer +34 981 787 534 or +34 699 372 684 in Sobrado dos Monxes. It is possible to reserve a private double room which includes use of an equipped kitchen, shared bathroom and free washing machine (with detergent) for the price of 35 euros. They also offer a private room for one for 25 euros or a double room with en suite bathroom for 45 euros.
I had exactly the same experience in Xabarin - by far the best albergue I stayed in on the Camino del Norte. I stayed there two weeks ago and was delighted with everything! A lovely welcoming spotlessly clean albergue!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I only read very good reviews of this albergue in Abadin. Without any doubt they are correct. When I walked the norte this albergue was not opened yet or I did not know about it. There is one "disadvantage" of the praise for this albergue. The private albergue "O Xistral" about 6 kilometer after Abadin will get less pilgrims. It is very good, is very quiet, with a beautifull garden with hammocks, a pool ( not really for swimming) It is in a rural setting, not a village or shops and bars. What a pity that 2 outstanding albergues are so close to another

I only read very good reviews of this albergue in Abadin. Without any doubt they are correct. When I walked the norte this albergue was not opened yet or I did not know about it. There is one "disadvantage" of the praise for this albergue. The private albergue "O Xistral" about 6 kilometer after Abadin will get less pilgrims. It is very good, is very quiet, with a beautifull garden with hammocks, a pool ( not really for swimming) It is in a rural setting, not a village or shops and bars. What a pity that 2 outstanding albergues are so close to another
That was exactly my thought Antonius. O Xistral was absolutely one of the nicest and most cared for places I have ever stayed in. But I have not stayed in Xabadín.

Looking at the gronze entries, you can see that the two are very different — Xabadín is in town, in a newly constructed building, very clean and modern. O Xistral (click on fotos y videos) 6 kms beyond, is in an old restored stone home in the country, with a large yard for relaxing outside, and communal dinner. Different strokes for different folks, but I hope that both can thrive!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.