• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Personal safety warning

ScaryB4Coffee

Put your feet up after walking. It's good for you.
Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte May/June (2016)
Frances September (2018)
This came to me from a pilgrim friend, a female walking alone right now. I'm posting this to share with others.
"I'm in Buelna tonight.
I have to warn you girls that; do NOT walk alone after Colombres to La Franca. I met 2 freaks this evening at around 6. Was walking alone, tired after 35k and a car passed by, slowed down, and a guy got off the car. At first thought he was peeing, heard there are freaks and flashers on the road. Was about to walk away. All of a sudden the guy who I thought was peeing pulled out an iron stick from the fence, checking on me. I walked back, away from them holding firmly my walking sticks. The guy opened the rear door of the car and threw the stick inside. The driver was also checking on me through the mirror. They sloooooowly drove away but I thought they might be waiting somewhere nearby for they would know where I was heading. Stopped a random car and asked a ride to the next town.
It was right after the feve station Colombres, after an over bridge. It is said that the area is not safe. Either catch a train or stay in groups!!!"

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Please report this to local authorities and give them a description of the car and men. The hospis will help you get in touch with authorities and explain if your Spanish is not good enough for such details.

I hope this doen't rattle too much.

Please, if you feel disturbed, report it to the police. It could be a personnel apretiation, a false alarm, but police forces should know. They will be concerned by that. If there are more of one report of this, before or in a future, they will be REALLY concerned about that. We dont like this kind of beavior at our country.
Buen Camino to you all, honest people.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I hope your friend is OK and that she reports the incident to the authorities as soon as possible. This must have been a very distressing experience -I hope she got good support and is able to continue her walk. It's good of you both to share this information.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.