• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Peter Robins

Chris & Winny

Time of past OR future Camino
From The Netherlands to SdC in 2019
When we were looking for information about the various routes from The Netherlands to Santiago some 5 years ago, we found the information by Peter Robbins very helpfull and comprehensive (as far as mapped routes concerned).
And then we had to shelve our plans for health reasons. as John Lennon once said: life is what is happening go you while making other plans,

Now life is looking bright again (apart from the Covid 19 pandemic and its consequences) and we are picking up our Santiage quest again and making new plans.

Much to our dissapointment, Peter Robbins' site is no longer there; he gave up the good (very good) work early 2016, and apparently it can now be found under https://pilgrimdb.github.io/.
When opening this link, it reads that it is no longer maintained and thus not up to date, it contains more or less the same info as when Peter stopped, some minor changes have been added by various people over the years.

Has this great initiative been picked up and updated lately by somebody on another website? If not this would be a pity, and a sad end to this collection of over 300 pilgrim routes, throughout Europe.

Is there anyone who can guide me to any link to a similar website ?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here's the place where Peter asked for help before: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/peter-robins-pilgrim-routes-database.38617/

Peter Robins was/is one of the lions of English-language pilgrimage route mapping, and was part of this forum from early days. For many years, he was the guy to talk with if you wanted info on a route or a map. I do not know why he gave up on his project, like many others (Piers Nicholson and his exhaustive "Picture Pages of the Camino," and the old Mundicamino, SantiagoBis and U of Rhode Island pilgrimage sites) he just vanished one day... and was so quickly forgotten.
The website above is a historica archive in itself. I wonder what will become of it, and all the rest? Will they be archived someplace, for tomorrow's scholars?

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This resource is mainly caminos in Spain, but there is an email address to the Netherlands - or check at www.santiago.nl . Maybe they can provide some further information. I assume you know about the wikiloc site.
The santiago.nl is an excellent resource and not just for routes in Spain. It is my go to place for Vezelay route info also in English. Books gps info and so on.

Dutch guides are extraordinarily detailed. In 2011 I walked the Camino Invierno with a group of guide-writers from the Dutch association (they had me along as I'd written the English guide the previous year). They asked questions and unearthed resources that had never occured to me!
Extraordinary people, the Dutch.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is there anyone who can guide me to any link to a similar website ?

Two similar websites exist. For planning Netherlands - Santiago, the Dutch confraternity site is indeed all you need, but these two sites give an overview of European routes (although both very elaborate, they are not as complete as the Peter Robins site).

I do not know if and how these two sites are connected to the Peter Robins site, but they are being maintained and kept up to date. They are, however, in German.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.