• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Phew it's hot!

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
Hi there folks.
I'm usually a 25k - 30k a day walker but this heatwave has hit me for six. I'm currently in Santa Marina (lovely albergue here by the way) and had hoped to make it to Muxia via Finisterre.
Muxia will make do for another year however.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
And finally I'm in Seville - with a heat-shimmering 40c today. I've now bumped departure out to Tuesday under the guise of seeing more of this beautiful city.... hmmm.... Who am I kidding???

Hi folks!
I have arrived back to rain-shook Dublin after my short Camino to Finisterre..and straight away, wanted to return!
I'll take the heat over the rain any day :)
So just a run down over where I stayed and how I fared. I had 5 days of walking and had hoped to walk to Fisterra and Muxia.
Day 0 - I stayed my first night in the Hospederia San Martin Pinario - smashing place - cheap and cheerful €23 for one night B&B
Day 1 - Santiago - Negreira - A tough struggle for what was one 21km..but the heat was 34c. I stopped off at Albergue Alecrin. A friendly owner, but the one room is a little cramped. Ate at the Imperial Restaurant up the road, highly recommended.
Day 2 - Negreira - Santa Marina - The people I had met on Day 1 were planning to stick with JBB and walk to Olveiroa. I needed to change tack with that heat so stopped short in Casa Pepa in Santa Marina. I loved it there, the food is great. It is family owned and is just off the Camino.
Day 3 - Santa Marina - O Logoso - Any hope of making up gains were dashed when temps increased. O Logoso is another fine albergue. Family run with 20 or so bunks in various rooms. It serves food too.
Day 4 - O Logoso - Corcubion - Another short 16km but hot day, which left me with 8km to Fisterra. Stayed in Albergue Camino de Fisterra
Day 5 - Corcubion - Fisterra - And finally, probably my shortest day of walking ever. I walked into Fisterra to watch the sun rise and had breakfast in Cabo da Villa. A great albergue and I can't recommend enough he people who own it. That night I saw an epic sunset and the following day, I travelled back to Santiago.
Sad to miss out on Muxia but I will see it again!
Now where to walk next! :)
David

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I needed to change tack with that heat so stopped short in Casa Pepa in Santa Marina. I loved it there, the food is great. It is family owned and is just off the Camino.

Hi @clearskies , always glad to see a report-back after an OP gets home, thanks!

Would just like to give another Thumbs Up to the private albergue Casa Pepa in Santa Marina. I think many pilgrims miss it because it’s slightly off the camino, but only by 50 metres or so. I stayed there by my myself, no other pilgrims, at the end of Nov (2013). The family are lovely, really welcoming and kind. Their little bar/restaurant is cosy (and warm in winter!), and they went out of their way to get up early and give me café con leche and tostada before I left in the morning. 5-star albergue!
Jill

enjoy...... And relax.....I'm here at home in Dublin and it's a miserable wet day.... Oh for a bit of Camino sunshine on my back.... Only a month or so to go.....
I'm at home in Dublin too. I did manage a measly 4kms around the Phoenix Park this morning and dodged a few raindrops.

looks like we may need to set up a post Camino support group in Dublin..... In a solarium with a treadmill

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi @clearskies , always glad to see a report-back after an OP gets home, thanks!

Would just like to give another Thumbs Up to the private albergue Casa Pepa in Santa Marina. I think many pilgrims miss it because it’s slightly off the camino, but only by 50 metres or so. I stayed there by my myself, no other pilgrims, at the end of Nov (2013). The family are lovely, really welcoming and kind. Their little bar/restaurant is cosy (and warm in winter!), and they went out of their way to get up early and give me café con leche and tostada before I left in the morning. 5-star albergue!
Jill

Their bar is always buzzing with peregrinos passing by, I don't think enough know of it. 5-star indeed.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back