A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Photo Album

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Hola!

As you may (or may not) have noticed, a new icon has appeared towards the stop of the forum. I have added a Photo Album to the forum. This means that now you can not only share your experiences on the way to Santiago with your words, but also with some photos.

My thought is that while writing a message about a particular albergue, or a particular stretch of the camino, you may want to add a photo in the album and then link to it from your post. As we all know, photos says more than a 1000 words. So I hope this can be used hand-in-hand with the forum we all know.

With each photo uploaded you can add a description and users are invited to leave comments and rate each photo. I have uploaded one photo from Santiago for now, but will now and then upload some more.

I have been thinking about adding an album for a while, but held back due to the fact that storing a lot of photos means I would need a lot of disc space.

Due to this there are some restrictions on what you can upload. They are:

- Max 10 photos per member
- Only .jpg and .png format
- Max 200kb per photo
- Maximum size, 400px width and 400px height

If this takes off, I might rent some more server space and change these limitations. While on the "cost-topic", my server cost is at the moment $11,99/month, any contributions towards helping me pay this is always welcome. Please use the donate link towards the bottom. An alternative way to help would be to visit some of the sponsors while surfing the site.

Please feel free to start using the album and let me know if you find any bugs or have any questions on using this new tool (reply to this message if appropriate).

[edited: I forgot to mention that to add some photos, click the "Photo Album" link then look for the "Your personal gallery" link. There you will find the upload picture button.]

Thanks and enjoy!

Ivar

Advertisment

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Anniesantiago Announcements 5
ivar Announcements 5
keithrevenge Announcements 8
D Announcements 15
ivar Announcements 0

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.3%
  • June