• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • Please see this announcement regarding the Corona virus and the Camino (posted March 13t). Please also check with your government for any travel restrictions. We have also opened a thread with "Special Announcements and Advisories".
  • We have a new section of the forum that is for anouncing upcoming Forum Zoom Chats. Check it for times and dates and join us if you are interested and can make it. Looking forward to seeing you there. Stay safe! Ivar
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Photo Book

2020 Camino Guides

ParrisPair

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Fraces
With time on my hands, and a cancelled Camino, I would like to spend the time documenting our completed Camino Francés in the form of a photo book so that I can look back and dream. Maybe a double page spread for each day, to include highlights and stats. Can anyone recommend a good company to use? Must be able to deliver in the UK, easy to use, accept mixture of text and photos and be of good quality. It would be nice to see samples of any books others have produced.

C clearly

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016), VDLP (2017), Mozarabe (2018), Vasco/Bayona (2019)
I use Mixbook for delivery in Canada, but don't know about the UK. One thing I wanted was complete flexibility to lay out photos and text as I wish - I didn't want to use a template. Another tip, at least with Mixbook, is to watch for the frequent 30-50% off sales, since it can be quite expensive otherwise. If this is available to you, you can send me a PM and I'll give you access to one of my photobooks.

FSP

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 13
Portuguese & Finisterre 16
Norte & Muxia 18
Olvidado&Salvador&Primitivo(20)
I do a lot of these and for the last few have used https://www.treasure-book.com/. They are based in Canada and ship everywhere. Easy to use software and good support if you need it. Best of all prices are in Cdn$ which is much less than the USD, Euro, Pound so you can save some money if buying in foreign currency. I have used Mixbook as well and they are good but in USD.

Canada Wanders

Lost, but making great time...
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015
CP 2018
In North America, I used the London Drugs, photo lab, and had a fantastic book created. We actually do a book for everyone of our adventures, and it has become a favorite thing for guests to reach for when they came for a visit (when friends could come for a visit), and has led to many great cocktail and conversations. I also took one picture of us on the CF, our passports (one front, one back to show all stamps) and our compestala and made a nice wall shadow box. Not a day goes by I don't smile and look at it.

C clearly

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016), VDLP (2017), Mozarabe (2018), Vasco/Bayona (2019)
I used the London Drugs
I used to use them, too, until they changed the program so that I had to use one of their templates. Then I couldn't customize the layout of each page. Is that still the case?

Canada Wanders

Lost, but making great time...
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015
CP 2018
I used to use them, too, until they changed the program so that I had to use one of their templates. Then I couldn't customize the layout of each page. Is that still the case?
They made a change which was a bit of an irritant, but you can still modify the background templates, so I still use them.

FSP

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 13
Portuguese & Finisterre 16
Norte & Muxia 18
Olvidado&Salvador&Primitivo(20)
I'm not sure what you mean. My prices are all shown in C$ and that is how I pay.
Hi C, that's correct you can pay on their site in any currency but their product and per page price is based on their USD price. The website just converts that amount into CDN. So far I haven't noticed any difference in quality between the two companies so I've gone with the savings I can get through TB. Spending more time now looking through the books now that we're all on lock down.

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
With time on my hands, and a cancelled Camino, I would like to spend the time documenting our completed Camino Francés in the form of a photo book so that I can look back and dream. Maybe a double page spread for each day, to include highlights and stats. Can anyone recommend a good company to use? Must be able to deliver in the UK, easy to use, accept mixture of text and photos and be of good quality. It would be nice to see samples of any books others have produced.
Shutterfly

Mike Blackard

Camino(s) past & future
CF -Sept.-Oct 2018 , CF Aug- Oct 2019
(CF or VdlP summer/fall 2020)
Here is an alternative. I used to make photo albums/books which we loved looking at. Usually on living room coffee table. But the truth is, the vast majority of the time they would sit unopened on the table. Now I put ALL of our photos on a 15 inch screen DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME. There are many brands of these, and they come in lots of sizes. Ours sits nicely on our kitchen counter, visible from all over the kitchen. Family and friends always seem to congregate around here with big smiles. It currently has a 64 GB chip in it with over 20,000 photos! It has old family pics (I used a digital camera to take pics of old paper photos & transferred to chip. The machine can be set up to cycle through the photos on a set time interval. I have mine set up to go to new picture every 5 seconds. You can have them come up randomly or in date/time order. I love seeing my camino pics from 2018 & 2019, as well as all our pics from family gatherings, trips, friends etc. The price varies a lot, depending on size. My advice is splurge and go big :)

Gerry O

Camino(s) past & future
hoping to some of the Camino in either August or October this year
I'm halfway thru a Camino photo book using Albumworks. Seems easy to use . Im putting in the days route from the guide and divided photos into nature, walking, churches, villages and other odds and ends like storks. It's a lot of fun and includes commentary which my wife wrote along the way plus some memories as they arise.

ParrisPair

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Fraces
I'm halfway thru a Camino photo book using Albumworks. Seems easy to use . Im putting in the days route from the guide and divided photos into nature, walking, churches, villages and other odds and ends like storks. It's a lot of fun and includes commentary which my wife wrote along the way plus some memories as they arise.
Exactly what I had in mind.

jl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
I use Albumworks, though I think they may be an Australian company (the OP is from the UK I think). The quality of their paper, the service they provide, and the ease of using the software makes them my choice. They are not the cheapest so I wait till they have a special before I order, and usually these specials are very good. It is very easy to download the software to use, and it doesn't matter how long it takes to complete the book - it just sits on your computer waiting for you to get back to it.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis (2012), Camino Norte (Fall 2015)
The last book I created was with Blurb and the results were great. I was told about this product by a gentleman we met on our Portuguese Camino who lives in the UK. When I went on their site and registered just to see what was available and some pricing, I was given a discount on my first book. They will continue sending you discount codes if you don’t do your book fast enough. BTW the codes seem to come before major holidays like Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, etc. for staters, use their luster-premium paper, and use book smart to design the book.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock