• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photo-walk on the Camino trails of France and Spain

grandonneur

Take a short trip along the Paris, Tours, Vezelay, Lyon, Le-Puy-en-Velay, Arles routes in France, and the Frances, Primitivo and Aragon trails in Spain. Little bits of all of them - 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2011...

Check it at http://www.longwalking.com,

or, here, at YouTube:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_z-0Jpexzo[/youtube]

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Marilyn Canada said:
I get a virus warning message when I click on this link...so be careful!

Hi Marilyn,

Which link (longwalking or youtube gave you a virus warning? I can assure you that my site is legit, and I had my web guy check it recently and he found no issues.

Can you tell me what computer/browser/virus software you're using? It really bothers me that this would happen to anyone. I'll have it checked again. However, longwalking gets hundreds of visitors and has many subscribers, and I haven't had this issue before.

Also check the following post, from a visitor who had no such issue.

I hope others will let me know if this crops up again.

Thanks, and sorry for the concern.

Steve

No virus warning here. Very nice pictures across different seasons. Thanks for sharing.

Ultreya,
Joe

Hello Steve,

I just tried again and clicked on your longwalking.com link......and got the same message..

I have a Dell..and use Internet Explorer and Kapersky 2011....I update Kapersky every 6 hours and do a full scan every night......

The two immediate pop up messages from Kapersky say ...

Threat Detected
Object infected
heur:Trojan:script.Iframer
ACCESS DENIED

So you can see why I posted my reply last night when I got that message...anything that says Trojan gets my attention......

Glad to hear that others were able to view your pictures.....but not sure what that says about the security messages that I got last night and again tonight....maybe the message I got means something to your web person...I really would like to view your pictures!!!

Marilyn

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Marilyn Canada said:
I have a Dell..and use Internet Explorer and Kapersky 2011....I update Kapersky every 6 hours and do a full scan every night......

The two immediate pop up messages from Kapersky say ...

Threat Detected
Object infected
heur:Trojan:script.Iframer
ACCESS DENIED

So you can see why I posted my reply last night when I got that message...anything that says Trojan gets my attention......

Marilyn

Thanks for the info. Check it out on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_z-0Jpexzo

Regarding the VIRUS WARNING that Marilyn and others reported when attempting to visit longwalking.com:

I've been working this problem since it was first reported, and finally found someone who was able to locate the problem. It turns out that a vulnerability in a plug-in used to run the site was exploited, and malicious code was installed in one of the site directories.

The bad code has been removed, the faulty plug-in has been removed, and everything should be clean and safe and virus-free now. Longwalking is being monitored 24/7 by a service that will automatically detect any change to any file over the entire website.

I regret any problems or concerns that anyone may have experienced because of this. This type of thing is so far removed from the spirit and joy of the Camino, that it's really a drag when we have to confront this sort of mean behavior. If you were turned away, please try another look around Longwalking, check out the video, and leave a comment about what you think.

Thanks again for your understanding, and PLEASE let me know if you find anything else.

Cheers

I guess the only virus one may get here is to want to immediately start walking again. :wink:

Thanks for the beautiful pics
Wiebke

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back