• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photographic record Bilbao to Santiago

nalod

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you Dennis.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Outstanding photos. I just came back from my daily walk and after checking your photos I feel like hitting the road again! Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you Arminius, Laurie, Sailor, Julia-t, and Denis D. Your remarks are very kind and are appreciated. Regards Dermot (Nalod)

Soooo beautiful. And I recognise places I walked by and wanted to remember with a photgraph, but alas the results were fr'ar from being the same. Iphome clearly not cutting. At least I hope it is in great part its fault. Right? @nalod , may I ask what camera and lense you had with you?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Soooo beautiful. And I recognise places I walked by and wanted to remember with a photgraph, but alas the results were fr'ar from being the same. Iphome clearly not cutting. At least I hope it is in great part its fault. Right? @nalod , may I ask what camera and lense you had with you?

Anemone, your comment reminds me of a little joke, this is not intended as a criticism of you or anyone else who asks this question, which I also ask.

I have a friend who is an excellent photographer, at least she was till Alzheimers robbed her of so many of her gifts. She was constantly asked -- what kind of camera do you use? One night at a dinner party, she got that question again. A few minutes later, as she was eating, she said to the cook -- this meal is delicious, what kind of oven do you use?

Very fuuny! But I can tell you that at the very least the dismal zooms on the Iphone are very limiting. Never mind light and deapth. But then there is the eye, and Nolad's is exceptional. Just wondering how hpheavy equipmentfordecentphotos, after 5 Caminos, I may have to consider.

Very fuuny! But I can tell you that at the very least the dismal zooms on the Iphone are very limiting. Never mind light and deapth. But then there is the eye, and Nolad's is exceptional. Just wondering how hpheavy equipmentfordecentphotos, after 5 Caminos, I may have to consider.
Hi, Anemone,
I do carry a camera, and my kids think it's wasted weight. But this year I took some pictures on my iphone to use in my blog and then also took pictures with my camera just for my picasa pictures (which I look at when times are dark and grey and icy in my little town). There is a huge difference. Everyone says the iphone camera is getting better and better, but I have to say, my little canon outperformed by a long shot. I think I'll keep carrying both. :(

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow!!! I wish I had your gift. Amazingly beautiful.

I had terrible lens problems on this trip and I had about 10 days when my lens was not working properly and had to buy a new one. I use what would be refereed to as an entry level professional camera. It is a seven year old Nikon D80 WITH KIT LENS (18-135 ZOOM) that was replaced wit a Tamron 18 - 200. The weight of the camera with lens is about 1.2 kg (plus battery charger and leads), that is heavy but I use an optec harness which keeps the weight off my neck and on to my chest. I carry on my body all day every day except in rain. When I finish a trip I put in a huge amount of time editing my work, this can take weeks. I need to upgrade my equipment when I see what some of counterparts use but for the moment will manage with what I have.

At the end of the day it just takes a lot of work, which you could not do if you did not like what you were at. Any specific advice you can email me through my caminogallery email address.
Regards Dermot

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow! Thank you Nalod for the great pictures judging for the photos I think you could take great photos with a pin camera :)

Zzotte

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just another update: my website now has been updated and each photograph now has a title here is the website link http://www.caminogallery.com/gallery/?id=38&area=9

Also I have done a major redesign of my Blog, different layout, new colour scheme, resized photographs,easier to find specific sections about different Camino routes by using inbuilt search functions, Archives,direct website links, YouTube, etc.
http://dermotdolan.blogspot.ie/2015/10/camino-del-norte-september-october-2015.html
I would recommend to use a laptop or a desktop to view my work,
Regards Dermot

Last edited:
Just another update: my website now has been updated and each photograph now has a title here is the website link http://www.caminogallery.com/gallery/?id=38&area=9

Also I have done a major redesign of my Blog, different layout, new colour scheme, resized photographs,easier to find specific sections about different Camino routes by using inbuilt search functions, Archives,direct website links, YouTube, etc.
http://dermotdolan.blogspot.ie/2015/10/camino-del-norte-september-october-2015.html
I would recommend to use a laptop or a desktop to view my work,
Regards Dermot

Nalod:

Some very good shots. Brought back some good memories.

Thank you for sharing.

Ultreya,
Joe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Great pictures Dermot. What time of year did you walk the VDLP?
Hello, I have walked the VDLP a number of times, but generally Feb, March, early April, might even go there for a few weeks in Feb this year.

If you walk this year in Feb, we might even meet! I am starting from Sevilla the 6th February. Buen Camino, SY

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well done Dermot, you have a good eye. Thanks for sharing with us.

Welcome @Enegue to the forum - stay a while and give us the benefit of your "head down and walk" experiences!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Amazing photos! We're only in the planning stages, and these photos make us wish we were already there!!!
Thank you for sharing!

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.