• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Photography project on the Camino

ameenarojee

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Sep - Oct 2016
Via de la Plata, Mar - May 2019
Hi all!

I'm sitting in a cafe in Rosales del Pan (just out of Zamora), feet damp, shoes wet and muddy from yesterday's lovely showers, but with a cuppa in hand, and I thought I should finally share.

New to the forum here but currently on my second Camino, I am following the VdlP and then taking the Sanabres way. I've been meaning to share for a while now but somehow, despite having so much time to myself now, it's getting away from me.

Aswell as doing it as a break from everything and a way to "reset", I'm also working on a new photography project (back home I am a freelance photographer) and I'm sharing field notes and photographs as I go along. I thought it might be of interest here :)

Please find the journal here: http://bit.ly/silverwayproject

I'm not sure exactly of the concept yet - it seems to be revealing itself to me the more I walk, which has been interesting and challenging as I usually approach projects with a firm concept in mind beforehand. I also had the same experience on the first Camino I did. This time, I'm thinking a lot about life cycles, the journey between life and death and also rebirth, thoughts of the finite and infinite - all reflected by the Camino in each day of walking, as well as by the Camino as a whole. I'd also love to hear from you on these topics, if you had similar thoughts or experiences?

In any case, I'm happy to share recent experiencs with walks, terrain, albergues, towns etc.

Yesterday I completed 32km from El Cubo de Vino to Zamora, my second longest day on this trail; it would have been a lovely walk if not for the rain and gusts! Though I basically rode the wind (slightly sideways) into Zamora.

Can't believe how quickly it's going now, it felt like forever to halfway and suddenly I will be heading off on the Sanabres the day after tomorrow!

Cheers all x

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Beautiful pics. - I’m in Carcoboso today and relating to all those this far.
I think we that walk the ways really appreciate nature and the many faces of people and animals.
Really lovely collection.
Annie

Great job of combining verbal and visual impressions of this Camino route in a thoughtful and sensitive manner.

Hi all!

I'm sitting in a cafe in Rosales del Pan (just out of Zamora), feet damp, shoes wet and muddy from yesterday's lovely showers, but with a cuppa in hand, and I thought I should finally share.

New to the forum here but currently on my second Camino, I am following the VdlP and then taking the Sanabres way. I've been meaning to share for a while now but somehow, despite having so much time to myself now, it's getting away from me.

Aswell as doing it as a break from everything and a way to "reset", I'm also working on a new photography project (back home I am a freelance photographer) and I'm sharing field notes and photographs as I go along. I thought it might be of interest here :)

Please find the journal here: http://bit.ly/silverwayproject

I'm not sure exactly of the concept yet - it seems to be revealing itself to me the more I walk, which has been interesting and challenging as I usually approach projects with a firm concept in mind beforehand. I also had the same experience on the first Camino I did. This time, I'm thinking a lot about life cycles, the journey between life and death and also rebirth, thoughts of the finite and infinite - all reflected by the Camino in each day of walking, as well as by the Camino as a whole. I'd also love to hear from you on these topics, if you had similar thoughts or experiences?

In any case, I'm happy to share recent experiencs with walks, terrain, albergues, towns etc.

Yesterday I completed 32km from El Cubo de Vino to Zamora, my second longest day on this trail; it would have been a lovely walk if not for the rain and gusts! Though I basically rode the wind (slightly sideways) into Zamora.

Can't believe how quickly it's going now, it felt like forever to halfway and suddenly I will be heading off on the Sanabres the day after tomorrow!

Cheers all x
Beautiful! I love your style.
I plan to take video on my Camino in October using a small DSLR; not much idea of the end product, but I expect it will present itself when I start to edit.
Thanks for showing your shots.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Beautiful pics. - I’m in Carcoboso today and relating to all those this far.
I think we that walk the ways really appreciate nature and the many faces of people and animals.
Really lovely collection.
Annie
Thank you! And yes I've been following your thread also :) I've been having the same feelings, trudging through the horrible weather but actually not feeling too bad about it! And glad to know it's not just my boots which are getting soaked instantly haha 😬

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Great job of combining verbal and visual impressions of this Camino route in a thoughtful and sensitive manner.
That's a really lovely comment to receive, thank you so much.

Beautiful! I love your style.
I plan to take video on my Camino in October using a small DSLR; not much idea of the end product, but I expect it will present itself when I start to edit.
Thanks for showing your shots.
Thank you! That sounds brill, I've not been filming on my camera (I've already had to buy new memory cards just from the pictures 😱) but have been taking some short moments on my phone. Having that exact experience at the moment, the Camino is presenting its own narrative to me which I'm really enjoying :) good luck with your Camino in October!

Update
-
I've just updated my journal with the past few days worth of entries. It's been a challenging few days with some really horrendous weather and one extremely cold night which has done me in. Cannot wait for tomorrow's 20c+ forecast. Today I'm already in Granja de Moreruela, tomorrow heading off on the Sanabres!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Beautiful website, thank you for posting! I’m leaving in a couple of days from Sevilla, and your blog is making me very excited and very nervous at the same time 😊.

Thank you for sharing your journey and lens. Your words and photographs are truly insightful. I presume it must be hard as an artist to decide which shots and how to edit them to capture your emotion or memory. Keep going.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back