• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photos from my Camino (Pamplona - Logroño)

Hi,

I noticed I've forgotten to add my album of Camino photos in this forum. I'm currently uploading some more photos to it.

These were taken late-September to October 2010 when I went on my mini-Camino. I started in Pamplona and ended the walk in Logroño.

Here's the link to the album on Flickr. Camino - an album on Flickr

Buen Camino,
Hilda

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I second that! Atlanticheart, one of your "outside Logrono" pictures shows that deep brilliant blue sky that I've never seen anywhere outside of Spain. It is an incredible color; you've captured it (and so many other things) so well on these pictures. You're obviously a much more accomplished photographer than I, and thus probably much more attune to colors and images, so I wonder if you think I'm imagining things when I say that I think the color of the bright blue sky in Spain is unique.

Laurie

Thank you so much Laurie. I was fortunate to have good weather for the duration of my walk.

About the sky; I took a picture last year at home (in Sweden) that I think comes pretty close to the colour of the sky in Spain. A very intense and gorgeous blue.

I'll let you be the judge if you think it's the same as the colour of the sky in Spain. =)

Hilda

Attachments

• flickr207.jpg
    flickr207.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,265
Hi atlanticheart,
Very beautiful camino gallery. Excellent composition, great resolution, vivid colors and outstanding detail! Your composition skills aside, these results can be achieved mostly with a DSLR!

Strictly for weight considerations, I've always opted for a P&S (+/-300gr) on my caminos rather than my Nikon D80 at 1kg. Still, every time I see great photos such as yours I feel tempted. I was wondering, which lens did you take and how did you manage to carry the weight and protect it against the elements?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you, Lillian.

I took a point and shoot on my first camino-attempt and I was quite disappointed with the results when I got back home. So, this time I opted to have my luggage transported from place to place and only carry a daypack. So, the weight didn't bother me.

I actually had the camera hanging from my shoulder the entire time. Though, I saw a guy who had a camera bag for his DSLR attached to his pack or belt, can't quite remember which. As for lens, I only have one, an 18-105mm that came with the camera.

During my walk I was lucky to have clear blue skies and hardly any wind, so there wasn't much I needed to protect it against. But, I did carry a Storm Jacket Camera cover, in case of rain. I've used it in light rain since then and it works quite well. If it had been pouring down I would have kept the camera in my bag, securely wrapped in a plastic bag.

All in all, I'm so glad I brought it with me, because I got such great photos with it. But, if I'd been carrying all my gear, it might have been too heavy.

Hilda

Very lovely pictures indeed! Nice examples of selective focus too. The Far-away Eunate really worked for me.

I've handled the camera weight by using quick-release straps and connecting them to backpack. That way there is no strain on the neck and the camera actually pulls the backpack forward.

I quite enjoyed your photos- thanks for the memories. (Your photo style is like mine: no people cluttering up a good scene! :D )

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hilda -

Beautiful, just beautiful! I have zero talent for, or understanding of photography, but the light and color and composition in your photos is stunning.

You, and the other expert photographers on the forum (you know who you are) provide me with pictures to show my family and friends "what Spain and The Camino really look like". Sadly, my little point and click photos do not come close to meeting that standard.

My thanks to you all for your artistry!

lynne

Real beautiful photos, Hilda.
You have got an eye for details and the good motiv.
Looking forward to go back there, - soon.
Thanks for sharing :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Telluridewalker said:
(Your photo style is like mine: no people cluttering up a good scene! )
My family started to wonder if I'd been completely alone when they saw the photos. But, like you, I prefer to keep people out of the photos. =)

Hilda

Thank you all!

atlanticheart said:
But, I did carry a Storm Jacket Camera cover, in case of rain.
Hilda: Thanks for the link! The jacket already arrived and ready for testing!

Juha said:
I've handled the camera weight by using quick-release straps and connecting them to backpack.
Juha: Thanks for a great suggestion,! Ordered one after researching online, so hope it works!

Still undecided which camera will take this time so am trying these three options:
Canon G9: 350 gr: good resolution but no HD video
Lumix G1: 500 gr: Micro 4/3 processor delivers DSLR quality images, no video at all
Nikon D7000: 850 gr: Excellent resolution, HD video

Will see how my back reacts to the increased weight!

Attachments

• DSC_0106S.jpg
    DSC_0106S.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,784
Here's how I set it up. I cut the strap in two and added a set of hooks to the free ends. Those are connected to rings in the backpack. Be careful to measure the straps so that you don't have to release the strap for taking pictures. In my case portrait pictures almost require that.

Attachments

• CarrySystem.jpg
    CarrySystem.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,751
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I loved your photos. I will begin my first Camino on Oct. 2, 2012 and was glad to see how beautiful the countryside looked from your camera lens. I am beyond excited.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.