• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photos From My Camino

JJinWI

Time of past OR future Camino
2018 French Way
2022 French Way
Greetings All,

I just finished my first Camino (French Way) and took more than 2,000 photos for my blog... YIKES!!!!!

Here are a few of the better photos.

NOTE: I am just a amautuer photographer, but I tried to capture some of the beauty of the Camino and hope it might inspire someone to go (and for those who have gone... maybe bring back some memories) ALSO... these are very low-rez photos (1024x683) so they are a little grainy and soft...:mad: Sorry about that... but I didn't want to kill the bandwidth on the site.

FYI... I used my Sony RX100 V for all these photos. It's a great compact camera perfect for the Camino (but a little limited on the long end of the zoom range... only 70mm. However, the recently announced Sony RX100 VI goes to 200mm and might be the best choice going forward).

Hope you enjoy them...

Cheers,

-jj

DSC03802.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03198.jpg
DSC03261.jpg
DSC03368.jpg

DSC02366.jpgDSC04352.jpg
DSC03019.jpg
DSC03932.jpgDSC03306.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Greetings All,

I just finished my first Camino (French Way) and took more than 2,000 photos for my blog... YIKES!!!!!

NOTE: I am just a amautuer photographer, but I tried to capture some of the beauty of the Camino and hope it might inspire someone to go (and for those who have gone... maybe bring back some memories) ALSO... these are very low-rez photos (1024x683) so they are a little grainy and soft...:mad: Sorry about that... but I didn't want to kill the bandwidth on the site.

FYI... I used my Sony RX100 V for all these photos. It's a great compact camera perfect for the Camino (but a little limited on the long end of the zoom range... only 70mm. However, the recently announced Sony RX100 VI goes to 200mm and might be the best choice going forward).

Hope you enjoy them...

Cheers,

-jj

View attachment 44351

View attachment 44352

View attachment 44353
View attachment 44354
View attachment 44355

View attachment 44357View attachment 44356
View attachment 44359
View attachment 44362View attachment 44361
Beautiful

JJ These are wonderful. Great flower path. Thanks! PS: You usually don't need 200mm unless shooting birds/animals at a distance.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Nice pictures and nice Blog.
Though it is hard to read (for me) because it starts at the end and goes backwards ;)
You could reset the display order ? 1 minute job.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Great photo's JJ. Thanks for sharing. Nice to see you made it too!

From someone who doesn’t take photos herself... the dramatic colours and sky shapes provoked instant recognition for me. Well captured. Thank you for sharing.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Oh my! These are beautiful photos. My pictures didn't look like this. I thank you for sharing them.

Great photo's JJ. Thanks for sharing. Nice to see you made it too!
Hey Bridget,

GREAT to hear from you. I hope your Camino was as much fun as mine!!!

I'm already missing the Camino and the great people I met (like you!)

It's a great day to be a pilgrim!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

-jj

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
From someone who doesn’t take photos herself... the dramatic colours and sky shapes provoked instant recognition for me. Well captured. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words...

I was lucky/unlucky for the first couple of weeks. There were some very dramatic skies :) but that also meant rain :mad:

-jj

Though it is hard to read (for me) because it starts at the end and goes backwards ;)

Thanks for the kind words.

"You could reset the display order ? 1 minute job." I'm using WordPress.com... any ideas (links) on how to do this???

Cheers,

-jj

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wonderful pictures bringing back so many good memories. Thank you

Great shots. Good mix. Who said the meseta was boring?

FYI... I just updated my blog and reversed the order of the days.

FYI... I had to manually change the publish date for each posting.

FYI... I just updated my blog and reversed the order of the days.

FYI... I had to manually change the publish date for each posting.
JJ, I just spent some time reviewing your entire blog, and IMHO it's one of the best. I really like the inclusion of so many great photos and the stats at the top of each post -- most helpful to those contemplating the Camino. And just enough commentary to capture what you were feeling along the various stages. Well done, amigo.

JJ, I just spent some time reviewing your entire blog, and IMHO it's one of the best. I really like the inclusion of so many great photos and the stats at the top of each post -- most helpful to those contemplating the Camino. And just enough commentary to capture what you were feeling along the various stages. Well done, amigo.
Thanks for the kind words. You hit all of my objectives...

There are a lot of great blogs out there. I wanted mine to be a little different.

Cheers,

-jj

Greetings All,

Hope you enjoy them...

Cheers,

-jj

View attachment 44351

View attachment 44352

View attachment 44353
View attachment 44354
View attachment 44355

View attachment 44359

Oh like, like, like!!! Beautiful photos, @JJinWI - these brought it all back so vividly, they brought a tear to my eye (possibly two!) Especially the first picture which seems to sum up so much of what I loved about the Camino. Could I possibly trouble you to tell me where that first photo is taken? (I have an idea but am not sure). Thank you so much for sharing these! Now where did I put my passport.....

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh like, like, like!!! Beautiful photos, @JJinWI - these brought it all back so vividly, they brought a tear to my eye (possibly two!) Especially the first picture which seems to sum up so much of what I loved about the Camino. Could I possibly trouble you to tell me where that first photo is taken? (I have an idea but am not sure). Thank you so much for sharing these! Now where did I put my passport.....

Thanks for the kind words!!!

The first pic was taken somewhere between Rabanal del Camino and Ponferrado.

ALSO... I did capture a quick video from that site... it was so amazing that I had to capture in both video & photo.

Hope this helps bring back some good memories!!!

Cheers,

-jj

My guess is that it is just past the Cruz de Ferro and somewhere very close to the Punto Alto and certainly before the steep drop down into Acebo.

Thanks for the kind words!!!

ALSO... I did capture a quick video from that site... it was so amazing that I had to capture in both video & photo.

Hope this helps bring back some good memories!!!

Cheers,

-jj

Wow, even better! How lovely, that really takes me right back. that's just where i thought it was - one of my favourite bits! And it looks just like it did when we first walked it (May 2015) - all that glorious heather and broom. Thank you @JJinWI !!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Greetings All,

Hope you enjoy them...

Cheers,

-jj

View attachment 44351

View attachment 44352

View attachment 44353
View attachment 44354
View attachment 44355

View attachment 44359
Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

JJ, your blog has provided my morning-coffee entertainment for the past couple of days. Thank You! The photos are amazing. They are the pictures I wish I would have taken. I started in SJPP exactly 7 days behind you (May 29). I intended to write a summary journal to recreate the experience in my mind, but errrr...that didn't happen. Your photos are a great camino down memory lane.

We were close in time and space. I walked into Burgos the day you left. In Burgos a friend joined me, and I didn't want to subject him to the long forced march that I enjoy; for the next three days I was one day behind you on your exact stages (Hornillos, Castrojeriz, Fromista). We bunked with Oliver in Hornillos on his first day out. He is a wonderfully lyrical conversationalist and, for a slight guy, a champion snorer.

Your miserable rain hike leaving Carrion is the day we physically crossed. My friend left that day, and I resumed my forced march---8 days from Fromista to SDC, which perhaps explains why I am light on journal and photos. I made SDC on the day of the Spain-Portugal match. I went for my Compostela at about 5pm and there was a huge queue. I returned at 7:15, after the match started, and you won't be surprised to hear that there was absolutely no line, but the volunteers appeared to be staring intently at their iphones.

Your pictures are a great proxy for my Camino (hope you are okay with that!). There are dozens of shots that took me to the exact place of the photo, the time of day, what I was thinking about, how I was feeling, with whom I was talking, etc.

I have bookmarked your blog and I will be back....

JJ, your blog has provided my morning-coffee entertainment for the past couple of days. Thank You! The photos are amazing. They are the pictures I wish I would have taken. I started in SJPP exactly 7 days behind you (May 29). I intended to write a summary journal to recreate the experience in my mind, but errrr...that didn't happen. Your photos are a great camino down memory lane.

We were close in time and space. I walked into Burgos the day you left. In Burgos a friend joined me, and I didn't want to subject him to the long forced march that I enjoy; for the next three days I was one day behind you on your exact stages (Hornillos, Castrojeriz, Fromista). We bunked with Oliver in Hornillos on his first day out. He is a wonderfully lyrical conversationalist and, for a slight guy, a champion snorer.

Your miserable rain hike leaving Carrion is the day we physically crossed. My friend left that day, and I resumed my forced march---8 days from Fromista to SDC, which perhaps explains why I am light on journal and photos. I made SDC on the day of the Spain-Portugal match. I went for my Compostela at about 5pm and there was a huge queue. I returned at 7:15, after the match started, and you won't be surprised to hear that there was absolutely no line, but the volunteers appeared to be staring intently at their iphones.

Your pictures are a great proxy for my Camino (hope you are okay with that!). There are dozens of shots that took me to the exact place of the photo, the time of day, what I was thinking about, how I was feeling, with whom I was talking, etc.

I have bookmarked your blog and I will be back....

Glad you enjoyed the blog!!! and thanks for the kind words!!!!

Oliver is a great guy... really enjoyed his company.

Cheers,

-jj

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Greetings All,

Hope you enjoy them...

Cheers,

-jj

View attachment 44351

View attachment 44352

View attachment 44353
View attachment 44354
View attachment 44355

View attachment 44359
Beautiful pictures. Thank you.

JJ, thank you. I'll check it out. Sorry, you can't walk this year. We're all stuck somehow. As for me, I'm going to check out the close neighborhood around Frankfurt/Germany. Very interesting at times and lots of new things to discover, even at home. ;)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Beautiful photos - its in the eye and the rest is what you publish. Lugging an expensive camera is not the best idea and still it doesn't take the photos by itself!!! Also in depression over a cancelled Camino, but theses photos and the many lovely vids make it "almost real".

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Beautiful photos - its in the eye and the rest is what you publish. Lugging an expensive camera is not the best idea and still it doesn't take the photos by itself!!! Also in depression over a cancelled Camino, but theses photos and the many lovely vids make it "almost real".
Thanks for the kind words...

Looking at the photos really makes both happy (to relive my first Camino) yet sad (because I had to cancel my 2nd Camino)...

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back