• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photos from O Pino.

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
Hello,

Just one week ago I was walking and arriving to Santiago, and I could take some photos from O Pino, the area destroyed to build and industrial polygon two years ago. The AGACS was fighting against, and could stop it. Now, it's necessary to ask to return this one million of squared metres to the original situation, with green forest and trees.

I hope you can see the photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... 808936ab28

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Javier - those photos are amazing! You guys did a really good job stopping that development.
Will they plant new Eucalyptus or will they plant indigenous trees?

I remember walking through that forest well.... then we had rain and fog as we walked through that 'wasteland'. It seemed very desolate, and took such a long time.
Thanks for sharing your photos Javier...you have really shown how it is.
Margaret

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm afraid the question is: Will they plant something?

FADESA bought the land at the very low prize of 6€ the squared meter. Because the decision of the major of O Pino. Now, when it's not possible to build the polygon, FADESA sells it at 93€ meter. So, crisis and deflation actually here in Spain but prizes for land increases the 1550%.

Owners use to plant eucaliptus because it grows very fast and gives them a great economic benefit in a short time, in Asturias and Galicia. But, if the Xunta has to decide about, I suppose the decision will be indigenous trees.

This is just one of ... many, many problemas around the Camino, our caminos. O Pino (CF), Zafra (VDLP), Yesa (Camino Aragones) Villaescusa de los Palositos (Ruta de la Lana), Logroño (CF), Motorway Lugo-Santiago (CF) and, recently (for just tomorrow), Triacastela, and ... many, many other problems.

Sil, I'm expecting to meet you in less than three months!!! Please tell me when you will take your plane to Europe.

Abrazos, Buen Camino

Javier.

You guys have have a HUGE job, protecting los cominos for us peregrinos.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again too Javier. We arrive in Lourdes on 5th June and start walking to Somport on 6th June.
I feel so blessed to be able to walk parts of four caminos this year! About 140km of the Arles route: 170km on the Aragones: 117km on the Camino Ingles and then ±90km on the Fistera route.
We arrive in Santiago on 26th June and I'll start walking to Fistera in the afternoon of the 27th June. I think I'll stay at Corcubion on the 30th - walk to Finisterre - and then back to Corcubion in the afternoon.
¡Qué les vaya bien!

I'm planning to go to Fisterra about the 6th or 7th July, I don't know when exactly. It depends on too many things.

¿Buen Camino? ¡¡Buenos Caminos, Sil!!

Javier.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back