• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photos of Babies and Dog wanted from Spring 2012, Camino Frances

wildroverwild

Buon Camino! We (2 sweet happy babies, crazy white dog, blonde irish mummy from Salzburg) were lucky enough to walk the Camino Frances from St Jean in April May 2012. We had a WONDERFUL time (see thread "Camino with babies and dog"). On the very last evening of our in total 3 month trip we were robbed by being gassed in our camper in Venice and the camera was stolen!!! With all the photos of the trip on it:( It would be lovely for the kids to have some pictures of them on this remarkable journey and so as we were photographed A LOT - it must have looked very funny, the enormous pink pram, pulled by the dog with the cute as a button babies :)

So, if any fellow pilgrim has the odd photo of us and would like to share it with us, we would be more than grateful. Thanks! xox

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi!!! Briefly, about tour Camino :)
First time on this forum since our trip. It all went REALLY WELL! Amazingly well, we had really very few problems, all were solvable.
One major one at near the beginning my 2 year old had been playing with my bumbag and the wallet dropped out, so stranded with no money, cards etc. I was at a bit of a loss, I must admit, as I hadnt paid for the previous nights meal yet and had to go in and try to explain that I had now lost my money! AHem. Received lots of help, even hard cash which was VERY welcome to give me some security right one the very first day, when I was considering turning around homewards - thank-you!!! It was quite an experience, living without money of 5 days,asking to be put up for nothing at the albergues, very humbling, embarrassing actually. A local spanish lady who we met whilst camping during this time in the park in Logrono, who i didnt tell we were currently destitute, actually brought us a basket full of supermarket essentials like milk for the babies, fruit etc and toys . Another Camino coincidence :)
True, ROncevalles turned us away on a freezing, snowy evening. After that we bought a tent in Pamplona so we wouldnt be dependant on such things.
Also the pilgrims themselves had very mixed attitudes regarding the babies. The percentage who were happy and approving increased as the journey went on. Also we too became more confident. At first we too didnt know if it would be possible and were quite prepared just to go home if we didnt like it.
Technically everything worked perfectly. The Croozer with fitted hand brake, our irish setter Ruby pulling us up the hills, the ergonomical fast walking with no back pack, as it all fitted in the luggage compartment of the Croozer,the fast walking due to the wheels, leaning into them, meant only short periods in the pram for the babies, the loads of kids parks, at least one on every stretch, the large church courtyards with semi tame pigeons for my babies and dog to chase (sorry bird lovers!), icecream parlours in every village, babies getting served frothy milk for every one of my coffees, the getting up always the last, so the babies didnt get trampled on underfoot, the getting into the albergues around 6-7pm every evening, late but mostly all OK.
Half way, Ruby got tired. Luckily (as it is on the Camino!!!) the Albergue we turned back to reach after deciding to give Ruby some rest, was owned by a vet!!! She had the best treatment, a nice dark room with milk to drink for 2 days, no people interactions, they said she seemed as emotionally tired as physically. As I said on another post to which I have just read very many disapproving comments, I dont ever use a lead on her, (except when sleeping near main roads). I respect the independancy of setters, and she always made sure she didnt get left behind anywhere. SHe slept outside mostly, which didnt seem to be a problem. Only at the beginning crossing the pyranees, but sure they didnt even wANt to give the babies accomodation so I didnt even ask about the dog, but later found a heated toilet block where she spent the night :)
PS wE HAD QUITE an adventurous trip home from the end of the world, in an old type 3 camper, driving back to Salzburg. Whole trip took 3 months in total. BUT on the last night before arriving home, we parked up in Venice near the fish market, and were robbed! They used gas, dog included all didnt hear a thing, the y took the wee bit of money but more importantly....... THE CAMERA with ALL the photos of the whole trip :( So if anyone has any photos of us I would be sooooo grateful to get a copy!!!!!
PINK Croozer with 2 babies and a crazy skinny elegant racing white with red patches dog and blonde irish mummy, all from Salzburg.
Thanks!!!!! Buon Camino xoxoxoxoxxoxo

There are some morals in here.
I'll stick to 'Take care of your photos' by downloading them regularly.
I'll check the photos of April/May 2012 pilgrim friends.
Regds
Gerard

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
There are some morals in here.
I'll stick to 'Take care of your photos' by downloading them regularly.
I'll check the photos of April/May 2012 pilgrim friends.
Regds
Gerard
I have to laugh at that Gerard, for sure. But thanks for the harmless moral. Thanks a lot for the photos offer! I´ll keep my fingers crossed. Niki

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back