A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Photovideo from Ruta de la Lana, Almansa - Cuenca

2020 Camino Guides

marilyn van graan

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012) VDLP (2014) Portuguese (2015)
Late autumn walk on Ruta de la Lana. We started on Levante from Valencia and turned north on Lana from Almansa. A lovely Camino! See more information here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...o-and-info-lana-from-almansa-to-cuenca.60039/
Bjørg
Thank you for sharing this beautiful video with us - I attempted to walk last September and managed first to Alpera - then from Cuenca till Siguenza where I eventually had to throw in the towel - all due to a really painful foot. I have decided to return in April and will walk from Alpera - even carry on the road from Cuenca and hopefully be able to finish in Burgos. Where did you stay in Campillo de Altobuey - asking because I believe there is only accommodation in the Sports hall and everyone says its haunted!!! As I will more than likely be on my own I don't fancy sleeping with the ghouls. Would you share your accommodation places with me if you don't mind. I am thinking of staying over inAlcala de Júcar as I see it is very beautiful. PS - I loved the music as well - buen camino XXXX

bjorgts

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos in Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003. Last: Malaga - Cordoba November 2019
My accommodation places: Through the years we have stayed in literally hundreds of albergues. We still spend the night at some albergues, but often at affordable hostals and hotels.
Alpera: Hostal El Casador. The rain was pouring down and it was good to sleep and eat in the same place. There is an albergue too, at least we slept in an albergue there in 2013.
Alatoz: Albergue. Very nice, and very friendly and helpful pilgrim friends.
We walked short stages, because my husband had problems with his knee, so the next night was...
Alcalá de Jucar: We stayed at a hostal on the outskirts of the village. Hostal D´Ernes.
Another short day to ...
Casas Ibañes: Hotel Aro´s
Villamalea: Hostal El Bodegon ...? ... I think. Had a very good Menu del Dia at Restaurante San Augustin.
Graja de Iniesta: Hostal Pepe
Campillo de Altobuey: ... is a nut. There are several Casa Rurales there, but we didn't catch them. Maybe it was too late in the fall? Would very much like not to stay in the polideportivo. We called the ayuntamiento, where they gave us the name and phone number of another employee in the municipality who might be able to help us. When we got in touch with her, she had contacted an elderly lady who occasionally rented rooms to the pilgrims. We got the room! Happy! So maybe you should try the ayuntamiento a few days in advance?
Paracuellos de la Vega: Here is a Casa Rural. The lady who has it also has a bar where we got food.
Monteagudo de las Salinas: Rincon de Sandra. The Rincon itself was rented out to a group, but Sandra arranged accommodation for us with her aunt (!)
Good luck!
Bjørg

Last edited:

marilyn van graan

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012) VDLP (2014) Portuguese (2015)
My accommodation places: Through the years we have stayed in literally hundreds of albergues. We still spend the night at some albergues, but often at affordable hostals and hotels.
Alpera: Hostal El Casador. The rain was pouring down and it was good to sleep and eat in the same place. There is an albergue too, at least we slept in an albergue there in 2013.
Alatoz: Albergue. Very nice, and very friendly and helpful pilgrim friends.
We walked short stages, because my husband had problems with his knee, so the next night was...
Alcalá de Jucar: We stayed at a hostal on the outskirts of the village. Hostal D´Ernes.
Another short day to ...
Casas Ibañes: Hotel Aro´s
Villamalea: Hostal El Bodegon ...? ... I think. Had a very good Menu del Dia at Restaurante San Augustin.
Graja de Iniesta: Hostal Pepe
Campillo de Altobuey: ... is a nut. There are several Casa Rurales there, but we didn't catch them. Maybe it was too late in the fall? Would very much like not to stay in the polideportivo. We called the auuntamiento, where they gave us the name and phone number of another employee in the municipality who might be able to help us. When we got in touch with her, she had contacted an elderly lady who occasionally rented rooms to the pilgrims. We got the room! Happy! So maybe you should try the ayuntamiento a few days in advance?
Paracuellos de la Vega: Here is a Casa Rural. The lady who has it also has a bar where we got food.
Monteagudo de las Salinas: Rincon de Sandra. The Rincon itself was rented out to a group, but Sandra arranged accommodation for us with her aunt (!)
Good luck!
Bjørg
Many thanks Bjørg - - really appreciate your help - I may get lucky and find another pilgrim on the way but not holding out too much hope. Safe travels and many more wonderful caminos - XXX

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Sara_Dhooma Camino de la Lana blogs/photo albums 34
freescot Camino de la Lana blogs/photo albums 4

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 93 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock