• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Picos de Europa weather?

Sharni

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: April/May 2011
Camino Norte/Vadiniense/Frances: April/May 2013
Camino Frances: April/May 2016
Hi there, i have been following the weather talk about the Pyrenees at the moment and was wondering if anyone has an idea on the current conditions on the Vadiniense route?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Sharni,
I hope you will get some first hand information, but a good source for weather forecasts is eltiempo.es Though they don't have a listing for Fuente De, you can check for Potes and Espinama (about 4 kms before Fuente De). Then on the other side of the Picos pass, you can check Portilla de la Reina. All of these places show pretty cold (high 4-8, lows go to 0, -3, -6, all centigrade). Looks like some snow is in the forecast for Thurs, Fri, Sat.

If my memory serves, you still have a month till departure, no? By then, maybe spring will have sprung! Laurie

Thanks Laurie, yes we still have a little while to go. I will check out that site, do you think we will be walking through snow? I'm not sure of the elevations etc. we have ordered the guide from the Association but we haven't received it yet.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Sharni,
The weather that falcon linked to is at Riano, which is a day and a half's walk beyond the Picos crossing (stage is Portilla de la Reina to Riano). And even it is showing snow predictions for the end of the week. So that seems to suggest that the snow level is still quite low. I remember that last year the Salvador was full of snow in early May, and I don't think it was that unusual.
Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody! What do you think about my plan to the next summer, in 26 days? Is it a good plan? Camino Vadiniense: San Vicente de la Barquera - Cades Cades - Cicera Cicera - Potes Potes -...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back