Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Picture Fun Quest for the Primitivo

Michael Caleigh

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo September 2016
After reading the other Picture Fun Quest thread I thought that we need one for the Primitivo as this is the only one I know well.

So let´s start and the rules are the same. So where this lovely bar.....?

14595687_1290662780964957_3907867879972735903_n.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
La Espina?
You know, now they will think we are all drunkards who stagger over mountains taking pictures of bear tracks:)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm ignoring @Rick of Rick and Peg's post and expanding on mine...I don't recall watches, and I'm not positive about the name of the town but I think it was La Espina...there was a bar in the front and a place to eat in the back...it was near Cornellana but now I'm not sure, maybe Bodenaya...it was just a few km past one of those two places (I spent the night in those two )

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You are right! Must have been to easy!!!!
While we are waiting for @Rick of Rick and Peg may I ask...his link said El Acebo...I have two memories of El Acebo...one is crossing the borderline into Galicia, and the other is a HUGE dog chasing me near a closed bar...is that the one in your picture?

Attachments

• Cujo's house El Acebo.JPG
    Cujo's house El Acebo.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • Now in the land of my people.JPG
    Now in the land of my people.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I admit to being hyperactive...and I don't want this thread to die, so here is another spot on the Primitivo (sorry, @Michael Caleigh , I couldn't wait)

where is this arrow?

Attachments

• where is this arrow.jpg
    where is this arrow.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • maybe this will help.jpg
    maybe this will help.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 39
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
now you are both being silly:)
ok make me get all school teacher about it
please name either the village, or the chapel (your choice)o_O

more clues...still in Asturias (don't let the slate fool you:)), and to make you go even more crazy Michael, it is just after you have climbed over a hill with some wind turbines and make a 150 fairly steep descent...but there's more descent ahead of you

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
here's the inside if it helps

Attachments

• IMG_3008.jpg
    IMG_3008.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
ok, i admit i had to look up the name of the town so I will grant the win to Michael...
this is the Chapel of Santa Marina, in Buspol, between La Mesa and Grandes de Salime.
tag, you're it

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Your turn!
um, should we have a secret knock or something?
somewhere post a picture of a bed bug

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
obviously we both suffered from the high altitudes (or perhaps wine)...this is the marker, and from my photos it is somewhere near merlan (so not as seixas yet...I think??)

Attachments

• camino 2 3763.JPG
    camino 2 3763.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
an easy one, I will be away but Rick can always find what it is pretty easily...actually, this is in google image (spoiler alert)
where is this window

Attachments

• where is this window.JPG
    where is this window.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 15
just kidding, here is the entire picture,
please name the church and its location

be back in an hour, start a new one without me:)

Attachments

• what is this church.JPG
    what is this church.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Is that the boring church you have to cross the road to see and then wonder why it's in the guide book? Along a comercial road of also little interest.
I think this was said in the true spirit of the Camino That Shall Not Be Named...
I recognize the sharing spirit of Michael and Rick and give the win to Anemone

in an aside note, it is always nice to see Europe waking up by their 'likes" and posts...other wise all I have to read out here in California is Australian posts about how big their feet are....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
and the winner of the last one is Annemone del Camino.....Now we wait for the next photo

almost midnight where people that matter live....:)
I will see what you all have to puzzle me with in the morning (where morning holds meaning for me, i.e. west coast of the US)...not some crazy date line who knows what day it is kind of morning you all have.o_O
out here in civilization it is almost midnight:eek:

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
we need more players...Maybe I should turn off the cloaking deviceo_O
How can there be more players?! How many of us know how to use Google Earth and Street View and whatever else is being used. :eek: And what on earth is a 'cloaking device'? A poncho? :D

I've just put an ad on craigslist to sell a tv. Someone responded and asked if the tv had 'Air.' I've heard of Cloud, but what is Air??

@Rick of Rick and Peg is the only computer wizard on this thread...because he's a virtual Primitivo walker. The rest of us are going off our foggy memories. the cloaking device means I'm a trekkie, as in Romulan cloaking device (to keep the Primitivo secret). If the last question is serious, I think it is one of the ways to stream content to one's tv...but I don't watch enough to tell you for sure.

ok then here another one...easier this time for the ones with an even more clouded memory.
14595587_1290664597631442_5790406859385689871_n.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Which charming albergue is this? I've included the charming room, the charming yard decor, and the gate (which they don't unlock early enough, causing you to climb over the charming wall).

Attachments

• charming room.JPG
    charming room.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • charming yard decor.JPG
    charming yard decor.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • Charming wall you will need to climb.JPG
    Charming wall you will need to climb.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
So it's midnight again in my part of the world...if anyone guesses congratulate each other and post a new pic...I won't be upset. promise:)

I've just put an ad on craigslist to sell a tv. Someone responded and asked if the tv had 'Air.' I've heard of Cloud, but what is Air??
I think they mean broadcast TV, the old fashioned kind where an antenna receives the signal over the air.

and the gate (which they don't unlock early enough, causing you to climb over the charming wall).
I'll love to see a charming video of you climbing this charming wall.

the charming yard decor,
Let's see now .. what point on the earth is 19440 km from Sydney, 490 km from Madrid and 150 km from Leon?

I passed by this charming place and didn't stay there!
it was actually very nice. clean, warm, nice hospitalera. of course you get all excited about staying because the sign in on a metal fence around this oasis like building, to discover that is the neighbor's place. You're staying at the crumbling building (big surprise)...but on the Primitivo how can you not stay at an XI cent. monastery that has some legend surrounding a prince eaten by a bear? I will concede the win to Michael for being too modest to name this place...he can either post a new picture or wait to see if anyone else wants to play

edit: ok, there was a soft and cuddly alternate story I heard about the bear over the gate, but this is the primitivo so I'm sticking with the bloody one

Attachments

• not where you are staying.JPG
    not where you are staying.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • your bed for the night.JPG
    your bed for the night.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • this should give it away.JPG
    this should give it away.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I'll love to see a charming video of you climbing this charming wall.
technically it was an iron fence. you can see it here around the panderia that was also not open next door...when it got to the monastery it became just iron, no stone, closing off the driveway. The following night I ran into a couple of biciginos who had also stayed that night in the monastery and found themselves locked in that morning. They had watched in envy as I checked for other exits, shook my head, tossed my pack over the fence, and jumped up to grab the top of the gate and pull myself over. They were unwilling to toss their bikes over.

I had quite a few stays in convents and monasteries under my belt at this point from the Norte and earlier Primitivo...I was used to climbing fences.

Attachments

• closed when I climbed the fence.JPG
    closed when I climbed the fence.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
I changed twice and stayed in Ferreira instead of San Romao de Retorta and in Pedrouzo

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
now I know which albergues you might not know:)
I wanted to stay in Bodeneya, Cornellana, and see Santa Eulalia, so I was mid cycle about half the time, usually by adding a bit to the step. My longest legs were Fonsagrada to Lugo, and San Ramon to Arzua, the rest were more normal Primitivo lengths just often staggered a bit.

After reading the other Picture Fun Quest thread I thought that we need one for the Primitivo as this is the only one I know well.

So let´s start and the rules are the same. So where this lovely bar.....?

14595687_1290662780964957_3907867879972735903_n.jpg
The bar in El Acebo and now there is an Australian $5 note stuck up behind the bar. I would post a photo if I knew how.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Correct! In Llampaxuga, it's the first place you can get a sello after leaving Oviedo. Your turn:)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
now I'm just going to start WAGs naming mountains we were supposed to look for as a road reference:)...
Monte Zarro?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
hint: QUOTE]
just what did you eat for breakfast? Now is the time I wish I still had my guide, though I doubt it said "look for a hollow tree filled with spiders..."
my Norte guide otoh, often said things like that, which is why I was so often 'misplaced temporarily' on the norte

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
all I remember of Salas are the castle, and one of the most wonderful breakfasts I ever ate, in a hotel there that would be where I stay if I do this again...maybe. I did like bodenaya

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
because I'm so impressed with how quickly you named Castro Urdiales on the other photo I will give this clue here then head to bed...so you will need to wait six hours for me to confirm any guesses...the saint for whom the chapel is named is one of the three on the altar in the picture:)
if no right guesses by daylight in California I will put up the outside picture...you will get it for sure then

Is that the boring church you have to cross the road to see and then wonder why it's in the guide book? Along a comercial road of also little interest.

The church of San Miguel de Liño on Monte Naranco. Surely not "boring"? It has survived for 1168 years and is full of interesting carvings.

Try this one . . . . .
?.JPG
Blessings
Tio Tel

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
note the camino marker on the outside of the building...everyone walked past this chapel.....

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back