Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Picture Fun Quest for the Primitivo

Looks like limestone country, Asturian design horreos. The tractor is a Fiat. I would guess somewhere near Grado. Tio Tel

Oh - and the cow is a holstein / friesian :)

Tio Tel

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Looks like limestone country, Asturian design horreos. The tractor is a Fiat. I would guess somewhere near Grado.

Tio Tel
walking with you and Tia would be amazing...
and with Michael as well, and all the others who have posted here...we each see so many different things, and know such different bits...
I have to go back, that's all there is to it...

It's good for this thread because it has something positively "camino" about it.....in it.....look carefully (although you all probably did NOT stay there!)
Attached three clues - two are earlier in the day, probably just a few km away (although even more generic than the quiz-pic), the third is a close-up of something in the original picture
If these don't help, my picture of the next morning will give it all away.

Attachments

• IMG_1660.JPG
    IMG_1660.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1661.JPG
    IMG_1661.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It's good for this thread because it has something positively "camino" about it.....in it.....look carefully (although you all probably did NOT stay there!)
Attached three clues - two are earlier in the day, probably just a few km away (although even more generic than the quiz-pic), the third is a close-up of something in the original pictureI admi
If these don't help, my picture of the next morning will give it all away.
I admit to being confused...but maybe that is just post-election exhaustion...
are these three clues to where the original picture is?:confused:

The third picture is a closeup of one of the buildings in the original. If you stayed there (hint: it just might be an albergue), you're likely to recognise it. This is the back view - the door is round the other side, but you will have looked at it from this point. The other two pictures are nearby-ish. The fence one might prompt someone's memory. The other one is so generic it is of absolutely no help whatsoever!

The third picture is a closeup of one of the buildings in the original. If you stayed there (hint: it just might be an albergue), you're likely to recognise it. This is the back view - the door is round the other side, but you will have looked at it from this point. The other two pictures are nearby-ish. The fence one might prompt someone's memory. The other one is so generic it is of absolutely no help whatsoever!
thanks... it does look like an albergue I saw ...back to my photos

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
BORRES? Hidden in the mist when I went through (both times!)
Tio Tel

Stayed at Herminia's (Campiello) both times. The photos are just after leaving Campiello - we had never seen a "mist-bow" before :). Impossible to get in one pic unless you had a wide angle lense!

DSCF2278.JPGDSCF2279.JPG

Tio Tel

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Easy if you know! But I'll hazard a guess - Tineo? Just by this plaque?
Either that, or somewhere that we weren't looking and went the wrong way!

Attachments

• IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Easy if you know! But I'll hazard a guess - Tineo? Just by this plaque?
Either that, or somewhere that we weren't looking and went the wrong way!

That's the one! The wall plaques were my follow up clue if no one knew!

DSCF2253.JPG
Tio Tel

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll post another but you'll have to wait an hour for my son who sleeps in the study to wake up! I need to get pictures off the computer. I'm thinking I'll go with a super easy but adventurous trilogy! Unless you want a building.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Waiting for confirmation and looking forward to the next photo.....
Special Remembrance Service tomorrow am so around after lunch UK time
:)

Waiting for confirmation and looking forward to the next photo.....
Special Remembrance Service tomorrow am so around after lunch UK time
:)
I have a photo ready if I'm right.....

A selection of Camino Jewellery
OK, back to obscure chapels...
where is this door?where is this door.JPG

two other views...

Attachments

• camino 2 3652.JPG
    camino 2 3652.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • camino 2 3656.JPG
    camino 2 3656.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I might be back in the game with this one! Bacurin? Just before San Roman de Retorta.

Tio Tel
sorry to be so late...late night last night...The win does indeed go back to Tio Tel:)
this is the iglesia de San Miguel in Bacurin...

sorry to be so late...late night last night...The win does indeed go back to Tio Tel:)
this is the iglesia de San Miguel in Bacurin...

There are a number of so called "Fuente de Santiago" on various caminos. This one is on the "Camino that shall not be named". :) any idea where?
Fuente.JPG

Tio Tel

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are a number of so called "Fuente de Santiago" on various caminos. This one is on the "Camino that shall not be named". :) any idea where?
View attachment 30345

Tio Tel
I think I found it...now to remember where I was....I do remember looking for this...

Attachments

• looked everywhere.JPG
    looked everywhere.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
between Cornellana and Salas...in (maybe) Quintana?
It is at Quintana :) - shortly followed by this memorable, very muddy track to Casazorrina

DSCF0226.JPG

Back to the U.S. of A.
Tio Tel

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
One good fuente deserves another...does anyone remember this chapel's location (it's between two towns, so the name of either, or the name of the chapel, will each qualify for the win:)fuente.JPG chapel.JPG

Hermita de la Virgen del Carmen at Monte Valina near Villabade; just before Castroverde.
If we are right we remember the picnic area there :)

Hermita de la Virgen del Carmen at Monte Valina near Villabade; just before Castroverde.
If we are right we remember the picnic area there :)
wasn't it pretty? the win again across the pond to Tia Valeria...
and I am off to weed my garden for a bit

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A lovely place to sit and have a break.
Next photo:-
Another church doorway. Can you name the church or the village?

(It might be tomorrow before we check for answers :))

Attachments

• church door.jpg
    church door.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
A lovely place to sit and have a break.
Next photo:-
Another church doorway. Can you name the church or the village?

(It might be tomorrow before we check for answers :))
La iglesia de San Martin in Ferreira?

Yes @Smallest_Sparrow it is. Such a beautifully carved doorway. So pleased that we did take the time to walk around the outside of this little church.

since my photo may not be immediately identifiable on its own, were going on a short memory jogging walk...it's also more fair to those who are more fascinated by nature than old churches;)

We start with a prayer at this sanctuary… “shining beacon to guide us, guardian angel to save us and firm staff to sustain us”
sanctuary exterior.JPG santuary interior.JPG
After a while we walk over a bridge

[i can't upload the photo, sorry...it's a wood footbridge]

Past this old building

past this old building.JPG
And can rest if we want at this church (although a bar is not too far ahead)…
nice place to rest.JPG
what or where is this chapel.JPG

Name the town at which we have arrived (bonus for knowing the name of the church)...if no one recognizes the church, I'll post a picture of the bar in the town later...

since my photo may not be immediately identifiable on its own, were going on a short memory jogging walk...it's also more fair to those who are more fascinated by nature than old churches;)

We start with a prayer at this sanctuary… “shining beacon to guide us, guardian angel to save us and firm staff to sustain us”
View attachment 30367 View attachment 30368
After a while we walk over a bridge

[i can't upload the photo, sorry...it's a wood footbridge]

You didn't walk over THIS one did you ????:eek:
DSCF0229.JPG

Tio Tel

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
still no guesses? ok...does the bar help you remember the town?what town is this.JPG

It may just be the three of us playing, and I'm going to be off line for a while...so I pass the game back to England :)

I think the church would be the "Santuario de la Virgin de Fresno" , which means the village and bar would be La Doriga, just before Cornellana.

I already commented on "limestone country", this one is "granite country" - similar to Dartmoor, U.K. Any idea anyone?

DSCF0511.JPG

Tio Tel

I think the church would be the "Santuario de la Virgin de Fresno" , which means the village and bar would be La Doriga, just before Cornellana.

I already commented on "limestone country", this one is "granite country" - similar to Dartmoor, U.K. Any idea anyone?

View attachment 30389

Tio Tel

I think it is Alto de la Marta in Hospitales. If it's correct then the mount behind is pic Panchón 1410 mts

@TerryB says 'Which Hospitales do you mean please?' as there are several we know. Nearest village??

€60,-
Clearly I recognise the church - name of village escapes me and too much to do today to get out the journal and check! Between San Juan de Villa-something-or-other and Bodenaya.

Attachments

• IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Clearly I recognise the church - name of village escapes me and too much to do today to get out the journal and check! Between San Juan de Villa-something-or-other and Bodenaya.
It is the church near Cornellana (see TerryB's post #346) .
Current 'game' is the track and granite outcrop in the same post. Note while @Pelegrin says Hospitales the question is - near which one (Hospital de .....?) - or nearest village??
Both off-line now until tomorrow morning. :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Oops I mucked that up! Sorry.
So are we in the same spot here? After San Roman but before Melide. Clearly much less definitively expressed than Pelegrin above.

Attachments

• Camino 2014 2014-06-23 019.JPG
    Camino 2014 2014-06-23 019.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Oops I mucked that up! Sorry.
So are we in the same spot here? After San Roman but before Melide. Clearly much less definitively expressed than Pelegrin above.

That's the one :). "Penedo do Hospital" at Casacamiños. The next village is Hospital (das Seixas) which is why we asked for clarification from Pelegrin! - Still 15 kilometers to go to Melide - it seemed a long way, mostly on pavamiento.

Tio Tel

That's the one :). "Penedo do Hospital" at Casacamiños. The next village is Hospital (das Seixas) which is why we asked for clarification from Pelegrin! - Still 15 kilometers to go to Melide - it seemed a long way, mostly on pavamiento.

Tio Tel

When I did my Primitivo in 2013 I didn´t complete it because I had to come back to Madrid when I was in San Román da Retorta because my father was taken to hospital ( O Candido's owner took me to Lugo for free). So I don´t know yet San Román -Melide (maybe next year).
Your photo reminded me as I said the Alto de la Marta in Hospitales variant, near of what the ruins of Hospital de Peregrinos A Freita exist.
I have had a funny confusion.:confused:
Then, the mount behind Penedo do Hospital must be pic Pilar (806 mts) that is the highest point of Coruña province. It has the particularity that is the highest point with lowest altitude of the 50 provinces of Spain. The highest one is Mount Teide (3718 mts) in Santa Cruz de Tenerife province.

When I did my Primitivo in 2013 I didn´t complete it because I had to come back to Madrid when I was in San Román da Retorta because my father was taken to hospital ( O Candido's owner took me to Lugo for free). So I don´t know yet San Román -Melide (maybe next year).
Your photo reminded me as I said the Alto de la Marta in Hospitales variant, near of what the ruins of Hospital de Peregrinos A Freita exist.
I have had a funny confusion.:confused:
Then, the mount behind Penedo do Hospital must be pic Pilar (806 mts) that is the highest point of Coruña province. It has the particularity that is the highest point with lowest altitude of the 50 provinces of Spain. The highest one is Mount Teide (3718 mts) in Santa Cruz de Tenerife province.

The track goes between Merlan and Hospital and then on to Vilouriz. Crossing into the Province of Coruña over the Serra do Careon just north of the peak of Careon (802 mts)

Tio Tel

Oh how I missed this thread. Busy week and I am back and hey I stayed in the albergue in Borres....lol...those flies and the animals that came at night and emptied the garbage bags...such fun

Oh how I missed this thread. Busy week and I am back and hey I stayed in the albergue in Borres....lol...those flies and the animals that came at night and emptied the garbage bags...such fun
I think we are waiting for @Kiwi-family to post a photo - unless you as OP want to give us a fresh start.......:)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back