• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Picture Fun Quest!

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
The rules are simple:

A Camino photo is posted.
The one who knows/posts where the photo was taken, post the next photo (or issues a wild card).
And so on.

If people have problems to solve the picture puzzle, hints may be given regarding Camino/time of year/etc.

Wanna play? I start! Where were these kids having a lot of fun on a Saturday evening? SY

IMG_6631.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think there is writing on the roof...
this is clearly not in the US, as none of the children are wearing helmets:)
if no one guesses right in 24 hours will we get a clue?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sorry, yes, it is on the Francés ;-) Oops - gave a hint away ;-) SY

I think there is writing on the roof...
this is clearly not in the US, as none of the children are wearing helmets:)
if no one guesses right in 24 hours will we get a clue?

No writing on walls or roofs ;-)
Not in the US (I skip emphatically the potential security/helmet/suing debate).
You got a cue (see post above far earlier, just to get the kid, oops ball, rolling but for further postings, yes, 24h seems like a good cut-off/clue point).

BC SY

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
hmmm, where did she post the albergues she used on the Frances....o_O
be right back, got to spend a few minutes on Google Earth:)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Have fun! Additional clue - it was taken in a place/town that is a classical Brierley stage ;-) SY

OK - Just to keep the momentum going:

The photo was taken on the Camino Frances.
The photo was taken in a town that is a typical 'Brierley Stage' and
Added bonus tip - The photo was taken very close to a location that featured in the movie "The Way".

BC SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I tried a better cheat first but it didn't pan out. Maybe it will work with one of the other photos.

Looking at your forum profile info you have certainly passed through that city (next hint - city - a town that has a cathedral ;-) BC SY

I Think its near El Caballo Blanco Pamplona.

anonymously? where did Tom get arrested? argghh, OK, I have to go....someone guess this!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Pamplona? (OK guys, the trick is to bracket it and work inward:)

Pamplona is RIGHT! but @Pingüigrino found the exact location ;-)

I Think its near El Caballo Blanco Pamplona.

It is indeed the view you have from the Mirador/Meson Caballo Blanco towards the town walls of Pamplona. The place where Joost and Tom had the pintxos/tapas discussion in the movie The Way. You are next to post a Picture Quest photo @Pingüigrino !

Sorry, but I don´t know how to post any pic. :oops::(
But you will be rewarded with a big hurray if know were my avatar´s pic have been taken. Dificuolt but...

OK it is the Camino de Baztan near Amaiur

Last edited:
Sorry, but I don´t know how to post any pic. :oops::(
But you will be rewarded with a big hurray if know were my avatar´s pic have been taken. Dificuolt but...

Very easy:

Click on the text field at the end of the thread.
Click on upload a media below said text field.
Navigate to the photo you want to upload on your computer and click upload.

If you want to try it out first use this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sand-box-try-out-the-forum-software.43178/

BC SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
OK, we can do this...he's only listed 8 or 9 different Caminos, and, well, most of them are not common, but think....:confused:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
OK. here it comes. A easier one.

This one

It was taken outside de Church of........
The trick is to recognice this image of the crucifixion whithout cross...

Attachments

• IMG_3076.JPG
    IMG_3076.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Puente de Reina?

fine. :)stomping off to go find a really hard picture just in case I ever guess one of these...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Rick I think this is the same location as SY's opening shot. Where you come up the stairs into Pamplona from the North-East. Cheers

Rick I think this is the same location as SY's opening shot. Where you come up the stairs into Pamplona from the North-East. Cheers
Yes. And some apologies are in order. While it didn't take too long to find a matching Google Street View picture it did take too long to do all the stuff needed before sending it. Then when I did send it I missed seeing all the rest of the posts that were sent in the meantime. I was hoping that it would have appeared close after @SYates told us where her picture was from.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
dang....maybe pick something visible outdoors on the Frances....
that's too difficult
Gotta disagree - as soon as I saw the picture I knew exactly where it was and thought I might get to have a turn;-) Too slow rather than too hard for me.

Mark Lee - so sorry! Feel your pain. Maybe you should take a hike to Tosantos and you'll be all ready to play;-)
Or here, try this one.....it's outside AND on the Frances (first day of our first camino)
Spain Sept 8 Sta Catalina (5) - Copy.JPG

Mark Lee - so sorry! Feel your pain. Maybe you should take a hike to Tosantos and you'll be all ready to play;-)
Or here, try this one.....it's outside AND on the Frances (first day of our first camino)
View attachment 29716
The only thing I`ll say about this pic is ..."I love chocolate"

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Never mind my previous post. I'm going to cut in line and post a pic of my own.
Clues:
Visible while walking the Camino Frances (but you may have to look to the right and back).
In a place with a sizable population.
Near a popular spot to sightsee.
Visible with Google Street View.
The text says: Nobody pass here without salulting Mary and saying with love "Do not leave me my mother."
Q21100-VER.jpg

Last edited:
Clues:
Visible while walking the Camino Frances (but you may have to look to the right and back).
The text says: Nobody pass here without salulting Mary and saying with love "Do not leave me my mother."
View attachment 29717

Villacazar de Sirga comes to my mind ... Buen Camino, SY

View attachment 29716

I just love that photo Rachael - wish there was some way of posting it as a "sticky" for all threads about taking children on the Camino. And particularly for those (like me) whose initial reaction was that it would all be too difficult.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
View attachment 29716
¿Quo Vadis? - a very good question on all levels

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
it looks like there's still snow on the roof, and graffiti of course in the background...
so it would be the first part of your walk, maybe somewhere in the Navarra?

it looks like there's still snow on the roof, and graffiti of course in the background...
so it would be the first part of your walk, maybe somewhere in the Navarra?
Nice thinking but it just looks like snow so you can't tell if it is early or late in our camino. Lots of graffiti around. The population of the place is greater than 2,000.

Nice thinking but it just looks like snow so you can't tell if it is early or late in our camino. Lots of graffiti around. The population of the place is greater than 2,000.
still looks like snow...probably because I want to play also...
I may start a game for all caminos not the frances;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
while we wait for someone to guess the current difficult one(s)--still don't know @Pingüigrino's second picture, nor Rick's first--i'm putting up an easy one
even though it is not on the VdlP, I will translate the Latin "traveler look at the hour, and continue on your way"
IMG_2881.jpg

Last edited:
O...KAY Seems we have now three picture quests that needs solving ;-) And it is anybody's guess who is the next one to post an image ;-) I try my best/worst:

Clues:
View attachment 29717

Boadilla del Camino?

No idea about @Smallest_Sparrow 's image.

@Pingüigrino 's image looks like Puente la Reina - Iglesia del Crucifio? But somebody else already meantioned Puente la Reina.

@Kiwi-family 's image is taken in Astorga, strong hint in their post ;-)

OK, putting on my hat as an 'over-organizing' German this thread would work a wee bit better if we would take it like the Camino - One step/picture at a time. Buen Camino, SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
O...KAY Seems we have now three picture quests that needs solving ;-) And it is anybody's guess who is the next one to post an image ;-) I try my best/worst:

Boadilla del Camino?

@Pingüigrino 's image looks like Puente la Reina - Iglesia del Crucifio? But somebody else already meantioned Puente la Reina.

OK, putting on my hat as an 'over-organizing' German this thread would work a wee bit better if we would take it like the Camino - One step/picture at a time. Buen Camino, SY
Do I get to post a picture for my Astorga answer??

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Do I get to post a picture for my Astorga answer??

Ok, as the thread starter, a bossy German female and just because I feel like it - I make a completely random decision that will, most likely, not please anyone ;-)

@trecile You have the task to post the next 'quest picture' for us to solve (where/what?) !

Let's try, for simpleness, to stick to these rules? Ok? Pretty please? SY

The rules are simple:

A Camino photo is posted.
The one who knows/posts where the photo was taken, post the next photo (or issues a wild card).
And so on.

If people have problems to solve the picture puzzle, hints may be given regarding Camino/time of year/etc.

Boadilla del Camino?

I would say we need to solve Pinguigrino's then that person gets to solve

I would say we need to solve Pinguigrino's then that person gets to solve
ok or treciles....I don't care, I just didn't like all these pictures people were ignoring...and I'd still like to know where they were

so to recap for those lost,
Wayfarer has the ball, having correctly named Trecile's photo

You've got it wayfarer, it's the ruins of the Convent of San Anton, approximately 5km from Castrojeriz

@wayfarer got it right, as confirmed by @trecile so @wayfarer posts the next picture quest picture - hopefully, SY

PS Feeling like watching a room full of super-excited puppies (their default stage of being) filled with yarn balls and me being the big mother cat sitting on top of the book shelf hissing. Lol :( SY

So...while we wait for Wayfarer to find a good one...I'm off to go figure out a good one in case I win...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, good idea, prepare some images to post for when it is your turn ;-) BC SY

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
one easy one deserves another...but come on guys, no image search

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpg
    IMG_1732.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 47
clue: he stands on the ruins of a church that was abandoned after a falling out between local nobles and common men over seating...and ended up with the town excommunicated for a while

Well, I´ll be a good boy. Since nobodys can identify the pic I posted, I think it´s my fault. But I tough it was easy. o_O
The answer is : The church of Santiago Apostol in Carrion de los Condes. It is the moment of ending the procession of Cristo del Amparo. I thougth it was easy because this image is not crucified on a cross, but a "Y".
http://www.quedaisinforma2.com/?p=584

... I thougth it was easy because this image is not crucified on a cross, but a "Y". ...

And that is what confused us! The most/best known Y-shaped crucifix (for most of us) is the one in Puente la Reina ;-) Thanks for solving that mystery and expanding our iconographic horizons! SY

I think it´s my fault
no, not your fault. It was a pretty picture, and we all learned from it!

@SYates, I must leave my computer for a while... if anyone who walked the Norte shows up to announce the location of this beautiful work by the brilliant Llimona, their answer is easily checked with google and I concede my turn in absentia.:)

PM me the correct answer and I take care of it in su absentia ;-) SY

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ok Rick . I dont want to say the place it is, but this town was a Templar place.

hey for some of us this is still during business hours. yes, @Rick of Rick and Peg is correct, the Angel of Death in the beautiful town of Comillas. What templar town? I only know Ponferrada:confused:...

Obviously @Pingüigrino knows, so the turn is his....I didn't go in the Castle :eek:crowds)...I don't remember it at the Roman spring, nor the old hospital, nor the turn off to the Invierno, or even that poor neglected Xth (?) century church at the top of the hill with the vineyards below...so I give up and wait for someone with a better eye

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.