• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Picture Fun Quest!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
No not Burgos. I thought this image was well known as it can be viewed upside down too. The building is certainly one of the most notable on the CF and has a close relative further along.

Bedtime for me, so if anyone is confident of their solution, feel free to post.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Perhaps it's in that gem St Martin in Fromista. But when I was there it was closed so I didn't see the reputed bizarre capital carvings.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Correct!!
I thought this image was well known, guess I was wrong.

I just googled it AJ, (as one does). What a stunning piece of architecture; and I missed it on my camino! How it slipped through the net I don't know. Ah well, bucket list.

Next time for me, too...
Ok, so I know that this place will have looked very different than this for most people.I am told there's a view but I sure didn't see it.
Oh. This is on the Francés.

Attachments

• 20150321_120254.jpg
    20150321_120254.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Off to bed now, will post another photo and clue tomorrow if nobody gets it in the meantime.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The gorgeous girls are Basque, which is irrelevant, but what are they looking at? Or into?

Attachments

• P1010515 (480x640).jpg
    P1010515 (480x640).jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 13
Another view of the tree. The way out of town is to the right.

The girls are looking into a "chapel"

Attachments

• P1010511 (640x480).jpg
    P1010511 (640x480).jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 9
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Behind me a Romanesque church, down the road to the left a good resto, albergue not far away...

Looks like there are no takers. I'll leave it a couple of hours, then reveal all.

Final clues: the albergue is quite big and has a lawn; the resto is called Restaurante Galicia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well, I found it but can't really claim to have really guessed it. Baamonde-Begonte.
So...Wildcard!
And on Google Earth, I thought what was most interesting was not the tree or the church but the banner on the right. Very telling.
So @AJ--what's the story here about the tree and what it has clearly overgrown?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
From a camino website:

“By the parish church of Santiago, a 12th-century Romanesque church, there are three 18th-century “cruceiros” and a chestnut tree estimated to be 500 years old. Inside it, you can see the shrine for the Virgen del Carmen carved by the local sculptor Victor Corral.

And a photo of the plaque fixed to the tree.

Attachments

• P1010513 (640x480).jpg
    P1010513 (640x480).jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 2
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I can't take any credit. It was Google, not me. :cool:
Anyone else notice this? Where?

Attachments

• out of order.JPG
    out of order.JPG
    297.9 KB · Views: 16
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can't take any credit. It was Google, not me. :cool:
Anyone else notice this? Where?
Sure did. It's been there for years. I probably have a photo but don't want to get diverted looking for it.

By the way, what do you guys do to identify these with google? Is there an image recognition or something like that?

And the village is...?
(I try to use my memory. But when I haven't been someplace that's a bit hard. To find the last one I googled the name of the restaurant that AJ gave, found the place, went to Google maps street view and found the tree in less than 2 minutes. Without the name? Nope, impossible.
But you should ask @Rick of Rick and Peg. He seems to be the master.)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
[QUOTE="C clearly, post: 464496, member: 1589"

By the way, what do you guys do to identify these with google? Is there an image recognition or something like that?[/QUOTE]

There can be image recognition for some photos, e.g. my photos of Castro U, Santillana and Eunate and not for others. Right click on the photo and check the options.

There can be image recognition for some photos, e.g. my photos of Castro U, Santillana and Eunate and not for others. Right click on the photo and check the options.
Ahhh! I see that option on the photos posted on the forum. How do I do it with another photo on my computer? What should I open the file in, before I right click on it?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Looks familiar to me, too. I think it was a little picnic area with several tables. Can't remember where that was. Still looking :)

€60,-
You call that walking, C?:p
I was reflecting on my walking!

I think it was a little picnic area with several tables.
That is a safe bet! :p

It was a rest area after a few hours walking on a nice dirt path through vineyards, approaching a very nice town with an excellent restaurant. I didn't eat there although it had Cuban music that evening, because the music didn't start until 11:00 pm or so!

€60,-
There is a resto behind me. Name of town and name of resto please.

Attachments

• P1000286 (640x480).jpg
    P1000286 (640x480).jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 17
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Restaurante Italiano Gambrinus in Santiago de Compostela

I love patterns - it was the fencing design that I remembered and the (fenced off) fountain. Street View in Google Maps found the restaurant although I do remember it.

Just the town will do for this one and it's visible on Google Maps!
statue.JPG

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I never noticed that, @Wokabaut_Meri
The penance for not being mindful will probably be to walk again...oh, dear....what a pity.:(;)

And, @C clearly, you threw me off, saying it was your favorite day's walk; from Ponferrada to Cacabelos is one of my least favorite stretches so I never considered it! Ha ha haaaa!:confused::D

Last edited:
There's a few of these along a wall yet the other side of the street is ordinary suburban. The garden is just before a bridge where the Camino then takes you past an old Romanesque building.

hmmm... seems like another clue is called for...

here's the Google Maps screenshot (with street name removed ;))
Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 00.57.05.png

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
And, @C clearly, you threw me off, saying it was your favorite day's walk; from Ponferrada to Cacabelos is one of my least favorite stretches so I never considered it! Ha ha haaaa!:confused::D
Actually you are absolutely right about the first half! I was just remembering the part after you cross the highway at Camponaraya, until you get to that rest stop!

Wayyy before Melide... the town is named for a legend... and you need to ensure that you have supplies for the next stretch

So... here I was thinking that this would be easy :oops: Even went back through my notes to ensure that I was actually in the Camino :confused: ...another clue... the town is named for a legend involving El Cid's daughters.

Yes, I think it is Carrion - just before you cross the bridge towards San Zoillo.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If I'm right I'm very happy to give the 'win' to @Kanga--after all, her answer's much mote specific and she obviously really knows where this is. I'm just guessing based on your clues.
I've been by it more than once but must have been in a meditative trance. :D (Or more likely simply woolgathering.......;):confused:)

Carrión de los Condes it is. I was starting to think that I'd taken a wrong turn o_O
(Been out buying new hiking boots for hubby :))

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
OK. Probably too easy, but at least it won't be on Google earth.

IMG_5582.jpg

One useful thing I'm learning from this game is that I don't pay much attention to my surroundings when I'm inside. That could be anywhere as far as my memory goes. ;)
Some paroquial albergue along the way as as close as I get.

A few clues. It is on the Frances. It was renovated only a couple of years ago. Yes, it is a paroquial albergue. It has got adobe walls.

€46,-
And if no-one gets it before I go to bed (shortly) I shall give a few more clues.

No-one has answered - another clue - there is a communal meal at night and everyone is invited to tell a story or sing a song from their country. Adobe walls inside - so on the meseta.

It does seem to me this thread is getting too long and unwieldy - I had scroll pages to get to the end. Lets finish the game and if there is interest start a new thread - with a slightly different title.

@SYates is right - it is the albergue in Bercianos. I stayed there after seeing you this year, Rebekah.

This thread is now very long Sy. It takes ages to scroll down through it, perhaps if you want to continue the game it is time to start a new one.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.