• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Picture Fun Quest!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Is it the monastario de Zenarruza?

full

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you have walked the Norte, you have walked right past it. You may even have slept within 200 m of it. There is a small entrance fee.

bodegas 1.jpg

Okay - this a real tough one. A photo taken on the outskirts of a town on the CF. There is a twist to this one.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The church exterior. Looking over your shoulder on the way out of town.

Attachments

• 714 (640x480).jpg
    714 (640x480).jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 7
Well, as one who has NOT walked right past it, but has at least been encouraged to research the Norte, which I haven't considered before, but certainly will.. ....
can't resist another go. It has to be Santa Juliana in Santilla del Mar.

Well, as one who has NOT walked right past it, but has at least been encouraged to research the Norte, which I haven't considered before, but certainly will.. ....
can't resist another go. It has to be Santa Juliana in Santilla del Mar.

Well done!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I say the cloisters are at Santillana del Mar, in the Colegiata de Santa Juliana. Oh! I see I've been beaten to it. I worked it out this morning, but did not have time to post. (Another fish that got away.....)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
bodegas 7.jpg bodegas 3.jpg
iglesia de san salvador bercianos, before reconstruction.
@AJ ..... Waaaaaaa , shoot!!!! Well , Well Done.
Do you see the Bodega right below the church tower? It collapsed after days of rain , taking the tower down which in turn took the entire church down with it. Here is a pic of what the scene looked like in 2012 , and note the dead tree from the original photo.

€149,-
:cool:
I know but had to look it up. Spoilers can check here.
I'm happy to cede the win to anyone who really knows, from their own experince.

Last edited:
No shame in doing a bit of research Viranani. You have obviously identified it as Granja de Moreruela, north of Zamora. Here's a pic of an explanatory plaque outside the church.
P6230839.jpeg
The church on the roadsign is the Moreruela Monastery, a spectacular ruin a few km from Granja along the Sanabres. This is the apse.
P6230844.jpeg

Your go, I think.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
:)I'd have gone left too....
And wow, that monastery! Good pics, thanks, all!
This is on the Frances, a place known for the things in the photo........

Attachments

• IMG_7428 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_7428 - Copy.JPG
    517.3 KB · Views: 17

€149,-
I had a minor problem with this earlier and deferred to SY who declared all is OK, so Viranani it is yours.

Just for the record ;-) It is not my thread, it is ours ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Do you call that a clue?! :confused::confused: Like there was only one place on the Camino Frances with many piles of stones and grape vines!o_O

Ah, and unless I'm mistaken, those are olive trees at the top right. Mmmmm...
However, since there do not appear to be any bike-tyre tracks in the dirt, maybe I didn't go that way, so I can be forgiven for not recognising the location.
So, I'm counting on you, C clearly!

I thought this would be easier since people were mentioning it on a thread about cairns a while back.
Just to be clear...There are more than a few. They are on both sides of the Camino all over the place. Will go now to look for that thread, and let it be the clue.....
A bit further along, @C clearly...
Edit--I can't find the mention of this place that I am remembering. Clue. It's on the way to an alto, on the Frances.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It's before the site of a famous confrontation and a town known for a church that contains the burial sites of many royalty. And in a general part of Spain known for its wine...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It was the wine mention that did it :p

On the Francés again

man_cart.JPG

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Cute. But somehow I missed it.
There are two options to the Camino just before this village so you may have taken the other route which was the more popular when we walked.

Calzada de Coto?
(And I am going to log out now for the night, so if that's right answer, I'm throwing out another wildcard so that the came can keep on going....)

Last edited:
Calzada de Coto?
(And I am going to log out now for the night, so if that's right answer, I'm throwing out another wildcard so that the came can keep on going....)
Spot on! It's even visible on Google Maps.
OK wildcard anyone?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Exactly! I wanted to post that picture of the faithful man who waited at the corner to invite passing pilgrims and slowly walk down to the church. I saw him on 2 Caminos (last in April 2016) and wonder if he is still there every day!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'll have to try and remember where this one is myself!

Attachments

• DSC01063 (480x640).jpg
    DSC01063 (480x640).jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 14
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'll post because I'm certain my answer was correct.

Attachment-1-1.jpeg
This will be easy for anyone who's done the VDLP. Note that the track is granite paved.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Maybe closer to Banos de Montemayor. If I am correct, then it's WILDCARD time. So anyone please post a photo

I'm way on the back foot, still looking at the carved octopi and thinking "I know this, i know this..." but unable to remember where.
No clue where Paul's post is from, but it sure looks interesting.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
It's almost exactly half way from Seville to Santiago.
A bit of a holiday spot for the Romans, taking a break from Merida.
Any help?

Sorry AJ, I missed your post. It is Banos from the Roman Road.
You're too good at this.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Nobody wildcarding. OK then.

Hint: I'm glad my son was paying.
Everyone has been next door.
Image 20-11-2016 at 6.46 pm.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wild guess, based on your clue--The Parador in Santiago?
(I've never set foot in the place and have no idea what it looks like or if it has a cloister...)

Wild guess, based on your clue--The Parador in Santiago?
(I've never set foot in the place and have no idea what it looks like or if it has a cloister...)

Indeed, it is the Hostal (!) Reyes Catolicos. My son had of course seen that movie, and when we arrived in Santiago from Madrid, he said "My treat"!
Over to you.

You're kidding!? How funny. It was a total shot in the dark.
OK so I will try to be less opaque this time--this should be a snap.
From the Frances: This roadside madonna is before which town or at the foot of what alto?
Soon turning off for the night--so if after I do someone answers correctly to everyone's satisfaction, please go ahead and post.

Attachments

• IMG_7350 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_7350 - Copy.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 8
IMAG1205.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1205.jpg
    IMAG1205.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You're kidding!? How funny. It was a total shot in the dark.
OK so I will try to be less opaque this time--this should be a snap.
From the Frances: This roadside madonna is before which town or at the foot of what alto?
Soon turning off for the night--so if after I do someone answers correctly to everyone's satisfaction, please go ahead and post.
Too easy! - after Alto del Perdon and just before Puenta La Reina

Happy to let @fiona99 have the next go. It's a beautiful picture.

€149,-
:rolleyes: That'll teach me to rely on my flawed memory instead of my trip notes.

All @fiona99 now

Let's not quit now, I just got caught up :) Can I wildcard? How about this easy one on the Frances?20130819_095152.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Outside the Ayto, Viana.

If I am correct: WILDCARD

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggish could be any number of places.
I'll go with...(random city generator whirs then spits out a card)...Burgos.

Outside the Ayto, Viana.

Just Googled and the building seems to be identical, AJ. But C clearly doesn't seem to have been on the Camino de Madrid, so we'd better await confirmation.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Albergue Puente in Puente la Reina ? Not sure this is right but can't get a good view of the street level in back.

Nope, not Castrojeriz.

Here it is at 7 the next morning - the wall and clothes line are in the background. I have smudged out the name of the albergue in the photo, as that would make it too easy!

Attachments

• 20141022_072817.jpg
    20141022_072817.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.