A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Picture Within a Picture

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
In September 2012 the last few days on the Frances were cold and damp and my friend JoJo took this in a back street of Arzua

mirror.JPG

and a good job too. The next day we were in a cafe sheltering from the rain when a group of excited Italian guys came in and started pointing at JoJo and waving her camera in the air.

Her camera pouch had fallen off of her pack waistband and she hadn't noticed. The guys tracked her down by the last few frames she had taken.

the hero.JPG

The hero of the day enjoying his reward.

(I always take a photo of a card bearing my name, email address and mobile phone number and lock it in the camera memory just in case it gets lost and is found by a decent person like this)

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Three in a row from the same position. In the poligono industrial after Andoain (Via de Bayona, 2016).

Attachments

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ),Via San Francesco(2017) Camino Portugese (2018 )Camino Ingles(2019) CF
I love all of these contributions to this thread! Aside from taking a picture, it actually PUTS us there again!

Hugh Larkin

Perpetual Wanderer
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2014
Sanabria 2018
Pieterpad 2018
Kumano Kodo (202??)
It was on the route. We were near a café in Piñeiro just southeast Santiago.

Breda Timmins

Camino(s) past & future
I plan to walk from Sarria to Santiago in September/October (2018)
I've a few of these photos, where I'm captured in the picture I was trying to take... Have you any to share? View attachment 80215
I love the idea of this post and any others which give Ivar some material for the forum at this difficult time

Attachments

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ),Via San Francesco(2017) Camino Portugese (2018 )Camino Ingles(2019) CF
Sweat, sun, age, washing, everything :D :D :D
But by this time I was already famous so I continued to walk in them. And still have them as a souvenir ;)
You could have them made into a lovely toss pillow for your sofa...tattered pockets, ripped hem and all !

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Whoa, whoa, whoa ladies, hold your horses because it wasn't my intention to act as a body-builder stand-in when taking this photo. I just wanted to document my new sleeves that I got after two days in the sun on Camino de Madrid. You know, the kind that office clerks used to wear in the times of fountain pens ;)
(Manzanares el Real, 2014)

Attachments

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
There's an anecdote connected to this photo.

It was my third day on Camino de Madrid and when coming to Cercedilla there's polideportivo on the left of the main street/Camino. The janitor signed me in and took me upstairs to this small gym with mirror on one entire wall. There was a stack of yoga mats of which I put two together and made my bed for the night. After shower I displayed all my gear around the place, dirty, smelly and wet clothes included because on Camino I do the washing every 2nd day and it was my 3rd :)

I went to the market, bought some provisions and beer (i.e. liquid food), sat on a bench just watching locals milling around for some time. When I returned to polideportivo the janitor was not in his booth so I just went upstairs and bumped into "my" gym when I realized there was this bunch of slightly older ladies than myself doing their evening zumba workout. After few moments of surprise (we were all like frozen in the moment) I excused myself and closed the doors, went downstairs, sat on the curb and open another beer. Embarrassed completely when realised what a mess I left behind together with smelly socks, undies etc. displayed there.

Quarter of an hour later the ladies came out of polideportivo with a lot of giggling, winking, nodding and whispering... :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
There's an anecdote connected to this photo.

It was my third day on Camino de Madrid and when coming to Cercedilla there's polideportivo on the left of the main street/Camino. The janitor signed me in and took me upstairs to this small gym with mirror on one entire wall. There was a stack of yoga mats of which I put two together and make my bed for the night. After shower I displayed all my gear around the place, dirty, smelly and wet clothes included because on Camino I do the washing every 2nd day and it was my 3rd :)

I went to the market, bought some provisions and beer (i.e. liquid food), sat on a bench just watching locals milling around for some time. When I returned to polideportivo the janitor was not in his booth so I just went upstairs and bumped into "my" gym when I realized there was this bunch of slightly older ladies than myself doing their evening zumba workout. After few moments of surprise (we were all like frozen in the moment) I excused myself and closed the doors, went downstairs, sat on the curb and open another beer. Embarrassed completely when realised what a mess I left behind together with smelly socks, undies etc. displayed there.

Quarter of an hour later the ladies came out of polideportivo with a lot of giggling, winking, nodding and whispering... :D
You are right, Kinky...those clothes DO smell bad! 😛

CaroleH

Camino(s) past & future
VdlP 2006, Portugues 2007;Madrid 2009, Finisterre 2009; Sur and VdlP 2011,2013; Manchego and Madrid 2014; VdlP (parts) 2016; Hospitalero plan 2017.
And I thought I was the only one who did traffic mirror selfies!

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 378 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock