• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Picture Within a Picture

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In September 2012 the last few days on the Frances were cold and damp and my friend JoJo took this in a back street of Arzua

mirror.JPG

and a good job too. The next day we were in a cafe sheltering from the rain when a group of excited Italian guys came in and started pointing at JoJo and waving her camera in the air.

Her camera pouch had fallen off of her pack waistband and she hadn't noticed. The guys tracked her down by the last few frames she had taken.

the hero.JPG

The hero of the day enjoying his reward.

(I always take a photo of a card bearing my name, email address and mobile phone number and lock it in the camera memory just in case it gets lost and is found by a decent person like this)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Three in a row from the same position. In the poligono industrial after Andoain (Via de Bayona, 2016).

Attachments

• 0129-selfie after Andoain (Hernani-Tolosa, 23.05.2016).jpg
    0129-selfie after Andoain (Hernani-Tolosa, 23.05.2016).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 0130-selfie after Andoain (Hernani-Tolosa, 23.05.2016).jpg
    0130-selfie after Andoain (Hernani-Tolosa, 23.05.2016).jpg
    709.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 0131-selfie after Andoain (Hernani-Tolosa, 23.05.2016).JPG
    0131-selfie after Andoain (Hernani-Tolosa, 23.05.2016).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I love all of these contributions to this thread! Aside from taking a picture, it actually PUTS us there again!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It was on the route. We were near a café in Piñeiro just southeast Santiago.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've a few of these photos, where I'm captured in the picture I was trying to take... Have you any to share? View attachment 80215
I love the idea of this post and any others which give Ivar some material for the forum at this difficult time

Attachments

• picture within picture (1).JPG
    picture within picture (1).JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 29
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sweat, sun, age, washing, everything :D :D :D
But by this time I was already famous so I continued to walk in them. And still have them as a souvenir ;)
You could have them made into a lovely toss pillow for your sofa...tattered pockets, ripped hem and all !

Whoa, whoa, whoa ladies, hold your horses because it wasn't my intention to act as a body-builder stand-in when taking this photo. I just wanted to document my new sleeves that I got after two days in the sun on Camino de Madrid. You know, the kind that office clerks used to wear in the times of fountain pens ;)
(Manzanares el Real, 2014)

Attachments

• 0090-Sra.Ela's house (Manzanares el Real, 22.06.14).jpg
    0090-Sra.Ela's house (Manzanares el Real, 22.06.14).jpg
    967.1 KB · Views: 26
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
There's an anecdote connected to this photo.

It was my third day on Camino de Madrid and when coming to Cercedilla there's polideportivo on the left of the main street/Camino. The janitor signed me in and took me upstairs to this small gym with mirror on one entire wall. There was a stack of yoga mats of which I put two together and made my bed for the night. After shower I displayed all my gear around the place, dirty, smelly and wet clothes included because on Camino I do the washing every 2nd day and it was my 3rd :)

I went to the market, bought some provisions and beer (i.e. liquid food), sat on a bench just watching locals milling around for some time. When I returned to polideportivo the janitor was not in his booth so I just went upstairs and bumped into "my" gym when I realized there was this bunch of slightly older ladies than myself doing their evening zumba workout. After few moments of surprise (we were all like frozen in the moment) I excused myself and closed the doors, went downstairs, sat on the curb and open another beer. Embarrassed completely when realised what a mess I left behind together with smelly socks, undies etc. displayed there.

Quarter of an hour later the ladies came out of polideportivo with a lot of giggling, winking, nodding and whispering... :D

Attachments

• 0124-sala de aerobica (Cercedilla, 23.06.14).jpg
    0124-sala de aerobica (Cercedilla, 23.06.14).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 0125-sala de aerobica (Cercedilla, 23.06.14).jpg
    0125-sala de aerobica (Cercedilla, 23.06.14).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
There's an anecdote connected to this photo.

It was my third day on Camino de Madrid and when coming to Cercedilla there's polideportivo on the left of the main street/Camino. The janitor signed me in and took me upstairs to this small gym with mirror on one entire wall. There was a stack of yoga mats of which I put two together and make my bed for the night. After shower I displayed all my gear around the place, dirty, smelly and wet clothes included because on Camino I do the washing every 2nd day and it was my 3rd :)

I went to the market, bought some provisions and beer (i.e. liquid food), sat on a bench just watching locals milling around for some time. When I returned to polideportivo the janitor was not in his booth so I just went upstairs and bumped into "my" gym when I realized there was this bunch of slightly older ladies than myself doing their evening zumba workout. After few moments of surprise (we were all like frozen in the moment) I excused myself and closed the doors, went downstairs, sat on the curb and open another beer. Embarrassed completely when realised what a mess I left behind together with smelly socks, undies etc. displayed there.

Quarter of an hour later the ladies came out of polideportivo with a lot of giggling, winking, nodding and whispering... :D
You are right, Kinky...those clothes DO smell bad! 😛

And I thought I was the only one who did traffic mirror selfies!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back