• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pictures from Camino Ingles

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Great photo essay! I've never done the Ingles so I appreciate the view. My favorites: 1) The public fountains 2) The goddamned highway scenes :lol: 3) The first view of the cathedral.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Lovely - God willing, I'll be walking it in October with my daughter Meenakshi. Thanks for sharing these,

Andy

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for the wonderful pictures of the Camino Ingles. I would like to walk it in the spring. Two questions, does the route go through A Coruna and are there many steep hills. I walked the Camino Frances in 2009 but am not as able now!
Una :D

Una said:
Thanks for the wonderful pictures of the Camino Ingles. I would like to walk it in the spring. Two questions, does the route go through A Coruna and are there many steep hills. I walked the Camino Frances in 2009 but am not as able now!

There are "two" Camino Ingles-es. One route is from A Coruna to SdC,and the second route is from Ferrol to SdC. Only the route from Ferrol meets the 100 km minimum walking distance to qualify for the compostela. I believe it would certainly be possible to start in Ferrol, go around to A Coruna and then back down to SdC, but I've not seen many people describe having done that.

There are some steep areas on the route. It is my understanding that there are various steep areas in Galicia. Since I have only done the Camino Ingles, I cannot compare it to the other routes.

Hola Una

There are a lot more hills to climb on Camino Frances than there are on Camino Ingles. There is really only one long day ie the stage from Betanzos to H. de Burma. Further Camino Ingles is a much shorter route than Camino Frances, and you can ease into the camino by having short walking days for the first couple of suggested stages. Very doable and very pleasant walking.

Enjoy. And Buen Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Una said:
Hi Una,
We plan to walk the Inglés next year (DV). Our idea is to walk from Ferrol to Betanzos by short stages, then to Cos. After that we hope to cross by minor roads to Carral on the Coruna arm and then continue to Santiago. Our stages would be about 16km or slightly less per day and the diversion from Cos to Carral avoids the long 35km day.
Do you know when you will be walking in Spring?

Daesdaemar, our thanks too for the photos

Buen Camino
Tia Valeria

Really love the pictures, can't wait to see for ourselves in July. Thank you.

Neil & Brenda White

Thank you both for your replies,they were most helpful. As yet I do not know when I can begin the walk but will post as soon as I know. :D
Best wishes for 2011,
Una

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back