• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pictures from our Camino Frances (August-September 2007)

NB Kevin

We have returned home to Canada from our walk on the Camino Frances. Thanks to everyone here who helped us plan a camino that was just right for us!The experience was challenging, stimulating and rewarding. We met wonderful people and saw some marvelous sights.

I learned to love all the pilgrims, the Spanish people who were so generous and encouraging to us, some special hospitaleros/as, the beautiful priests in Los Arcos and Boente, and the big-hearted peregrino, Marcelino.

The pilgrim mass in Los Arcos was special, as was the pilgrim mass in Santiago and the nun with the angelic voice.

I've loaded images of some of those sights into a Web Album that you can find here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kevin.hikerboy/TheCamino

Just click on "Slide Show" to have a look at them.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I really enjoyed looking at your pictures Kevin, they're fantastic ! I'm not going til April 08 but they make me want to be there now.
Arlene

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Magnificent photos Kevin, thanks. I loved all the little details you captured along the way.
Margaret

Re:Reflections in the morning....Camino Frances (

p1150641pp0.jpg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Pamplona Cathedral........................I have problem Ivar ? Porque no me aparece la foto completa ??
Muchas gracias.Thanks

copiadep1150497ry9.jpg

Oh wow, those pictures are great! I was in Belorado that same night at their fiesta. I was dancing with my Irish friend who is also from this forum So 3 of us were there! I had to stop walking for 2 weeks due to a ligament problem and have been walking again. I am in Portomarin and hsould be in Santiago in 4 days. Ivar, how are you coming along with your albergue? If you are there, I would love to meet you. How would I do that?
I amhaving a very nice time.
With Love
Lillian

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have problem Ivar ? Porque no me aparece la foto completa ??
Muchas gracias.Thanks
Porque la foto es muy ancha/grande.

The photo gets cut off due to it being too big/wide. I don't remember exactly, but it can not be wider than about 600 pixels.

Un saludo,
Ivar

Loved the photos. Leaving tomorrow for Sarria ex Dublin. Can ponly afford to take a week this year. Hopefully next year. Do the full monty, regards, Bill

Hi Kevin,
The pictures are excellent. we are about to head off in 5 days. It has been a busy lead up, not leaving much time to think about the Camino. Your pictures have us very inspired now!
Anna and Michelle

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can't believe the fantastic weather you had in Galicia. We went (biked) in June and were wet for the whole week from Astorga to Santiago. It actually made me rather unhappy. If the weather had been fair, it would have been so much more enjoyable on the bike.
Anyways, I haven't been here in ages. But we agreed with my BF yesterday that we would do the Camino again, probably in about 5 years time before we leave Europe. I'm already looking forward to it, if that's at all possible :-D

Fantastic photos! You so captured the essence of the Camino! We too were fortunate enough to have the botafumeiro at our Pilgrim Mass. But our positioning was such that I didn't get any good photos of it! Yours are wonderful! You've inspired me to try to get my photos posted! Buen Camino!

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks to all our Santiago-Today friends for their kind comments about our photos.

We were blessed with excellent weather, and we can't help but reflect on how different the experience would have been under less favourable conditions. We had only one day of rain, which we rather enjoyed in a perverse way. I'm sure we would have felt differently had we faced many rainy days and muddy tracks, as some of you did.

To Klarita and the other biker pilgrims, we developed a tremendous appreciation/admiration for your particular challenges on the way, and we were constantly amazed at the friendly bikers that passed us on seemingly impassable (by bike, anyway) sections of the Camino.

The camino beckons still, and dreams of ways not yet traveled to Santiago are calling us back.
Should we follow that dream, or seek counselling?

Hi Kevin,
Dream the dream, stay with it.
I originally intended to do the pilgrimage when I retired - it seemed that would give a 'window'; but I became ill and because of that I had the space to begin the walk from Le Puy in 1996; but what had been sown in the mind was to walk from home, literally to walk out of one's own door like the medieval pilgrims. I eventually was able to do that in 2005, I was able to live the dream.
So whatever your dream, you will know the time.
Buen Camino,
Brendan

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
>>>The camino beckons still, and dreams of ways not yet traveled to Santiago are calling us back.
Should we follow that dream, or seek counselling?>>>>

A great photo journey Kevin (and 'pretty in pink' Peg). Thanks. You have an artistic eye. Now I don't need to go :D
I think the Camino has more chance of 'clearing the mind' than any of the therapists I have seen !! Should be a manditory task towards their certification :D I expect "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" has taken on a new meaning.
lillypond.

Hi Lilypond,
On the Camino it's all small stuff... water, shelter and food... in that order. The rest? Well, none of it really matters.
Deirdre

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back