• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pictures of the Aragonés 2019

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Beautiful well composed pictures! They really capture the spirit of the Aragones. I too walked it in 2019..

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the comments. Glad you liked them.
Enjoyed that particularly at this time. Music was excellent. Am planning my next Camino on the Aragones and would have loved captions to say where photos were taken. Did recognise the last ones on the Frances. Well done.

Thank you for sharing your excellent photos and bringing back special memories!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Don't know if this will work, my first attempt but here are some photos of the Aragonés. Hope you enjoy them.
I did The C Aragones in 2018, a bit though for me, but beautiful🌞🍀

Don't know if this will work, my first attempt but here are some photos of the Aragonés. Hope you enjoy them.

Great video. It looks like you went over to Leyre, did you sleep there? What route did you take to get there? I have visited the monastery and church, but never as a peregrina, and I would love to take that detour if I ever get back to the Aragonés.

Another thing I missed is the Lumbier gorge, which you seem to have found. What were your stages from Sangüesa?

And last, did you go to San Juan de la Peña or keep straight on from Jaca to Arrés?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but this was a wonderful camino, and I would love to repeat it, especially to see some of the things I missed!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Thanks a lot ! I always wanted to visit Canfranc and the surrealistic ghost train station ! Nice classical music too ! Did you get it free of charge ? I am looking where to download it for my own videos !!

Another thing I missed is the Lumbier gorge, which you seem to have found. What were your stages from Sangüesa?
The checkin hospitalera (not resident) at the Sangüesa albergue pointed out the two routes, the camino and the Lumbier. Lumbier will connect to the camino the same day but it is of course a longer walk. I forget how much farther but I stayed on the camino anyway. She also pointed out where in Sangüesa to catch an early bus to another town on the way to Lumbier that would shorten the walk. I know this isn't much help but to make up for it I'm telling you to search for Via Verde Lumbier. Most of Spain's Via Verdes are what we call Rail Trails. I believe this one is. The Via Verde brochures are also PDFs and come in several languages. I know you have no problems with Spanish but others may want to look for the version in their native language.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Lots of memories, enjoyed your pictures!

Attachments

• 7560876E-268F-498A-B457-F9AF21590E96.jpeg
    7560876E-268F-498A-B457-F9AF21590E96.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks a lot ! I always wanted to visit Canfranc and the surrealistic ghost train station ! Nice classical music too ! Did you get it free of charge ? I am looking where to download it for my own videos !!
I downloaded it via iTunes. Thought it was appropriate - glad you like it.

Great video. It looks like you went over to Leyre, did you sleep there? What route did you take to get there? I have visited the monastery and church, but never as a peregrina, and I would love to take that detour if I ever get back to the Aragonés.

And last, did you go to San Juan de la Peña or keep straight on from Jaca to Arrés?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but this was a wonderful camino, and I would love to repeat it, especially to see some of the things I missed!
I'd first like to thank you, Peregrina 2000, you (in the form of your wisdom and notes) have been with us on every camino we've done and will hopefully guide us on the next (Lana, if possible), so answering a few questions is the least we can do. OK, so, we did a couple of side excursions, one of them to San Juan de la Peña by the workers' shuttle bus which leaves Jaca around 10 am every day and around 5 pm returns for 1.50 euros I think - the excellent tourist office has details. We stayed two nights in Jaca then walked direct to Arrés. The walk up to San Juan is pretty gruelling and there is nowhere to stay unless you want to pay handsomely for the privilege (and the hotel at the top is closed) or camp, so we did it as a day trip. We visited the monastery at Leyre as tourists, four of us hired a taxi from Sanguesa (then had to cadge a lift back as all the local taxi drivers had gone to a local fiesta). I seem to remember a hotel up there, a very expensive hotel. Again, we stayed two nights in Sanguesa - as in Jaca, the hospis bent the rules and let us stay two nights. From Sanguesa, we walked out to and through the Lumbier gorge (just outside town) and stayed in Lumbier - we treated ourselves to a hotel. The gorge is spectacular, especially if you like vultures. My diary is a bit vague on details but they are trying to promote it (already quite popular) and once again, the tourist office will help you out. A little torch would be handy for the short section of old railway tunnel where there is no light. From Lumbier, we walked to Monreal - by rejoining the camino before Monreal; finding the way wasn't difficult but I think we used Wikilocs to find the camino again. From Monreal (small place but a shop, and a bar in the community centre who will give you the key to the albergue) we walked to Óbanos (which has a huge, pleasant, almost empty albergue, in contrast to Puente La Reina which is nearly always full). From Monreal, we followed the canal a lot to avoid the pointless ups and downs and avoid the quarries. Apart from vending machines, there were no services on this stage. Chapel of Eunate is not to be missed. Another tip, Ruesta is the albergue sited in a deserted village - abandoned when the reservoir was created, very controversial. It is run by the CGT and is a little strange. The meal was amazing but the accommodation may be in need of attention, and do not accept the offer of a 2 euro tour of the ermita. It is a con. The abandoned village is a melancholy but evocative place. I hope this all makes sense. If it doesn't make sense or if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back