• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Piece of paradise in middle of nowhere

puravidadarlene

This morning on our way out of Sarria we had a conversation about how busy the camino gets from this point. We are not much for staying in larger towns and try to avoid it. Today we found a piece of heaven in the middle of nowhere. Approx 7 km out of Sarria we found a new Albergue. Its a old mill, the young lady put a lot of work into this sweet place, there is no restaurant and she doesn't cook, BUT she has a little supply of groceries and a beautiful kitchen you can use, The place is very clean and yes she has wifi and you can sit and listen to the frogs sing. If you need a place to rest, I highly suggest this quant little spot. Opened March 26th 2014 ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081654.740420.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081681.372865.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081700.799489.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081716.273443.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081747.695875.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081769.395088.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081784.632807.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081576.599587.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081576.599587.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 76
  • ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081594.937214.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081594.937214.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 71
  • ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081610.368368.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081610.368368.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 66
  • ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081624.387019.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400081624.387019.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 64
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What's the name? Phone #? Is it right on the Camino or how do we find it? Thanks, in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Wow, that's a bargain such a place for 10€ after Sarria :) Only 8 bunks, lots of outdoor space, beautiful!!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We are leaving this morning:( But I had a amazing sleep. She has these fuzzy warm blankets, I loved them. I even got to sleep in, waiting for eggs and coffee (I have a wonderful husband). She also has the most adorable companion, 9 week old puppy, kind of takes your mind of I long day of walking to play in the grass with cutie. But don't worry she's always concerned about your comfort and if puppy gets annoying she'll take her away lol.ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400136374.596107.jpg

What is the name over the albergue as sounds nice we should be there in about 5 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app
Larry-- I am taking on the Camino from Sahagun where I left it last October. I plan to start walking 29 June. Hope to see you out there! Buen Camino!

We leave for the Camino is a couple of weeks - woohoo :) - and had been talking about a "strategy" for the last 100 km after hearing the reports of over crowding. We were thinking that walking through Sarria and staying a few km down the road might be the way to mitigate the effect of the crowds for that portion of the route. This albergue looks like it is perfectly placed for that plan.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We did that the whole way in and stayed at some private albergue, the Casa Banderas in Vilcha right before Portomarin, Gordon and Annmarie are wonderful and make you feel right at home and then o'Abrigadoiro in San Xulian outside Palas de Rei (supper was amazing)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back