• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Piedmonte guide, baggage transport

Purple Backpack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF’12 VF’16 VP w/variants 2022/23 Norte’23
We find ourselves with a few extra days before staring the Via Podiensis and have always wanted to see Carcassone. After searching the posts for GR 78, we were happy to see the Piedmonte route and are thinking of taking a few days to hike before heading to the GR65. Don't hate me for asking this but does anyone know if there is baggage transport and a way to order the LePere guide? I saw Bombay Bill's post but am still having trouble figuring out if we can walk a few days and still get to a train station to head to Le Puy en Velay. Many thanks!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
For the guidebooks perhaps this will help.

I ordered the guide from LePere in France and received the guide within 2 weeks to Canada. A review of my copy does not reveal any info on baggage transfer.

My opinion of the guide is that it is not as readable as a Miam Miam Dodo. The layout is a bit “busy”. The maps are not as readable as MMDD. It’s full of useful info and I’m still glad to have it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We find ourselves with a few extra days before staring the Via Podiensis and have always wanted to see Carcassone. After searching the posts for GR 78, we were happy to see the Piedmonte route and are thinking of taking a few days to hike before heading to the GR65. Don't hate me for asking this but does anyone know if there is baggage transport and a way to order the LePere guide? I saw Bombay Bill's post but am still having trouble figuring out if we can walk a few days and still get to a train station to head to Le Puy en Velay. Many thanks!
Send me your route and I’ll research connections.

Use email to contact la Malle Postale, even if their site does not show transport. They will be able to advise you, I believe. Also, getting from SW France to le Puy is not going to be easy because there is a giant "black hole" in south central France without train traffic. Check the rome2rio site. I hope that site proves me wrong.

Bon chemin.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Use email to contact la Malle Postale, even if their site does not show transport. They will be able to advise you, I believe. Also, getting from SW France to le Puy is not going to be easy because there is a giant "black hole" in south central France without train traffic. Check the rome2rio site. I hope that site proves me wrong.

Bon chemin.

Thanks, thinking of Cathar Way instead. Appreciate the links!

Ha! I also have the new Cicerone Cathar guide. Looks great but tough.
I downloaded it last night! Found a company from England called Walks WorldWide that will arrange lodging and baggage transport. They split the walk into two sections and said the first is scenic with just a couple of castles and the second half more historical with four castles, ending in Foix. Still looking at it but am intrigued. Tried to start a new Cathar Way GR 367 thread but can't get the Forum to allow me to add a new route.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Le Sentier Cathare was on my to do list. I hope you are able to do it. I have a book on it and have done some online research about it. I would have a quick back and forth email exchange with a French tourist bureau like the one below in Aude. I am pretty sure they will answer a request in English. It will perhaps give you more options than a UK company.

Bon chemin. Good luck.

Le Sentier Cathare was on my to do list. I hope you are able to do it. I have a book on it and have done some online research about it. I would have a quick back and forth email exchange with a French tourist bureau like the one below in Aude. I am pretty sure they will answer a request in English. It will perhaps give you more options than a UK company.

Bon chemin. Good luck.
Thanks, I appreciate it. If we end up doing it, I'll post something on the Forum for others to use. Check out the walks worldwide.com site for their info!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, The time approaches for the 7 day walk from Lourdes to SJPDP. We will start next tuesday. However, at this moment the weather forecast isn't encouraging -> rain every day for a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back