• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Accommodation on the Arles Route

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Would somebody be so kind and direct me to the best website for finding out about gites and other pilgrim accommodation along the Chemin d’Arles? Just starting to look at this route and whether I can afford it. Many thanks.
Jill

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There is a Miam Miam Dodo for the Chemin d'Arles - available through Amazon France:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/2916446516/

We walked part of the route; walked from Sête via the Canal de Midi until Toulouse, and then joined the Arles. We found the prices similar to the Le Puy route, but there were fewer gites and we had to use bed and breakfast more often, if that is any help.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
And another link ;-) http://verscompostelle.be/cohearl.htm

There used and should still be an accueil jacquaire chain on that route, basically veteran pilgrims taking in current pilgrims. The addresses are not made public as far as I know, as they are private homes, but the tourist office has them and after your first stay you just get referred to the next one. Bon Chemin, SY

Not by personal experience in this particular "Arles Voie", but I consider trustful the guides of ACIR Compostelle in Toulouse (which, as you know, is the big city in this way).
See here It is in French, but everything is quite evident (including pictures of albergues)
Other info also, as height profiles of every stage and maps for the crossing of Toulouse (not a minor thing in this metropolis).
They have a bureau at Clémence Isaure, 4, near metro Esquirol, with stamps, which double as a bookshop. Pilgrims are warmly received.
You can ask the guide to be sent to you by e-mail, as pdf; it comes handy. Click in Demandez notre documentation détaillée

Last edited:
... and I can only add that even going in blind, accommodations are easily found.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi @jsalt
My favorite site for Le Puy accommodations http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/Selection/CarteFrance.html also shows that it includes accommodations for the Arles Route, however, when you click on the individual maps, only the first two stages have listings. I sent an email to the site creators and received a response from Elise indicating that she will be "integrating" it this summer and it should be completed by September. Not sure when you're planning on going, but hopefully, you'll be able to use the site as it shows photos, prices and amenities.
B

Miam Miam Dodo is the best, lists all types of accommodation plus info of shops/cafés/ transport etc.. Its6in French but if you don't do French don't worry as it uses icons and is very intuitive. It even indicates what languages are spoken at accommodations. I think it's brilliant.
Ultreïa

Thank you so much everyone. I will look for the Miam Miam Dodo at the bookstore in Santiago when I am there in June. The cost of post and packing is making it a bit too expensive for me now.
Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
and I'm off to the races next sunday - i saw somewhere that there are a couple of 'must stay' gites/auberges on the voie d'arles - i seem to recall one that a lot of folks miss because they stay at another one in the same town - don't want to miss out on any of these, so could someone please remind me again which ones i have to stay at, no matter what? thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning Pilgrims! In June I will leave Italy to try to get to Santiago. Around August I will be walking the part of the camino in France, and as I read through the various threads, I had a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back