• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Book - The Day Was Made for Walking

Time of past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
I have just finished reading Australian author Noel Braun's story that recount his Camino of 2010 and 2011. Noel started from Le Puy (in SW France) in mid 2010 to walk to St Jean Pied de Port. He returns in 2011 and walks the remainder of the Camino Frances to Santiago and onward to Finnisterre. Now I know many people do this walk but Noel was around 78 when he left Le Puy.
How do I rate this book? Well after reading Field of Stars (by K Codd) I thought I would not find a better tail. Well (IMHO) I have. Noel's story telling style relates his trials and successes in a very forthright manner. I heartily recommend this book!
Unfortunately for those not located in Australia the book is only available in printed format, although I have recommended to Noel that he consider publishing an e_book version.
[ISBN: 1-922086-47-9]

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There is a Kindle edition . The cost is $9 90 or something in Amazons.

I have just finished reading Australian author Noel Braun's story that recount his Camino of 2010 and 2011. Noel started from Le Puy (in SW France) in mid 2010 to walk to St Jean Pied de Port. He returns in 2011 and walks the remainder of the Camino Frances to Santiago and onward to Finnisterre. Now I know many people do this walk but Noel was around 78 when he left Le Puy.
How do I rate this book? Well after reading Field of Stars (by K Codd) I thought I would not find a better tail. Well (IMHO) I have. Noel's story telling style relates his trials and successes in a very forthright manner. I heartily recommend this book!
Unfortunately for those not located in Australia the book is only available in printed format, although I have recommended to Noel that he consider publishing an e_book version.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Nope, Liz is correct and I've just downloaded the Kindle version. I downloaded Field of Stars a couple of days ago, so I can read & compare both, whilst waiting impatiently for my retirement in 11 months time & my first (of I hope many) Caminos in 12 months time!!
Suzanne :)

Nope, Liz is correct and I've just downloaded the Kindle version. I downloaded Field of Stars a couple of days ago, so I can read & compare both, whilst waiting impatiently for my retirement in 11 months time & my first (of I hope many) Caminos in 12 months time!!
Suzanne :)
Happy reading. One thing I did not mention - like many "personal" reflectives Noel at times expresses opinions about other "pilgrims". Some may feel that this is unjust - but like an autobiography, he is true to himself and the rest of us are just observers (imho).

Hi Mike -
I really enjoyed Noel's book too. I found him to be so open and honest - the book was a 5 Star read for me.
Thanks for the tip on 'Field of Stars' - I'll check it out.
Cheers - Jenny

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back