• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Credential

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi
For those who could not have the chance to get the Pilgrim Credential at the Cathedral in Lisbon
You can get it at Santarem Hostel in Satarem, 3 days walking from Lisbon.
Bom Caminho
Mario
Bom dia Mario, muito obrigado

Just finished the CP. A few notes. 1) Credential desk at the Se in Lisboa doesn’t open until 10am. 2) Two or three of the markers on your way out of Lisboa were covered by banners advertising upcoming festivals. Took two wrong turns before discovering the first two. The third is the roundabout near Ganga where I couldn’t find an arrow and ended up using GPS and dead reckoning to find the trail.
North of Azumbuja you will be walking through lots and lots of tomato fields and vineyards. A couple of signposts have been run over by farm machinery, so look carefully beside the trail when you come to certain unmarked intersections, as there is most likely a post or a stone column laying in the dirt, still pointing the way, but requires some searching. Once I got north of Santarem, no more issues with arrows or finding the Way.
Pilgrim traffic increased noticeably in both Oporto and again at Tui. Specifically, encountered a large number of day-hikers from Tui to Santiago. Often they walk three or four abreast, so be prepared to ask for the trail space to pass them, as there is a lack of awareness of their surroundings and other pilgrims and they are often walking slowly.
Portuguese people were unfailingly polite and often went out of their way to help make my Camino trek a wonderful and memorable experience. Obrigado!
Bruno, Carlos, Bruno, Leslie, Sue, Raymond, Martin, Veerle, Petuli and Lenka - the CP wouldn’t have been nearly as memorable without all of your support and encouragement at various points along the Way. Bless you all.
Until the next one... The fast old guy from Seattle.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just finished the CP. A few notes. 1) Credential desk at the Se in Lisboa doesn’t open until 10am. 2) Two or three of the markers on your way out of Lisboa were covered by banners advertising upcoming festivals. Took two wrong turns before discovering the first two. The third is the roundabout near Ganga where I couldn’t find an arrow and ended up using GPS and dead reckoning to find the trail.
North of Azumbuja you will be walking through lots and lots of tomato fields and vineyards. A couple of signposts have been run over by farm machinery, so look carefully beside the trail when you come to certain unmarked intersections, as there is most likely a post or a stone column laying in the dirt, still pointing the way, but requires some searching. Once I got north of Santarem, no more issues with arrows or finding the Way.
Pilgrim traffic increased noticeably in both Oporto and again at Tui. Specifically, encountered a large number of day-hikers from Tui to Santiago. Often they walk three or four abreast, so be prepared to ask for the trail space to pass them, as there is a lack of awareness of their surroundings and other pilgrims and they are often walking slowly.
Portuguese people were unfailingly polite and often went out of their way to help make my Camino trek a wonderful and memorable experience. Obrigado!
Bruno, Carlos, Bruno, Leslie, Sue, Raymond, Martin, Veerle, Petuli and Lenka - the CP wouldn’t have been nearly as memorable without all of your support and encouragement at various points along the Way. Bless you all.
Until the next one... The fast old guy from Seattle.

Hi Rex.
Yes I do know that some pilgrims could not get the credential at the Sé in Lisbon. That is why we have credentials available for the last 4 years, as the only next place from Lisbon to get the Credential was Coimbra.
Regardind the markers (arrows) that is a big issue as many public and private organizations claim the rigth to mark the way according to they own. However, the final result is very poor.
Finally, I am surprised about your comment "... Portuguese people were unfailingly polite and often went out of their way to help make my Camino trek a wonderful and memorable experience..."
It is the first time I read a bad comment about it. Not sure what went wrong but all the comments I have read on this forum and personnal go to the opposite experience.
Sorry that you have not enjoyed the CP according to your expectations.
Bom Caminho
Mario

Finally, I am surprised about your comment "... Portuguese people were unfailingly polite and often went out of their way to help make my Camino trek a wonderful and memorable experience..."
It is the first time I read a bad comment about it.
Maybe something was lost in translation. Rex's comment is very positive - Portuguese people were always polite and helpful to him.

Raggy is correct. My comment was intended to offer high praise for the Portuguese people with whom I came in contact. They were wonderful!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Raggy is correct. My comment was intended to offer high praise for the Portuguese people with whom I came in contact. They were wonderful!
Hi Rex. Very sorry, I did understand it in a negative way. It was a translation error. Very sorry for that and glad to know that, again, one recognise, Portuguese people are very helpful.
Bom Caminho
Mario

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back